分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
ZT:What would Jesus drive?
送交者: 闻神羊 2002年06月03日20:54:04 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话

Have Fun.
==========================
Subject: FW:What would Jesus drive?

Got this from a friend of mine at Boeing. He got it from a Boeing car enthusiast news letter.

Enjoy - Jon

WWJD

Most people assume WWJD is the acronym for "What would Jesus do?" But the initials really might stand for "What would Jesus drive?"

One theory is that Jesus would tool around in an old Plymouth because the Bible says, "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury." But in Psalm 83, the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to "pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm."

Possibly God favors Dodge pickup trucks because Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain "until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast." But then some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, "For I did not speak of my own Accord..."

Meanwhile, Moses rode a British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that "the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills." Joshua no doubt drove a Triumph with an aftermarket slip-on muffler

because: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land."

And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car-pooled in, you got it, a Honda: "The Apostles were ..... in one Accord."

Credits:

Ken & LarKen Buchanan

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖