April 22, 2014

Secretary

Apple Inc.

1 InfiniteLoop, MS: 301-4GC

Cupertino,California95014

shareholderproposal@apple.com

Re: Shareholder Proposal on Public Policy Committee

Dear Secretary:

Enclosed please find my shareholder proposal for inclusion in our proxy materials for the 2015 annual meeting of shareholders and Scottrade letter of my shares ownership.  I will continuously hold these shares until the 2015 annual meeting of shareholders.

Should you have any questions, please contact me at 1-925-643-5034 (phone/fax) or zhao.cpri@gmail.com.

Yours truly,

Jing Zhao

Enclosure: Shareholder proposal

Scottrade letter of Jing Zhao’s shares ownership

Shareholder Proposal on Establishing a Public Policy Committee

Resolved: shareholders recommend that Apple Inc. (the Company) establish a Public Policy Committee to assist the Board of Directors in overseeing the Company's policies and practice that relate to public issues including human rights, corporate social responsibility, supplier chain management, charitable giving, political activities and expenditures, government regulations, international relations, and others that may affect the Company's operations, performance, reputation, and shareholders’ value.

Supporting Statement

According to the Form 10-K (ending September 2013), the Company’s international net sales accounted for 61% of total net sales, and “substantially all of the Company’s hardware products are currently manufactured by outsourcing partners that are located primarily in Asia” (p.8); “The Company is subject to laws and regulations worldwide,” “The Company’s business is subject to the risks of international operations” (p.15); “The Company also could be significantly affected by other risks associated with international activities including… political instability” (p.16), especially, “The Company’s business may be impacted by political events, war” (p.18).  In the dynamic Asia-Pacific region the Company has $2,943 million assets in Great China (increased from $1,321 million in 2012), $2,932 million assets inJapan(increased from $1,698 million in 2012).  The total assets $6,798 in Asia-Pacific million are more than the assets in Americas ($5,653 million) and more than two times assets in Europe ($3,134 million) (p.76).  In addition, our Company has more long-lived assets inChina($7,403 million0 than in theU.S.($7,399 million) (p.77).   

However, the Company currently has three standing board committees: Nominating Committee, Compensation Committee, and Audit and Finance Committee, without a committee to legitimately and ethically deal with the increasingly complicated public issues, especially international affairs, affecting our business.  We shareholders encountered local union protestors every year at the front of annual meeting buildings.  The Company has been widely condemned for the failure in supplier chain management and censorship issues inChina.  The Japanese government has utilized the 1989 Tiananmen Tragedy to abandon its peace constitution (the cornerstone of Asia’s peace after WWII), towards rearmament, militarization and fascism to mislead the U.S. under the U.S.-Japan Security Treaties to crash with the rising power of a nationalistic China.  Although the Japanese government signed the G-7 Summit declaration in 1989 to protect Chinese students, I, as a graduate student inOsakaUniversityorganizing Chinese democratic and human rights activities inJapan, was persecuted because I refused to collaborate with the Japanese government to betray my fellow Chinese students.  Please refer to Japan’s second largest newspaper Asahi’s interviews with me on February 10, 1990, October 20, 1992 and June 8, 2009, and my article “The Betrayal of Democracy: Tiananmen's Shadow over Japan,” Historia Actual Online, 2004, Issue 4 Volume 2.

Partly to respond to my proposals, Microsoft established such a public policy committee in 2012.  With much more assets and business weight outside of theU.S.than Microsoft and other big companies, it is time for our Company to establish a Public Policy Committee.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2012: 古风解读中国的宏观经济投资规模是否过
2012: 我为卿狂 -- 钱姑娘那点风花雪月的往事