送交者: lesson 2011年07月10日12:07:45 于 [天下论坛] 发送悄悄话
美网民声援海地拒收孟山都夺命粮种
作者:weili 文章发于:新浪博客 点击数: 2282 更新时间:2011-7-10
【字体:
【复制本文】 【下载本文】

方舟子孟山都的神秘背景要彻查(摘录)

weili

编剧赵华按语:

2010年5月,美国转基因粮种巨头孟山都向海地地震灾区捐赠了几百吨“专利杂交种子”、化肥和农药。但海地农民认为这是孟山都公司为将其“不育系”杂交粮种产品打入海地市场并留下“转基因”毒种“后门”的邪恶图谋。最初孟山都计划“慷慨”捐赠的是抗“草甘磷”转基因玉米种子,但遭到海地农业部断然拒绝。为了维护本国粮食主权,海地农民游行抗议孟山都“夺命粮种”的“捐赠式”入侵,并象征性烧毁了一些孟山都捐赠的专利杂交玉米种子。一个拥有20万会员的全国联盟鼓励海地农民烧光已分发的孟山都种子,呼吁本国政府拒绝更多孟山都粮种。海地农民拒绝孟山都“夺命粮种”的举动,获得了美国网民的声援,并批驳了孟山都公司及其枪手“水军”的无耻狡辩,很值得我们中国人深思。

海地农民拒绝孟山都地震赈灾捐赠并焚烧转基因种子  

Haitian Farmers Reject Monsanto Earthquake Relief Donation and Burn GMO Seeds

Monday, July 19, 2010 by: Tony Isaacs, citizen journalist (托尼.艾萨克斯,公民记者,2010年7月19日,星期一) 

http://www.naturalnews.com/029222_GMOs_Haiti.html  

(自然新闻网)孟山都向海地地震灾区捐赠了几百吨专利杂交种子、化肥和农药,但许多人认为这是一次为了将其产品打入新市场并留下后门的图谋。最初,孟山都计划捐赠抗“草甘磷” 转基因玉米种子,但遭到海地农业部的拒绝。虽然孟山都把捐款说成是为赈灾尽一份力量,但其“慷慨”却遭到质疑并被断然拒绝。(NaturalNews) In what many believe to be an attempt to backdoor its products into a new market, Monsanto has donated hundreds of tons of patented hybrid seeds, fertilizers and pesticides to earthquake stricken Haiti. Initially, Monsanto planned to donate GMO "Roundup ready" seeds, but that offer was rejected by Haiti's Ministry of Agriculture. Though Monsanto termed their donation an effort to help provide earthquake relief, Monsanto's "generosity" is being met with skepticism and outright rejection.

上个月,一万农民游行抗议孟山都,一组小农户在以农业为主的安什镇中心广场象征性地烧毁了一些杂交玉米种子。一个有20万会员的全国联盟鼓励海地农民烧光已分发的孟山都种子,并呼吁该国政府拒绝更多(孟山都的)货品。

Last month, 10,000 farmers marched in protest against Monsanto and a group of small farmers burned a symbolic quantity of hybrid corn seed in the central square of the agricultural town of Hinche. A 200,000-member national coalition is encouraging Haiti farmers to burn all Monsanto seeds already distributed, and has called on the government to reject additional shipments.  

农民领袖查万斯.让巴蒂斯特对“新闻通讯社”记者说:农民们要保留传统的“尊重环境并抵抗退化的的有机农业。我们保护本土种子并捍卫农民们使用土地的权力”。让巴蒂斯特还说:“反击杂交和转基因种子对拯救我们的产品多样性和我们的农业至关重要”,并坚持认为,“郡里有权制定自己的农业政策,种田要先为家庭,再为当地市场,并按照尊重环境和地球母亲的方式种植健康农产品”。

Peasant leader Chavannes Jean-Baptiste told IPS News: Farmers want to preserve their traditional "organic agriculture that respects the environment and fights against its degradation. We defend native seeds and the rights of peasants on their land." Jean-Batiste also said "Fighting hybrid and GMO seeds is critical to save our diversity and our agriculture" and maintained that a "county has a right to define its own agricultural policies, to grow first for the family and then for local market, to grow healthy food in a way which respects the environment and Mother Earth."  

另一位农夫说:“种子和水是人类的共同遗产。”

Another peasant farmer stated, "Seeds and water are the common patrimony of humanity."

“全球研究”称孟山都最初捐赠的475吨种子和化学品是“新地震”和“夺命礼品”。 

Global Research called Monsanto's initial donation of 475 tons of hybrid seeds and chemicals a "new earthquake" and "deadly gift".  

孟山都捐赠给海地的的玉米种子已用杀真菌剂Maxim XO处理过,而卡利普索番茄种子则用福美双处理过。福美双是一种剧毒化学品,环保局审定为高危险级,现在规定农业工人必须穿防护服才能使用。

The corn seeds Monsanto donated to Haiti have been treated with the fungicide Maxim XO, while the calypso tomato seeds were treated with Thiram. Thiram is a highly toxic chemical which the EPA examined and deemed to be so dangerous that agricultural workers are now mandated to wear protective clothing when handling them.  

众所周知,跨国巨头种子公司孟山都的转基因和杂交种子政策一贯咄咄逼人,其另一个名声是恐吓、起诉农民和小农业公司,声称他们违约和侵犯专利,包括土地受到邻近地里转基因作物花粉污染的农民,或者上年所留种子自动发芽的农民。 截止2007年,孟山都仅在美国通过打官司就赚了2150万美元

Multinational seed giant Monsanto is known around the world for its aggressive GMO and hybrid policies. It is also known for intimidating and suing farmers and small agricultural companies it claims have violated its contracts and patents, including farmers whose fields have been contaminated by pollen from adjacent genetically engineered crops or who have had voluntary seed sprout from a previous year's crop. By 2007 Monsanto had already collected over $21.5 million in judgments in the U.S. alone.  

孟山都臭名昭著的事情还有他们的剧毒除草剂“橙剂”造成的死亡和健康问题,让许多老年人染上了癌症。 越南政府说使用“橙剂”导致他们有400000人死亡或者残废, 500000儿童天生缺陷。(译者忍不住插嘴:这个美国记者与方舟子和国内主流媒体以及丧尽天良的专家学者们有一拼啊,明知是美国政府和美军在越战期间的反人类犯罪行为,却只字不提,诸位在哪里见过方舟子和国内主流媒体以及丧尽天良的专家学者们说转基因有害了?)

Monsanto is also infamously known for the deaths and health problems resulting from its highly toxic herbicide product Agent Orange, which caused cancer in large numbers of U.S. Veterans. The Vietnamese government claims that 400,000 of their citizens died or were disabled and 500,000 children were born with birth defects as a result of Agent Orange.  

虽然孟山都说种子是捐赠的,但明眼人不难看出,一旦农民上钩,他们作为唯一的供货商必将财源滚滚而来,他们这一招在世界其他地方屡试不爽 - 最得计的是在美国和加拿大。一旦引种孟山都的种子,他们也常常从销售化肥、农药和除草剂中大赚其钱,这些产品的需求量一般都随着种子使用量的增加而增加。   

While Monsanto is calling the seeds a donation, it isn't hard to see how the company will benefit by getting farmers hooked on a need that only it can supply, as it has done elsewhere around the world - most notably in the U.S. and Canada. Once Monsantos seeds are introduced, they often also profit from sales of their fertilizer, pesticides and herbicides, whose demand usually increases in proportion to the use of its seeds.  

巨头种子公司孟山都、先正达、杜邦、拜耳控制了世界上超过一半的种子专利。孟山都的种子专利近650种,其中大部分是棉花、玉米和大豆种子专利。该公司还拥有世界上所有生物技术研发项目30%的股份

Seed company giants Monsanto, Syngenta, Dupont and Bayer control more than half of the world's seed patents. Monsanto has almost 650 seed patents, most of which are for cotton, corn, and soy. The company also owns almost 30 percent of the share of all the world's biotechnology research and development.  

世界上最大的农民联合会,农民之路,称孟山都是“各国人民可持续农业和粮食主权的主要敌人之一”。

The world's largest confederation of farmers, Via Campesina, has called Monsanto one of the "principal enemies of peasant sustainable agriculture and food sovereignty for all peoples."  

美国网民声援海地农民痛斥孟山都及其转基因 (选自3个网站): 

1 ZedeZ Wed,  08/04/2010  - 4:21pm   

海地干得好啊!  

祝贺他们公开反对有史以来的最邪恶黑手党!!!这些夺命种子的唯一目的:通过诱发疾病和癌症控制人口数量,现在正发生在南美洲和美国。美国农民在做什么?什么也没做,他们为了$$$而合作。  

GOOD for HAITI!!!  

Congratulations for speaking out against the most EVIL MAFIA of all times!!!  

These DeathSeeds are for one and only purpose: to control the population, by causing illnesses and cancer. It's happening now in south america, and usa.  

So what american farmers do ??? nothing. they co-operate for $$$  

2 Judyssmile Wed,  08/04/2010  - 5:27pm   

转基因农业是危害这个星球上空前绝后的最大灾难!我们已经吃进了、喝进了超量的农药。只要稍作调查的人都知道农药会导致癌症和其他疾病。但政客们不听我们的声音!他们为大公司服务。我们必须打击他们的利益钱包。虽然我们美国公众成了豚鼠,似乎没权利去贴(转基因)标签,以便做出我们自己的选择,但我们可以拒绝购买玉米、大豆、甜菜糖、菜籽油和棉籽油。我正在写信给本州的蒙大纳小麦有限公司,因为它们还没有被污染。我感谢他们还是非转基因公司;我会把调查中找到的很多信息发送给他们。孟都山把农民看成是无知的狗。他们欺骗农民种植被他们破坏的种子,进而必须购买他们有毒的除草剂。我们必须教育人民。人多力量大。政客们(至少他们大多数)似乎麻木不仁!我一吃任何含转基因的食品就出现可怕的反应。当你知道你吃的是什么以后就不足为怪了。  

GMO farming is the worst--the very worst disaster ---to ever hit this planet! We are already eating and drinking more than enough pesticides. Anyone who has done any research at all knows that pesticides increase cancer and other diseases. Our politicians will NOT listen to us! They serve the big corporations.  

We must hit them in the wallet. Even though we, the American public, are guinea pigs with seemingly no right to labeling so we can make our own choices, we can still refuse to buy the corn, the soy, the sugar beet sugar, canola, and cottonseed oil. 

I am writing to Montana Wheat Co. in my state because they are not polluted yet. I am thanking them for being a non-GMO company; and I am sending them lots of information that I have found through my research. Monsanto treats farmers like they are ignorant dogs. They deceive them into planting their corrupted seeds which require their poisonous herbicides. we must educate people. Power is in numbers. The politicians (at least most of them) don't seem to give a damn! I get terrible reactions when I eat anything containing GMOs. No wonder when you learn what you are eating!   

3 Steve Wed,  08/04/2010  - 7:20pm   

哇!!!听起来像是个贩毒集团!!!!!  

控制并分发毒品却不管带来的伤害。  

他们对食物、环境和人们身体健康的所作所为是一种犯罪!!!!!  

“化学让生活更美好”……胡说八道!!!!!  

产生毒性的正是化学品,造成伤害的正是毒性。植物吸收了毒性,人再把毒性吃下去。  

哦,好极了!!!现在我不得不买一个食物过滤器!!!!!!  

而且要命的是,你可能摆脱不了美国这些种子集团公司的转基因产品!!!!!我以前认为转基因的整个构想是让植物减少对化肥和农药的依赖,首要的是变得更强壮更有抵抗力!!!!!!!!  

然而,他们的转基因种子越来越多地要使用化肥和农药?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?他们说的强化食品纯属无稽之谈,实际上是在消弱食品!!!!!!!!!

让食品更加依赖化肥和农药……他们的专利种子必须施用他们的专利化肥和农药!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 全球品牌!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!哇!!!!!!!!!!!!!

环保局必须禁止他们这些破烂玩意儿!!!!!这是很礼貌的说法了!!!

Wow!!!  

It sounds like a DRUG CARTEL!!!!!  

Control and distribute the drug regardless of harm.  

It is a CRIME what they are doing to food, the environment, and PEOPLE'S HEALTH!!!!!  

"Better Living through Chemistry"......NOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!  

It is the chemicals that are causing the toxicity. It is toxicity that is harmful. The plants absorb that and then you eat it!!!!!  

Oh, Great!!! Now I have to buy a FOOD FILTER!!!!!!  

And the Hell of it is that you can probably NOT get away from these genetically modified products from these Seed Syndicate companies here in the USA!!!!!  

I thought the whole idea behind GMO was to make the plant LESS dependant on fertilizer and pesticides, by making it stronger and more resistant in the first place!!!!!!!!   

And yet they give more and more F & P's with their GMO SEEDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  

Does not make sense that they are strengthening the food, but at ACTUALLY WEAKENING IT!!!!!!!!! Making it more dependent on F & P's.....THEIR PATENTED F & P's for THEIR PATENTED GMO SEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

GLOBAL BRANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

THE EPA NEEDS TO JUST BAN THEIR CRAP!!!!! And that is the polite word!!!  

4 Todd Thu,  08/05/2010  - 12:02am   

对不起,他娘的?

环保局的“保“字不是“保护”的意思吗?

他妈的谁在保护我们啊?

环保局多年来一直只保护大企业,而不是他们理应保护的人民大众

食品药品局、环保局、农业部都是骗子,因为他们只为公司利益服务,而不是公众利益。现在站起来发出自己的声音吧!让我们的政府为我们工作!毕竟,是我们支付他们的工资,不是吗?

Excuse me, but WTF?  

Isn't the "P" in in EPA supposed to stand for PROTECTION?  

Where the freakin' hell is our protection?  

The EPA is and has been for years protecting only big business instead of the the PUBLIC whom they were implemented to protect.  

FDA, EPA, USDA, are all a sham because they are solely serving corporate interests over the public interest. Stand up now and be heard ! Let's make our government work for us ! After all, we pay their salaries, don't we?  

5 Tosca Z Thu,  08/05/2010  - 4:48am   

为海地农民欢呼。不像美国大部分农民,他们很明显已经研究过了,知道转基因只是西方某些公司控制世界粮食供应的鬼把戏。

孟山都把他们有毒的“捐赠”谎说成是想帮助海地,太无耻了。孟山都靠剥削贫困人们并攫取控制权,太无耻了。

孟山都以及其他侵害我们多样性和自由选择权的跨国公司,太无耻了。我为你们的子孙感到羞愧,因为他们没有意识到他们微不足道的舒适生活是建立在几百万其他孩子们的苦难、贫穷和饥饿之上的。我为他们感到羞愧,直到有一天他们意识到他们的同胞被迫吞食有毒食品是因为你们的贪婪

政客们要不要做点什么阻止转基因食品?当然应该。 但他们大多数都有染指牟利大饼,就像他们染指医药大饼和军火大饼一样。别想在这些方面求助。

倒是我们要采取行动,投下有意义的选票,支持那些非转基因的工业和农场。倒是我们要为健康食品多付点钱,以便更多的农民和小商店通过给我们供货可以过上体面的生活

Bravo to those Haitian farmers. Unlike most of our farmers, they've obviously done their research, and know that GM food is just another way for certain Western companies to control the world food supply.  

Shame on Monsanto for pretending that their toxic 'donation' was intended to help Haiti. Shame on Monsanto of exploiting the hardship and poverty of others to grab control.  

Shame on you and the other multinationals who are eroding our diversity and free choice. I feel ashamed for your children and grandchildren who do not realise that their comfortable little lives are built on the misery, poverty and hunger of millions of other little children. I feel ashamed for them when one day they realise that their own countrymen are being fed toxic food because of your greed.  

Should politicians do anything to stop GM foods? Of course they should. But most of them probably have fingers in the profit-making pie, as they do in the big profitable pharmaceutical pie and the armaments pie. Don't look for help there.  

It's up to us to demand action, to put our votes where they count, to support GM free industries and farms. It's up to us to be willing to pay a little more for healthy food, so that more farmers and small grocers can make a decent living providing it for us.  

6 Anonymous Thu,  08/05/2010  - 2:46pm   

没错,到目前为止,海地方面形势大好,转基因种子似乎是他们最不用担心的。 

Right, things have worked so well for Haiti so far. GM seeds seem to be the least of their worries.  

7 Wheaton Thu,  08/05/2010  - 4:53pm   

呃,6楼这位,我确信这差不多是要害问题。海地的情况很糟糕,在苦难和动乱之中。孟山都这个魔鬼企图乘人之危牟利。为那些深陷重大灾难却勇于为保持尊严和传统生活抗争的农民们欢呼,更不用说阻止这些有毒作物的蔓延了。 

Uhh Anonymous 6 I do believe that was kinda the point. Conditions are terrible in Haiti and in the midst of the hardship and turmoil the evil that is Monsanto is trying to take advantage. Cheers to the farmers who even in the face of this trajedy are fighting to maintain their identity and traditional way of life. Not to mention keeping those toxic crops from spreading.  

nmcd72 7/21   

孟都山公司是所有人的敌人。  

Monsanto is everyone's enemy!  

ThomasW 7/21   

孟山都是夺命鬼,而他们却乐此不疲,恶心啊!!!!! 

Monsanto spells DEATH and their happy with that designation....sick!!!!!  

renee 7/21  

鉴于他们还要忍受如此巨大的困难,这需要多大的勇气啊。6个月后看了CNN报道他们的特别节目,什么都没变好。美国承诺的美钞依然无影无踪,医院关着门或者无人,他们一切照旧。Sean Penn值得夸奖,他在那里一呆就是几个月,提供救助,建起了一个医院,等等。孟山都真是无耻之尤!!!!贪得无厌!!!!!!!!  

what great courage given that they are still enduring such great diffaculty. watched the cnn special on them 6 mths later, nothings gotten better. the promised US $'s, still havent shown up, the hospitols are closing or empty. they are still in the exact place they were, kudo's to Sean Penn, who's there and has been for months, helping, setting up a hospital, etc. HUGE SHAME ON MOSANTO!!!! greed!!!!!!!!   

nmcd72 7/21   

是啊,我也喜欢Sean Penn和Oliver Stone对乌戈.查韦斯的评价。我们的洗脑媒体把查韦斯描绘成一个坏蛋,而实际上他是个好人,主流媒体都是谎言制造机。  

Yeah, I like what Sean Penn and Oliver Stone have said about Hugo Chavez as well. Our brainwashing media make Chavez out to be the bad guy, when really he is the good guy. Mainstream Media is a lying machine.  

D. 7/21   

海地的一些农民怎么会知道孟山都和他们被投毒的种子呢?老天,就在我们脚下的美国却有一半或者更多的人不知道 – 而你告诉他们,他们还不相信。 如果你要问我,这听起来象是异想天开。  

How would a bunch of Haitian farmers even know about Monsanto and their drugged up seeds? Hell, half or more of the people right here in American don't know it -- and when told, they don't believe it. This sounds more like wishful thinking if you ask me.  

nmcd72 7/21   

很多很多事情全世界都知道,就是美国人不知道。  

Americans don't know A LOT of things that the rest of the world knows.   

Gary C 7/20   

想想这个肮脏龌龊的刽子手孟山都吧!是让大化学公司、大银行、大医药公司、大石油公司、大政府和其他歪门邪道的大大们老老实实的时候了,或者让他们完蛋!他们都在毁灭这个伟大的国家。  

Take that you dirty rotten murderous Monsanto! it's time to put Big Chemical, Big Ag, Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Government and the rest of the crooked Bigs back in their place or Out-of-Business! they ALL are ruining this Great country.   

naturerocks 7/21   

真精彩啊!要是世界其他地方的人也这么做就好了

FANTASTIC! now IF ONLY PEOPLE IN THE REST OF THE WORLD WOULD DO THE SAME...  

brink of sanity 7/20   

为海地叫好,有人需要反思了。我很难想象 “截止2007年,孟山都仅在美国通过打官司就赚了2150万美元。” 而这是通过起诉那些拒绝使用它们致命种子的好农民得来的,这本身就是在犯罪!全美国都应该愤怒。不能指望政府保护人民了,他们正是让这一切发生的罪魁祸首!!!! 醒醒吧,该死的麻木的人们。  

Good for Haiti, someone needs to reflect some sense. This is difficult to wrap my head around "By 2007 Monsanto had already collected over $21.5 million in judgments in the U.S. alone." That was done by sueing good farmers who refuse to use their deadly seed. That itself SHOULD be criminal. All of USA should be outraged. The goverment can't be counted on to protect it's people, they are the ones that have allowed this in the first place!!!! WAKE THE F#*K UP PEOPLE.   

Cee 7/20   

啊,感觉好极了…人们生活贫困并不意味着就愚蠢!!!!兄弟们,干得好!!!我真希望看到更多的国家痛打孟山都这条恶狗。看看这个恶魔公司对美国农民的所作所为吧,他们的破烂种子被吹进了传统玉米地。他们就诬告这些农民侵犯了他们的版权!!!!而这些农民压根就没有在他们的土地的任何地方栽种过或者想要过那些邪恶的植物!这些玩意儿应该被取缔,世界范围的转基因种子都要被烧毁。一旦行动,也要把孟山都有实权的主管层烧掉。那些人纯粹是罪大恶极的魔鬼!  

Ahhhh, God that felt good...just because people live in poverty, doesn't mean they're stupid!!!! WAY TO GO FOLKS!!! I'd really like to see more nations bitchslap Monsanto. Just look at what this SATANIC company has tried to pull on farmers here in the U.S. where their rotten seeds have blown into traditional cornfields. They SUED those farmers for copyright infringement!!!! These people didn't plant or even want these evil plants anywhere near their property! These things SHOULD be outlaw and ALL GMO seeds worldwide BURNED. While we're at it, let's also burn Monsanto's leadership at the stake too. The people are just plain EVIL!  

E. 7/20   

干得好,海地!!!很高兴他们在孟山都压榨之前就自己站立起来了!!  

Way to go Haiti!!! Glad they are standing up for themselves before they're oppressed by Monsanto!!   

Gary C 7/20   

海地人比美国人聪明吗?加油,海地!!!  

are haitians smarter than american farmers? Go Haiti!!!  

NARDA 7/20   

这一大耳光把孟山都扇得好。加油,海地!!;)   

Big slap in the face for Monsanto. Go Haiti!! ;)  

Multiverse Dancer 7/19   

非常高兴他们站起来反抗孟都山!这篇文章让我笑逐颜开。:-)  

I'm glad they are standing up to Monsanto! This article brought a big smile to my face. :-)  

Anastasia Bodnar 06/07/2010 8:24AM   (孟山都枪手

对此局面,文中使用了不必要的危言耸听。背后的水还深着呢。希望你在“生物强化”杂志上核实海地的杂交玉米。  

This article uses alarmist language that seems unnecessary for the situation. There is more to the story than presented here. I hope you'll check out Hybrids in Haiti on Biofortified.  

Carol 06/07/2010 9:37AM   

要不是最近看了电影“食品公司”,我还以为孟山都是慈善家呢。这些农民很明智,就是不要让孟山都得逞。  

I would have thought Monsanto was being philanthropic had I not recently seen the film, "Food, Inc." These farmers are wise to not even get started with Monsanto.   

Kathleen 06/07/2010 12:15PM   (孟山都枪手

孟山都给海地农民捐赠蔬菜种子是为了有助于增加粮食生产并援助这个国家的复苏。我们捐赠种子的理由是什么呢?海地人民需要优良种子,因为种子越好,越有机会从同一块土地上获得更多的食物。   

关于孟山都的种子捐赠,上面的帖子有些不准确的信息,包括说福美双属于乙烯-二二硫代氨基甲酸(EBDCs)类的化学品。这是不正确的。当前的分类是(二甲基二硫代氨基甲酸)DMDC。来源:俄勒冈州立大学,1996

要进一步了解孟山都的种子捐赠并回答提出的许多问题,请浏览孟山都博客上的帖子。我们在自己的网站上对种子捐赠讨论得更多。谢谢!

Kathleen Manning

孟山都公司   

Monsanto donated vegetable seeds to farmers in Haiti, to help increase food production and aid the country during its recovery. The reason for us donating the seeds that we did? The Haitian people need good quality seed, because the better the seed, the better the chances for more food from the same land.  

The post above has some inaccurate information regarding Monsanto's seed donation, including information that Thiram belonged to the ethylene bisdithiocarbamates (EBDCs) class of chemicals. This is incorrect. The current classification is (dimethyl dithiocarbamate) DMDC. Source: Oregon State University, 1996.  

For more information on Monsanto's seed donation and to answer many of the questions asked, you can see the post on the Monsanto blog.  

We talk even more about the seed donation on our website   

Thank you,

Kathleen Manning

Monsanto Company   

Casey 06/08/2010 7:53AM   (孟山都枪手

我只有一个问题:海地有其它的途径获得6000袋(475吨)种子吗?我本来准备给海地捐赠,但既然他们不再需要我的钱,我现在不用捐赠了。谢谢!  

I just have one qusetion. do the Haitians have another source that will give them 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of seeds? I was donating to Haiti but I can stop now since they don't need my money anymore. Thanks!  

Bob 06/08/2010 12:46PM   

了不起啊!!!让巴蒂斯特先生干得好!!!告诉孟山都收起那些垃圾滚蛋!!它们毫不尊重大自然母亲,它们只尊重强大的美元+用他们的垃圾控制世界或者如先生您所说的“一场新的地震”。  

OUTSTANDING!!! WAY TO GO MR. JEAN-BAPTISTE!!! TELL MONSATO TO TAKE THEIR JUNK AND HEAD OUT!! THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR MOTHER NATURE, ONLY FOR MIGHTY DOLLAR + WORLD CONTROL WITH THEIR JUNK / OR AS YOU PUT IT SIR "A NEW EARTHQUAKE"  

Doc Mudd 06/08/2010 4:57PM   (孟山都枪手

马上还回我们运往海地所有的慷慨捐赠,以现金和实物。我们现在才明白犯了一个可怕的错误,我们是在援助一个曾经骄傲和繁荣的农民王国,在他们的精心打造的乌托邦式的生态系统里繁荣昌盛。

我们不知道我们错误的同情心会威胁到一个长达几个世纪的宏大遗产,高雅低调、纯天然繁荣的海地。 我们错误的判断够天真的。没有侮辱之意。还回赃物我们就扯平了。不必伤心难过。  

Promptly return to us all of the generous donations, in cash and in kind, we have shipped to Haiti. We now understand we have made a terrible mistake in offering assistance to an otherwise proud and thriving peasant royalty lanquishing in their exquisitely crafted utopian ecosystem.   

We had no idea our misplaced compassion would threaten a grand legacy, centuries old, of tastefully understated all-natural prosperity in Haiti. Our error in judgement was innocent enough. No insult was intended. Just return the loot and we will call it even. No hard feelings.  

EvoLife 06/09/2010 4:39PM   

我觉得道理很简单:  

1. 海地需要帮助以便从自然灾害中复苏。  

2. 海地需要为了未来重建一切。  

3. 拒绝孟山都的“捐赠”并不意味着海地不需要帮助,却意味着孟山都的“帮助”代价太高昂。 

4. 如果使用了孟山都提供的种子,海地未来的食品生产和生物多样性将或者可能受到无法挽回的损害。以明天为代价的今天的帮助并不是真正的“帮助”。  

如果美国向海地派遣陆军工程兵部队和海军工程营用纸板重建他们的城市,可以提供避难所,但能用多久呢,但将来的代价多大呢?这是一个有价值的捐赠吗?  

不是每一个礼物都值得收下。具体到孟山都的种子,海地农民在保护他们的未来和后代方面很小心谨慎,失去的捐赠会有损失,但长期的损失要会比他们现在的损失大。  

我们美国人难以认识到明天比今天重要。海地人对这个问题的认识比我们深刻得多。  

I think the point is quite simple:

1. Haiti needs help recovering from their natural disaster

2. Haiti needs to rebuild everything for their future

3. The rejection of Monsanto's "donation" does not mean Haiti needs no help, it means the "help" from Monsanto comes at too high a price

4. The future of the food production and biodiversity of Haiti will/may be irreparably compromised if the seed provided by Monsanto is utilized  

Help today at the cost of tomorrow is not exactly "Help".   

If we sent the Army Corps of Engineers and the Navy CB to Haiti to rebuild their city out of cardboard it would provide shelter, but for how long, and at what cost in the future? Would that be a valuable donation?  

Not every gift is worthy of receipt. In the case of the Monsanto seed, the Haitian farmers are careful and cautious about preserving their future and the future of their young at the expense of a donation that may cost them more in the long run than it cost them now.   

Americans (we) have a difficult time recognizing that tomorrow is more important than today. The Haitians have a much stronger grasp on that concept than we do.  

Jjdoublej 06/10/2010 7:35AM   (孟山都枪手

请注意孟山都捐赠的是杂交种子,而不是转基因。杂交种子在美国种植几十年了。由于不是转基因,任何种子都可以留下来年种植。它们不需要施用任何化学药品。相信这种废话的人真是荒唐。  

Please realize that the seeds Monsanto is donating are hybrid seeds, not GMO. Hybrid seeds have been planted in the US for several decades. As these seeds are not GMO, any seeds CAN be saved and planted the next year. They are NOT required to use any specific chemicals on them. People that buy in to this type of crap are ridiculous.  

Fytthefutr 06/10/2010 12:38PM   

Jjdoublej:即使它们只是杂交种子,大部分也是不育的。那么,你可以留下想要的所有种子,但如果有发芽,也很稀少。所以你来年还是得老老实实回去买更多的种子。大多数种子公司都知道这点,所以往往提供更多的杂交种子,结果你只能向他们买更多的种子,而你自己却留不了自己的种子。所以,你应该仔细看看你的那些言论,而不是说别人在说荒唐的废话,把你的头埋进沙子吧。  

jjdoublej Even if they are just hybrid seeds, most hybrids are sterile. So you could save all the seeds you want, but would get very few if any to germinate. So you would still be right back to buying more seeds next year. Most seed companies are aware of this, and tend to offer more hybrids, so that you have to buy more seeds from them, rather than being able to save your own. So maybe you should actually look into the claims that you are making instead of saying its ridiculous crap and burying your head in the sand.  

David C 06/10/2010 1:12PM   (孟山都枪手

孟山都可能做过一些坏事,但批评他们的人毫无道理地反对转基因。我记得有人批评他们制作的种子造成植株不育(也就是不繁殖不结出新的种子),也有人批评他们向世界基因库倾倒他们的转基因。对于这两点,只有随心所欲的不严肃反动白痴才会批评。  

monsanto may do things that are bad but their critics are mostly opposed to gmos for no sane reason. i remember them getting criticized for making seeds that make sterile plants (that won't reproduce and make new seeds) and they get criticized for their gmos dumping their genetics into the global gene pool. you can't criticize them for both without flagging yourself as a capriciously unserious reactionary idiot.  

Anna 06/13/2010 6:40PM   

致David C:   

让我给你澄清一下。  

1.“我记得有人批评他们制作的种子造成植株不育” – 植株不育的意思是你不能使有些植株结出种子, 你不能留种子,来年就不能让种子繁育成新的作物。相反,你得回头去找孟山都,来年要花更多的美钞。  

2. “也有人批评他们向世界基因库倾倒他们的转基因” – 由于玉米类作物是风媒授粉,转基因作物就可自由地与其他非转基因作物混杂,这意味着作物的整体基因种类萎缩,逐渐地,更多作物被转基因花粉授粉。更多的同类作物(在基因层面上)意味着这些更大的可能性:更宽广的病害传播途径、缺乏抗病力、甚至有可能降低营养价值。由于异花授粉,转基因植物的种植使其他农民难以保护他们同种作物的正宗品种 (众所周知,孟山都此时就起诉非转基因农户,因为他们的作物没有被认为是孟山都作物)。  

如果你不明白这些道理,那你就应该深思到底谁才是真正的白痴。  

@ David C.

Let me clarify for you:

1. "i remember them getting criticized for making seeds that make sterile plants" - sterile plants means you can't let some plants go to seed, save them, and generate a new crop from those seeds the next year. Instead, you have to head back to Monsanto and spend more $ next year.   

2. "they get criticized for their gmos dumping their genetics into the global gene pool" - GMOs freely mixing with other non-GMO plants thank to air pollinating crops such as corn means the overall variety of crop genetics becomes dwindled and gradually more crops become fertilized w. GMO pollen. More of the same type of plant (on a genetic level) means higher likelihood of broad disease spread, lack of disease resistance, and possibly even a reduction in nutritional value. GMO cropping makes it difficult for other farmers to protect the heirloom varieties of the same crop thanks to cross-pollination (at which point Monsanto has been known to sue the non-GMO farmer because their crop could not be considered Monstanto crop).   

If that doesn't make sense to you, you should think deeply about who the real idiot in this situation is.  

Jonnyutaw 06/13/2010 11:02PM   

我在海地海军干过两个月。海地曾经是肥沃丰产的国家。海地没有农业问题。它现在和过去只有政府和阶层的问题。他们不需要孟山都的种子。他们需要诸如建筑法规、道路、基础设施和大众教育。  

孟山都企图把脚插进那里的农业大门,幸好一些海地人很聪明,迎面把门给关上了。  

I've spent 2 months in Haiti working for the Navy. Haiti was once a very fertile and productive country. Haiti does not have an agriculture problem. It has/had a government and social class problem. They don't need seeds from monsanto. They need things like building codes, roads, infrastructure and public education.

Monsanto is only trying to get their foot in the door on the agriculture market. Luckily there are a few Haitians that are smart enough to close the door in their face.   

Raymond Peringer 06/14/2010 4:03PM   

那些支持孟山都“慷慨”的言论很虚假,我怀疑他们无私地支持这个公司的动机。我也很偏激。我看过“孟山都恐怖的收获。” 谷歌一下吧,你就会知道为什么了。  

The comments of those supporting Monsanto's "generosity" do not ring true, leaving me with the suspicion they have more than altruistic motives for supporting this business. I too am biased. I have read "Monsanto's Harvest of Fear." Google it, and you'll learn why.  

Doc Mudd 06/14/2010 6:35PM   (孟山都枪手

办公室农学家和其他形形色色的进步仇恨者是不会让人道主义努力逍遥法外的。  

Let no humanitarian effort go unpunished by armchair agronomists and other versatile haters of progress.  

Mom 06/22/2010 11:18AM   

致孟山都Kathleen:   

孟山都是不是还在起诉那些作物被使用孟山都种子农场作物授粉的农民、迫使这些小农们失业啊

我也想知道印度那些以自杀方式逃避做孟山都债奴农民的更多情况。  

谢谢。  

一个担忧的妈妈妈

To Kathleen at Monsanto,  

Is Monsanto still in the practice of suing farmers whose crops have been pollinated by crops on other farms that have used Monsanto seeds, and putting those small farmers out of business?   

I'd also like to know more about the farmers in India that are committing suicide as the only way to escape being debt-slaves to Monsanto.   

Thank you,  

A Concerned Mom  

Jig 07/13/2010 11:50PM   

孟都山:这个星球上最大的祸害之一,千真万确。   

Monsanto: one of the largest destructive forces on the planet.

The truth of the matter.  

Sheila 07/19/2010 12:30AM   

美国捐赠并期待农民们表示感激,这是美国的一贯做派。他们竟敢说不要美国的种子?难道他们不知道美国统治着世界吗?  

How typical of America to donate and expect the peasants to be grateful. How dare they say they don't want the seeds? Don't they know that America rules the world?  

Celione 07/20/2010 9:32AM   

孟都山不是美国!听着!我完全反对孟山都的胡作非为。咱们不要想着省事。孟山都肯定有一些隐藏“不深”的动机!但是请不要把整个国家等同于一个公司。  

Monsanto is not America! Come on! and I am really against Monsanto practices. Let's not take shortcuts. Monsanto has some "not-so" hidden motives for sure! But please do not equates a whole country with one company!  

Zimb 09/22/2010 10:52PM   

Doc Mudd,我明显感觉到你是一个受雇的枪手,目的就是要掩盖真相。  

孟山都的本质特性以及有案可稽的违法和暴虐行为都揭示出这样一个阴谋:他们优先考虑的是利润,而不是健康、安全和市场的独立性。  

我说“如果我说得不够清楚”的时候,请允许我装傻。我操孟山都那些麻木不仁的乌龟们的娘。如果用一种灾难性的方式去掠夺一个未来的市场可以被定义为“慈善”,那么我宁愿不要孟山都这样的施主,我宁愿挨饿  

Doc Mudd I get the distinct impression you are a hired goon intent on not seeing the truth of the matter.  

Monsanto's general nature, and record of illegal and abusive activity evinces a scheme where profit is prioritized over health, safety, and market independence.  

Allow me to play the fool when I say, if I haven't said it clearly enough, fuck the monopolistic uncaring cunts at Monsanto. If using a tragedy as a method to secure a future market is defined as "charity" then I rather not have Monsanto as my benefactor. I would just as soon starve.   

Woody 09/29/2010 9:42PM   

Doc Mudd, 如果你一直看书的话,用好像仅仅作为“办公室农学家”来评论这篇文章是不够的。我就是农学家,碰巧在第三世界花了很多时间。我可以告诉你开放授粉(正宗)种子的优势种子是真实的。海地人明智地拒绝这些所谓礼物的原因有很多,但至少不是因为孟山都可怕的跟踪记录。转基因种子和杂交种子总是对开发者有利,一直这样!杂交种子在某些农场会产生优势,但不是在发展中国家或者不稳定国家  

Doc Mudd,

If you have been reading, there appears to be more than just "armchair agronomists" commenting on this article. I happen to be an agronomist that spends much of my time in the third world, and I can tell you that the advantages of open pollinated (heirloom) seeds are real. There are many reasons why the Haitians are wise to reject this so called gift, the least of which is not Monsanto's horrible track record. Gm and hybrid seeds are always going to favor the producer,always! Hybrid seeds have their advantages in certain farm production, but not in developing or unstable countries.   

Billie 10/01/2010 4:39PM   

(译者注:是的,海地可以种植这些种子产出粮食,但代价是什么?!一旦种子打入了他们的农业,孟都山就主宰了这个岛国。海地人可不像美国人那么傻。他们明白孟山都强加给美国农民的专利会毁掉他们。)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6a412c290100m8pq.html

左派公众提请公诉茅于轼辛子陵诽谤毛泽东专辑
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144272.html
方舟子妻刘菊花论文抄袭丑闻专辑(持续更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144278.html
方舟子造假、抄袭、剽窃铁案专辑(持续更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144298.html
美国导演方舟子团伙毁华三大战役(持续更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144301.html
抵制转基因、揭露祸国贼博文专辑(持续更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201010191026403.html
被新浪博客删除博客中国收留博文(持续更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201011021035431.html
编剧赵华:博文网刊《绝顶阅世》第一至九期
http://www.blogchina.com/201103271111388.html

【拒吃大豆油,抵制转基因,不当小白鼠】
【反转基因大本营:
http://www.wyzxsx.com/
【转基因专题网站:
http://www.zhuanjy.com/
【简明资料:什么是转基因食品?】转基因,就是把A生物比如昆虫、动物、细菌的一部分基因,转移到B生物比如蔬菜、水果、粮食中去,改变B生物的自然特性,达到人的要求。例如,科学家将北极鱼体内某个有防冻作用的基因抽出来植入西红柿里,制造出耐寒西红柿,就是一种“转基因食品”。例如,把细菌中的有毒基因植入水稻中,水稻就能产生抗虫毒素,杀死水稻害虫。对人有剧毒的转基因食品三大危害:一代致病,二代致傻,三代绝育。
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_67928ef80100jk9g.html

ArticleContent.innerHTML = ArticleContent.innerHTML.replace(/alt=((['""])[^'""]*2|S+)(?=[^>]*>)/ig,""); ArticleContent.innerHTML = ArticleContent.innerHTML.replace(/title=((['""])[^'""]*2|S+)(?=[^>]*>)/ig,""); var hwk="("; var hw=""; var keywords="美国网民,海地,孟山都,转基因"; var keys=keywords.split(","); var keylength=keys.length; var keywordscode="关键字 "; if(keys!=""){ for(var ks=0;ks"+keys[ks]+" "; } var regex = new RegExp(hwk,"gi"); ArticleContent.innerHTML = ArticleContent.innerHTML.replace(regex,hw); document.write(keywordscode); } 关键字 美国网民 海地 孟山都 转基因
声明:文章仅代表作者个人观点,不代表本站观点 ----- 乌有之乡 http://www.wyzxsx.com
分享到:
var jiathis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};

乌有之乡新浪微博地址:http://weibo.com/wyzxwyzx
手机便捷浏览乌有之乡:http://wap.wyzxsx.com http://3g.wyzxsx.com

文章录入:zhaohua021 责任编辑:利永贞
【复制本文】 【下载本文】我要评论】【加入收藏】【打印此文】【关闭窗口
相关文章
[文艺新生]讨金龙鱼檄! [网友时评]道德的血液析!
[网友时评]损害“商业利益”还是保护“商业利益”? [网友时评]袁隆平:孟山都在中国的对手及其策略
[网友时评]最新证据证明:吃了转基因,人绝对被转基因… [合作之路]小农农业面临挑战
[网友时评]海地的“民主总统”证明了什么?“藿香正气… [时代观察]N个转基因玉米被叫停,哪个部门来做总结试验…
0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2010: 岩石:毛泽东诗词是创作还是抄袭? 转
2010: 逻辑: 毛泽东继续革命理论荒谬的根源