設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
川普發公告慶祝哥倫布日
送交者: 溪谷閒人 2017年10月10日06:04:23 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

當左派極端主義分子破壞發現美洲大陸的哥倫布雕像,甚至諸如紐約市長白思豪等政客也在考拆除他的雕像時,總統川普提醒美國人慶祝哥倫布日的原因。

公元1492年,即525年前,克里斯托弗.哥倫布跨越大西洋踏上美洲的土地。川普在10月6日發布的“哥倫布日”公告中說:“這個航行是一次令人難以置信且無與倫比的壯舉,幫助(人類)開啟探索與發現的紀元。”

由於哥倫布的發現,歐洲人來到美洲定居,川普在公告中說:“不可否認地,這是一個從根本上改變人類歷史進程,並且為我們偉大國家的發展奠定基礎的變革。”

在哥倫布發現美洲新大陸的日子,全球很多國家都有慶祝活動。在拉丁美洲,它被稱為是“Dia de la Hispanidad”;在西班牙,有全國性的嘉年華慶典;在伯利茲(Belize)和烏拉圭,有慶祝尊重文化多樣性的活動;在美國,則是“哥倫布日”。

10月9日,川普在宣布哥倫布日時表示:“在哥倫布日,我們對那些(航海)技術嫻熟的導航員以及信心十足的人表示敬意,他們的勇氣為我們發現了新大陸,並且激發了無以計數的其他人追求夢想和信念,即使在面對深度懷疑及巨大逆境時,也不輕言退縮。”

川普說,即使在五個世紀後的今天,“我們仍然記得《哥倫布傳》,是建立美國及歐洲堅固且持久關係的第一個鏈接”。

哥倫布來自意大利熱那亞市,西班牙的伊莎貝拉一世和費迪南德二世贊助他的探索航程。

川普說,這個假期“代表了意大利裔美國人對我們偉大國家豐富歷史的貢獻及重要意涵,毫無疑問地,如果美國社區沒有意大利裔,美國的文化、商業和公民生活,都將黯淡失色”。

川普也對意大利表示敬意,並藉此機會“重申與哥倫布祖國的密切聯繫”,說“意大利是促進和平、繁榮昌盛的強大盟友”。

為了紀念哥倫布的探險航行,美國國會於1934年4月30日通過一項聯合決議,並於1968年修改,確定哥倫布日。川普再次藉此機會宣布每年10月的第二個星期一為哥倫布日。

川普說:

身為美國總統,依據《憲法》及美國法律賦予我的職權力,在此宣布2017年10月9日為哥倫布日。”

我呼籲美國人民通過適當的儀式和活動來慶祝這一天。我還指示,在這個被指定的日子,所有公共建築物都應懸掛美國國旗,以紀念我們多樣化的歷史,和所有為形塑這個國家做出貢獻的人。”

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Five hundred and twenty-five years ago, Christopher Columbus completed an ambitious and daring voyage across the Atlantic Ocean to the Americas.  The voyage was a remarkable and then-unparalleled feat that helped launch the age of exploration and discovery.  The permanent arrival of Europeans to the Americas was a transformative event that undeniably and fundamentally changed the course of human history and set the stage for the development of our great Nation.  Therefore, on Columbus Day, we honor the skilled navigator and man of faith, whose courageous feat brought together continents and has inspired countless others to pursue their dreams and convictions -- even in the face of extreme doubt and tremendous adversity.

More than five centuries after his initial voyage, we remember the "Admiral of the Ocean Sea" for building the critical first link in the strong and enduring bond between the United States and Europe.  While Isabella I and Ferdinand II of Spain sponsored his historic voyage, Columbus was a native of the City of Genoa, in present day Italy, and represents the rich history of important Italian American contributions to our great Nation.  There can be no doubt that American culture, business, and civic life would all be much less vibrant in the absence of the Italian American community.  We also take this opportunity to reaffirm our close ties to Columbus's country of birth, Italy.  Italy is a strong ally and a valued partner in promoting peace and promoting prosperity around the world.  

In commemoration of Christopher Columbus's historic voyage, the Congress, by joint resolution of April 30, 1934, and modified in 1968 (36 U.S.C. 107), as amended, has requested the President proclaim the second Monday of October of each year as "Columbus Day."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim October 9, 2017, as Columbus Day.  I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.  I also direct that the flag of the United States be displayed on all public buildings on the appointed day in honor of our diverse history and all who have contributed to shaping this Nation.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this sixth day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independ.

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2016: ZT:梅花堅韌象徵誰?——國民黨的功與
2016: 美國人是蠻夷啊。川普作為國家主席,想