November 9, 2022

Corporate Secretary

Amazon.com, Inc.

410 Terry Avenue North

Seattle, Washington 98109

via post mail & email

Re: Proposal to 2023 Stockholders Meeting

Dear Secretary:

Enclosed please find my stockholder proposal for inclusion in our company’s proxy materials for the 2023 annual meeting of stockholders and a letter confirming my shares.  I will continuously hold these shares through the 2023 annual meeting of stockholders. 

The SEC and many companies have had email accounts to receive shareholder proposals for many years. I would request that Amazon provide an email account to officially receive proposals from stockholders. 

I encourage Amazon to engage with shareholders on important public policy issues. I am available in person in San Francisco Bay Area to meet you and via teleconference between 9am – 5pm Monday-Friday at 925-643-**** or via zhao.cpri@gmail.com from today to December 15, 2022 and beyond.

Yours truly,

Jing Zhao

Enclosure: Stockholder proposal

Letter of shares

Stockholder Proposal on Establishing a Public Policy Committee

Resolved: stockholders recommend that the Board of Amazon.com, Inc. establish a Public Policy Committee. 

Supporting Statement

The board has established an Audit Committee, a Leadership Development and Compensation Committee, and a Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, each of which is comprised entirely of independent directors.

The name of Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee indicates that nomination, audit and compensation are not corporate governance issues. The Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee had total 4 meetings only, mainly reviewing and assessing nomination issues in 2021, without meaningful time to oversee public policy issues.

Amazon needs a Public Policy Committee to assist the Board to oversee public policy issues including human rights, corporate social responsibility, diversity, equity, inclusion, climate pledge, renewable energy, net-zero carbon shipment, vendor chain management, charitable giving, political activities and expenditures, governmental regulations, international relations, unionization and other public issues that affect Amazon 's operations, performance, public reputation, and shareholders’ value. Many public policy issues have been voted at our previous shareholders meetings, many more public policy issues will come because we don’t have a Public Policy Committee.

To respond to my proposals (which I withdrew), Microsoft established a Regulatory and Public Policy and Committee in 2012 besides a Governance and Nominating Committee. The Regulatory and Public Policy and Committee changes to an Environmental, Social, and Public Policy Committee.  Amazon needs a Public Policy Committee more than Microsoft and other big companies.

注:关于提案内容交流的12月15日为止的联系日期已过,还没有接到Amazon的回复,基本上意味着提案会被付诸2023年股东大会表决。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2021: 中共应怎么做才能得(德道)到创造智慧?