簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
YMCA Camp─Stuck @ Home(基督教青年會營─第二天病休在家)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年04月04日08:26:46 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2014-07-30

Aiden in English

If you are sick, you can get away with it or stay home from school. Being home during the mid-summer is the worst, especially when it turns to the 2nd time after treatment. I have to go through an ordeal because of all the same fever yesterday.

The fever didn't sound too bad, however, just bad enough to make me not go to the summer camp. I really missed the sports at Lansdale Catholic High even though it's only been two days. But still no accompany and entertainment, but routine Chinese homework, the worst experience to spend the summer. Luckily, it's because of a fever, so staying at home hopefully isn't permanent.

Staying at home isn't truly intolerable. It's the fever that's torturing me. My skull was constantly throbbing, and I was always grumpy. Nothing cheered me up even when I beat my neighbors in horse, which rarely happened. That's the thing. Having a cold/flu/fever/high temperature never makes me happy because it just never LEAVES ME ALONE! One second my head feels fine, the next it's splitting open. Yet, I'm gradually getting better (by that, I mean slow-as-a-snail getting better). It looks as if I can finally see the end of this misery.

【紅霞譯文】

人固有一病,或帶病堅持上陣,或臥床深居簡出,最差的選擇莫過於仲夏之際不得不病休在家,而且連續兩天療效甚微,昨日發燒的熱度一直未減,我必須硬着頭皮打好這場無準備之仗。

乍聽起來發燒沒啥了不得,可糟就糟在我因此而無法參加夏令營。說心裡話,我非常想念蘭斯代爾天主教高中體育運動,儘管缺席不過兩天。沒有玩伴,沒有娛樂,唯有中文作業一如既往,這種暑假太過悽慘。好在禍根出自發燒,希望病休在家僅為權宜之計。

病休在家本身不賴,只不過發燒把我折騰得夠嗆,腦袋一厥一厥地疼不算,脾氣也跟着見長,幹什麼都無精打采,即使難得贏了鄰居定點投籃也高興不起來。實在無奈,曠日持久的感冒/流感/發熱/高燒纏身,叫我垂頭喪氣﹗剛才還好好的,過了一會兒腦袋瓜子好像快要裂開。然而,我的身體狀況確實慢慢地好轉起來(所謂慢慢地,猶如蝸牛爬行),相信否極泰來,一切苦楚終將結束。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2019: 同白兔網友關於科學哲學的對話
2019: 哲學教人怎麼做人。科學教人怎麼偷懶。