设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:诤友
万维读者网 > 教育学术 > 帖子
我对博士老板的复杂心情
送交者: 少年匹夫 2006年08月15日14:20:38 于 [教育学术] 发送悄悄话

I agree that I am lucky to get a Ph.D and a position after I xxxxted a manuxxxx without his knowledge. After I confessed to him, we were working in the same direction for a fruitful tomorrow. But the Ph.D candidacy exam really pissed me off. It was my fourth year and I had put more time on the experiments than on the candidacy exam in the previous three years. When he insisted postponing my candidacy exam after the publication incident, what I thought most was when or whether he would let me to get a Ph.D. My struggle at that time seemed to lead into the wrong direction.

For my post-doc job applications, some interviewers told me that my Ph.D. advisor wrote me a good letter, and when I told these interviewers that I xxxxted a manuxxxx on my own, they were all shocked. However, some interviewers did either directly say or indicate that my Ph.D advisor gave me a not good reference or even no reference at all. My first post-doc advisor showed me one of my Ph.D's reference email, and from there I did know that he was trying to prevent me from getting a job.

I hope that my experience would not be repeated on some newcomers, because it is a common thing for a graduate student to send out manuxxxxs for publication together with the boss's name.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2005: 少年班是批发大白菜?
2005: 从赞助到学会:科学的制度化