A Letter to the Fields Medal
送交者: c_y_lo 2013年04月28日15:50:25 於 [教育學術] 發送悄悄話

An Open Letter to the Fields Medal

Professor Ludwig Faddev

Chairman of Fields Medal,

Steklov Institute of Mathematics

Russia

Dear Professor Faddeev: 

I am writing to you to call your attention to the misleading information in physics in the announcements of the 1982 and 1990 Fields Medals respectively to Professor Yau and Professor Witten. I feel obliged to tell you, as Chairman of Fields Medal, because this is related to the reputation of the Fields Medal.

For this, I have already written to Professor M. Atiyah. You will find the details in my letter to him and the attached paper of mine and the references therein. I shall appreciate very much if you would also comment on it.

Thank you very much for your kind attention. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

C. Y. Lo

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: Michael Atiyah
Cc: Sharon Holcombe ; "jaffe@mit.edu" ; "jif@mit.edu" ; Yum-Tong Siu ; S. T. Yau ; C. N. Yang
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 9:25:17 AM
Subject: On the positive energy theorm of Yau & Scheon

Prof. Michael Atiyah
The School of Mathematics
University of Edinburgh. UK

Dear Professor Atiyah:

A recent paper of mine is forwarded to you for your information. I feel that I am obliged to do so because it is related to the Fields medals of 1982 and 1990.

I would like to inform you that there are more ways to prove the positive energy theorm of Sheon and Yau. A new proof has shown that the proof of Scheon & Yau and the later proof of Witten are misleading in physics although they may be mathematically correct. Therefore, the Fields Medal should rectify the statements on the Fields medals to Yau in 1982 and Witten in 1990. 

My paper, "On Contributions of S. T. Yau in Mathematics and Physics Related to General Relativity - an example of misleading communication between mathematics and physics- " is attached herewith for your perusal. I shall appreciate any comments you may have. Thank you very much for your kind attention. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

C. Y. Lo

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖