设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:大川
万维读者网 > 加国移民 > 帖子
why we choose canada?
送交者: chooseca 2005年12月28日14:01:37 于 [加国移民] 发送悄悄话

Donna's story - 3rd Generation Canadian

My grandparents immigrated from Britain, Ireland and Wales. They all wanted a fresh start, a new country to build a new life in.
I have always taken Canada for granted, enjoying all of the gifts Canada has to offer, and never thinking about those who come here from other countries who have never had what I have. My life has been wonderful, with an opportunity to achieve my dreams, to be an entrepreneur, a successful business woman, a mentor, and a speaker; to have healthy children and grandchildren and to know that Canada is a safe environment for my entire network of friends, family and associates.
I choose Canada, because we are free to choose – our religion, our beliefs, our lifestyle. Canada is a country that welcomes new cultures, embraces the similarities and finds ways to blend and meld the differences. We are a unique country – young, enthusiastic and proud. We don’t often sing our own praises, but we can – in many dialects, and with many different voices. I am proud of my country and I Choose Canada!
Debbie's story - 4th generation Canadian

I have lived in Canada all my life. During this time, I have had the opportunity to travel to many parts of the world. I embark on these trips to learn about new cultures, often new languages, meet new people, explore new landscapes and gain a greater understanding of the history of that country. To me, this is a fascinating way to appreciate the vastness of the world that we live in.
I have always said that, "the best part of being away, is coming home". Coming home to Canada. The more I travel, the more I appreciate the freedom that Canada offers. We have the freedom to travel abroad and be warmly welcomed as a "friendly Canadian". We have the freedom to grow personally and professionally without restrictions. There is the freedom to experience the various cultures, religions and backgrounds of the people who live in our country. I believe that this valuable freedom builds an underlying respect for each other, enabling us to live peacefully. This freedom can easily be taken for granted, as I have experienced that not all countries offer their residents the similar freedom that I enjoy by living in Canada. I am proud to be Canadian and to have chosen to live in Canada.
Nina's Story - Born in India - came to Canada from Kuwait, now a Canadian

I first visited Canada in the summer of 1985. I loved the country so much, I returned for a visit few years later. I decided to apply for immigration and finally made the move from Kuwait to Canada in 1999 with suitcases and big dreams. My dream was to be successful in my career and to have a better life in Canada. I've met a lot of wonderful people who have become my friends for life! There are so many cultures here that we are like one world, yet we are all united by a common bond of being Canadian. I feel safe and free here. Since moving here, my life has gone through a 360 degree turnaround and I'm a whole new person. I'm doing what I love and enjoying every moment of it.
Bob’s story – Canadian

Canada is safe and it’s clean. The Canadian government, and the fellow residents of this country, are, for the most part, strong supporters of the free enterprise system that is the foundation of this country. Because of this, I am allowed to freely express my own views.
I work in a business where freedom of speech and interactive exchange of ideas in encouraged. I consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I do for a living because the values of our country support it. Believe it or not, there are many broadcasters throughout the world who do not enjoy these same freedoms.
And after work, I am happy in knowing that I can go home to a clean, safe neighbourhood with an exceptional school system and where everything my family needs is nearby.
Bob is a radio host on Hometown Drive Home, am900 CHML Radio,
Hamilton, Ontario.
Vincenza’s story - 1st Generation Canadian. Parents came to Canada from Italy

Canada is my country of choice. One can say that the decision was made for me before I was born, but, I argue that I have consciously chosen to be Canadian. My parents both immigrated to Canada from different regions of Italy, met, married and raised a family in Sault Ste. Marie. As “Canadian” as I am, there has always been a strong Italian undercurrent which I have successfully reconciled. Striking a balance between the two cultures has been a constant exercise in patience, persistence and determination. Securing dual citizenship has symbolically linked the two cultures to my identity, yet, when I travel, it’s always under the Canadian passport. I have been fortunate to have the freedom to pursue higher education and to have a career that has taken me to places in the world, that have reaffirmed my appreciation for the “Canadian way of life”.
Shiri's story - came to Canada from Israel

Growing up in Tel-Aviv, Israel, I was surrounded by the charm of the Mediterranean sea, by coffee shops that are open 24 hours a day, and by warm and helping people. I was also accustomed to heat waves that reached 40 degrees, the necessity to be somewhat assertive if you wanted to reach any where, and of course – the perpetual threat to the safety of the people, which resulted in endless marathon to ‘seize the day.’ In 1991, right after the Gulf War, my parent decided to treat our exhausted family which included myself (then16) and my two younger brothers to a trip abroad to the US and Canada. We had my father’s sister who lived in Toronto since 1989 and offered us her home for the visit.
We first arrived in Banff, and were captivated by the magnificent breath-taking serenity of the Rocky Mountains and Lake Louise. From there, we came to Toronto, where large, wide roads and polite(er) drivers welcomed us. We enjoyed our month long stay and upon returning to Israel, it seemed that we could not let go of the memories… My parents proceeded to apply for the legality of arriving to live in Canada and it took three years for the procedure to complete.
In 1994, with me still serving in the Israeli Army, my family immigrated to Canada. I joined them a few months later with strong longing for that country which magically palpitated itself into my heart: CANADA. Where I finally met first hand with mother-nature. Where I learned about patience, about grace, about appreciating the small miracles of daily living: such as driving on the #401 merely an hour away from my home and looking at cows, horses, and even deer; having cheerful squirrels visiting my yard, stepping onto a shopping mall, a bus, the subway, with the given understanding that I am safe; of having the opportunity to pursue my dreams, my education, and finding my own self within the boundaries of impossibility.
Yvonne's Story - First Nations Canadian, Namgis and Peguis Nation Ancestry

From Beginning of Time and Through the Changes!!! I belong to Canada.
The reason for this is that I am a First Nations Woman known as Life-Giver and Caretaker to my children, family and community. I can trace my ancestry to beginning of time to this great land through the legends of my family. Despite the challenges, we have managed to continue to hold the treasures of our culture close to our heart and pass them on to our children. We call ourselves Canadian proudly as we share our stories of how our ancestors help shape the lands of today in unity with many nations.
The First Nation has survived the misunderstandings, trials and tribulations of the time. The methods of the ancestors of the process may not have been honorable. It may have caused conflict with the First Nations meanings to all of those who are, the teachings are to respect and take care of each other and the land. However we have witnessed though time the growing pains of this Country and when the time has been right and the opportunity presents itself Canada has made the wrongs right. It is a slow process and we continue to work in that direction today. It is these teachings that have made Canada Strive for the success that it is today.
From first contact we have role modelled the "Canadian Attitude" of being a welcoming country. It is evident by how we live in harmony and unity. We have also witnessed the many successes of this. There is freedom for all ethnic groups to celebrate who they are. We as Canadian have undergone many changes to understand each other and to respect the differences and honor them, such as the Treaty Settlement of the Nisga People and the ability for "Two Spirited" relationships to share their lives together in marriage. These changes have let the Canadian People and People of the World know that we do not pass judgment on their beliefs.
We hold our head high and let our spirits lead the way for the better of all and continue to welcome change for the good and that is what makes me proud to live in Canada and to be called a First Nations Canadian.
"I am Canadian"
Gerard's story - came from India, now a Canadian

I came to Canada from Bombay, India. After arriving in Canada, I fell in love with the place; I love the diversity and the respect that most of the people show towards each others culture, religion and beliefs. I feel at home here, as I felt accepted right away. I have dreams to achieve certain things in life and I feel Canada gives me the opportunity to go as far as I can, to achieve these dreams.

I have been treated fairly in every respect of life in this country and never felt discriminated. I currently have a great job and intend to do well ahead. I love Canada and am very patriotic towards it. I would like to be a ambassador of Canada's message of peace and tolerance in this world. I am proud to be a part of this great, naturally beautiful and progressive country.......'Oh Canada I will stand on guard for thee'.
Barbara's story - came from Germany, now a Canadian

I came to Canada with my parents and sister in 1952 when I was 8 years old and it was still much harder to get into Canada. The first choice to come to Canada was my father's since he heard that Canada was the land of the "free". The second choice, was my very own. As an adult with dual citizenship, I had the choice of going back to live in Germany or remain in Canada.
I chose Canada because of the wonderful and helpful Canadians I had met along my life's journey so far. They were extremely nice and kind and tolerant of my language difficulties when first coming from Germany and helped me learn to speak and read English very quickly. Many of the Canadians were warm and kind-hearted and often invited me to have dinner in their homes because I was friends with their children and they wanted to get to know the German culture better as I wanted to know the Canadian culture better also.
When I married and had my children, we saw Canada from Vancouver to P.E.I. and marvelled at the great vastness and beauty of this magnificent country. We were all in 'awe' of the diversity of people who got along so beautifully and who not only accepted but embraced the "differences" of their neighbours. It was wonderful to see!
Canada is also the country where I was "free" to choose my own path and to pursue my dreams of becoming an educational writer and publisher of my own educational publishing house called Clarke House. The "entrepreneurial" dream is alive and well and you are free to make your dreams come true. Not only are Canadians helpful but they are well-mannered and courteous to other people worldwide. What a great reputation, we Canadians have on the global market!
Canada is the country of my choice. It's a decision I have never regretted!
Jacqueline’s story – came to Canada from the Caribbean

I came to Canada when I was 13 years old. It was very cold when I came here from the Caribbean, but I adjusted and learned about the vast land of Canada. As an afro-Canadian, I have never heard white Canadians talk about the contributions that the black Canadians made to this great land!
I have met some really wonderful white Canadians both here and in my homeland and they don’t reflect any of the selfish values that most of their country men-women hold. Jo Jo Chinto from City-TV did a series during the black history month of 2003, and I found that lots of black children in the school system lose interests in the education here in Canada, simply because their heritage is not a part of the curriculum. I understand that you’re a businesswoman so you can realize how important it is to market your whole idea. You can understand how important it is not to leave out anything or anyone.
Canada is a beautiful landscape, with great cultures and wonderful people when you come across them. But we must start speaking the truth about systemic issues and really make this wonderful land and cultures, truly inclusive and let all young Canadians know that they are all important and everyone’s cultural contribution is documented and appreciated.
I can share horror stories with you, but I am a tough cookie and I believe in pushing ahead irrespective of what other norms are. I would like some ideas from you as a Businesswoman, I am strongly thinking of going into a home based business for myself, so if you could spare the time to share some ideas as to what is out there and do’s and don’ts of getting started, I would greatly appreciate your feed back.
John’s story – Canadian

A belated Canada Day! Fifty-five years ago I arrived as a two-year-old (with parents in tow) at Pier 21 in Halifax, one of the hundreds of thousands of children who landed in this country because our parents thought Canada would be a good place in which to raise their children. And every Canada Day I give thanks to this country, and to my parents for the vast wisdom of their choice.
Alice’s story – came to Canada from Iraq (interviewed by Donna Messer)

Alice works at my local gas station, and she is from Iraq. We have exchanged hellos countless times as I pay for my gas and hurry onto my merry way. I have often wondered what her story is. On the day that I launched We Choose Canada, I specifically made a visit to Alice to ask her about making the choice to live in Canada. This is what she told me:
Alice has been in Canada for the past 17 years. Her family is scattered around the world; in the USA, Sweden, Britain and Canada. She loves our country, I asked her if she was celebrating Canada Day and she said “of course!” Why? Because Canada is a wonderful place to work and live. Alice said she lost 5 cousins, all under 24 in the war in Iraq – according to Alice, peace and prosperity are what Canada is all about.
Ann’s story – first generation Canadian, parents arrived in Canada from Denmark

There are so many reasons why I "Choose Canada" that it's difficult to know where to start.
First of all, being a woman in a free country is something we take for granted. I cannot imagine living in a country where I don't have equal rights. I don't regard myself as a feminist, but I do feel that we should have equal opportunities to pursue our dreams.
Being able to have my own small business is so rewarding. I work with clients in the GTA and they come from many different backgrounds, including Christians, Jews, Hindus and atheists just to name a few and they come from countries world-wide. It's so rewarding working with such a diverse people - we know all too well that this opportunity isn't available in all parts of the world.
Canada has also allowed my children the opportunity of obtaining an excellent education. Although I feel our governments should do more to make post-secondary education more accessible, it is a blessing that the opportunities are there.
I feel the way that Canada embraces even our most vulnerable citizens is quite unique. My adult brother John, has Downs Syndrome and lives a very full life. He was one of the first youngsters in Canada to attend a 'regular' school over 30 years ago, which opened up opportunities that we never dreamed possible. He now works in a sheltered workshop filled with other 'special' people and caring workers. And to think my parents had the option of having him institutionalized when he was born..... Let's face it, these opportunities are not given to these special people in all parts of the world.
Life is so good here in Canada - we should really appreciate all that we have......

Janice’s story – Canadian

As the daughter of a retired Canadian Armed Forces Sergeant, I grew up traveling the world as he was transferred and as his duties called for him to be in various locations. At one point, we lived on the CAF base in Germany. All residents of the base were Canadians and it felt like home. But, as soon as we walked through small towns, I can recall being looked at as if we just didn’t belong.
After a few years in Germany, we returned to Canada and lived in various provinces, finally ending up on Ontario where we took up roots.
I just can’t imagine living anywhere but Canada. The maple leaf is a symbol that I am proud to display and I am proud to say that “I am Canadian”. In my business I deal with many people throughout the world and I make it known that I am based in Canada and wouldn’t have it any other way.
Canadians are friendly people. Canadians are good people. And Canada is a place that many others flock to as they know that it is a free country with an abundance of opportunities. There is so much to do and see in Canada!
Born and raised in Canada, it is hard to show how proud I feel to be Canadian. It is just a given! I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else!
Bozena’s story – came to Canada from Poland

When I left Poland I really wanted to go to Australia or New Zealand. Political problems, and the change in the Polish system contributed to my decision to leave my home in Poland. Canada was my last choice of places to go. At that time, Canada accepted emigrants I had friends who sponsored us to Canada. At first, it was very hard adjustment (especially since I do not like winter) with various challenges along the way. It took me 5 to 6 years to really explore and appreciate the country’s real beauty. Now I am glad that Canada is my home and home for my children.
Micheline’s story – Canadian

I have had the privilege of having been born and raised in Canada and believe that we as Canadians are truly fortunate people.
We have a beautiful country and a wonderful diverse population that is unmatched worldwide. The freedom of opportunities that Canada affords to all people is core to this country being an incredibly diverse and cultural rich country.
Given current events and the death and destruction that is facing many nations world wide, we as Canadians should consider ourselves privileged to live in this Country.
My husband is a member of the Armed Forces and has been to Africa, Bosnia and will soon be departing for Afghanistan. In these countries “life is cheap” and men, woman and children are tortured and killed because of their origins and beliefs. Our soldiers will face grave danger as they enter into this new mission but it is not in vain for they represent the good in mankind and everything extraordinary about being Canadian.
Pavel’s story – came to Canada from the Czech Republic

I was born in the Czech Republic (formerly Czechoslovakia), graduated at Prague’s School of Economics in 1965 and, one year after the Prague Spring democracy was crashed, defected with my family to Denmark in 1969.
The option of going to Canada seemed too adventurous, yet staying in Europe, close to my homeland, did not seem to be safe enough. A group of Polish Jews that stayed in Copenhagen in the same hostel with us and that shared our destiny, planned on continuing their journey to other (safer) parts of the world, including Canada.
Czechs love hockey, and so I knew both Canadian hockey institutions – Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs; beside that we used to sing around the campfire a Czech song about Great Manitou and about the falls of Niagara roaring into the night. The Montreal Expo ’67, regardless the anti-western propaganda in Czechoslovakia of those years, had introduced the Czechs to modern, thriving Canada. Also, the Czech-born figure skaters – brother and sister Jelineks who won for Canada Olympic gold medal in 1960, still were fresh in our minds.
We decided that this is all what we needed to know about Canada, and so headed in four months for Toronto. Our family of three had immigration visas, seven dollars in total, booked room at the Ford hotel, some English and no job. Our university degrees were not recognized, the rate of unemployment was high, needless to say that Canada did not appear to us as a paradise. Yet, I completed my English as a second language program and believed that it can only get better. I actually found two jobs and also started to take night classes in my profession. Disregarding high unemployment threats, I have never been voluntarily unemployed, working for over 32 years. Canada allowed me both to seek and to find, often finding even more than I was seeking.
I was even free to find my worst employer InterTrade Avenue Inc.- the corporation that I founded in 2001, while still full-time employed. It has a single employee – me, and is forcing me to work even on Canada Day. Yet this is exactly what I love to do, and it is precisely what Canada allowed me to pursue – an opportunity to work, to retire, to start my own business, freedom of choice, access to information, networking with people from all of the world while only attending a local business function.
Canada is both the country and the world in one – its people and its nature. Succeeding in my own business depends solely on me – on my wisdom and ability to explore resources this country offers.
Sure, there are other beautiful landscapes, great cities, ancient monuments, beaches under the hot sun, many other attractions and many attractive places elsewhere, but these places are where I go to change the scenery, where I go for my vacations and – I love it.
Still, I feel fortunate and blessed that I can always come back home to Canada, the country that is my home. Do I have to say more? Perhaps only, that Canada is not my native land, but the land of my choice; the land of my choice 34 years ago and of my choice today.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖