設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:
萬維讀者網 > 美國移民 > 帖子
F-1簽證和J-1簽證持有人的寬限期
送交者: Peter93 2016年01月18日09:25:52 於 [美國移民] 發送悄悄話

Staying in U.S. for Additional Time - Grace Periods for F-1 and J-1 Visa Holders

Question:

I am an J-1 Exchange Visitor. I will finish my research program within one month. What is the Grace Period do I have for me to stay in the United States for additional time?

Answer:

The misunderstanding for "grace period" is common. A common misconception is that a grace period will allow alien students or visiting scholars to remain in U.S. after their education or after the denial of their immigration petitions. But in most situations, the grace period is very limited after their education to stay in United States, or even there is no such legal grace period after denial of their immigration petitions.

By definition, the grace period in the context of visa or immigration is a continuation of valid nonimmigrant status in the United States. For most cases, the term of grace period is used to refer to the continuation of F-1 student or J-1 exchange visitor status after the completion of the F-1 or J-1 study/research in the United States. Therefore, the alien students or visiting scholars who are present in a proper grace period are considered to be in a lawful nonimmigrant status in U.S.

For an international student, a "grace period" of 60 days of valid F-1 student status is added upon the completion of the F-1 study or F-1 post-completion practical training (OPT). During the 60 days grace period, a F-1 student may change status, transfer to a different study program, or prepare for departure from the United States to their home countries. For J-1 exchange visitors, there are generally 30 days of "grace period", following the completion of their J-1 programs or research.

http://www.greencardfamily.com/question/question2016/F1_J1_Grace_Periods_011916.htm

http://www.greencardfamily.com/index.htm

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2013: 黎曼猜想是什麼 (附1)三人同行七十稀