设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
Excellent question: Why we go to church?
送交者: gems 2006年12月21日08:17:05 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话

We go to Church because
A.To Meet successful people, hang out with the winner (Joel Osteen)
B.To learn something about Bible or Theology
C.To hang out with losers like you and ask for God’s Help

As Catholic, we choose C. We go to Church to tell God that

Yes, we mess up in life. Yes, I am guilty as charged, Yes, My life is broken up
You are the God. You are the one control my future. You are the one can really change me.
Oh, God. You are the God, I am not. Whatever you want, you servant is ready (or trying to).. Your will, not mine.

That’s the reason going to Church is so anti-culture. If you turn on the TV, read newspapers, the msg is always that it's all about “YOU”. You are good. You deserve it. You make your decision. You control your life. But going to Church means “No! It’s not about me! It’s not about the loser standing beside me! It’s about HIM! No, I am no good. I don’t deserve it. No. I don’t have control over my life. My Lord has!”

But why I have to leave my busy life, go to a building, stand beside a loser who I really don’t care about? (To be honest, this was my question for years)
We go to Church not because the book told us to. We go to a special place because we need to leave our busy personal life. Go to a special place so that I can think about “How good God is to me” “How much guilty I am” We worship with strangers because we need to make a public announcement “I am bad! I need you, Lord”

So my answer to u is:
Of course, you gonna find sinners (bad people) in church. What do you expect? Yes, Christians sin big time (have you read Church History?) That’s exactly what Church are for.

For 2000 years, we Catholic begin every Mass by confess our sins and pray:
“God have Mercy, Christ have Mercy”

SO
For A. To Meet successful people, hang out with the winner (Joel Osteen)
go to a social club or rich man’s country club
For B: To learn something about Bible or Theology
Go to a school, they have better teachers
For C. To hang out with losers like you and ask for God’s Help
Holy Church is the place to go.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制