設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
Ninth-Grade Winter English Reading(高一寒假閱讀作業)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年07月07日05:54:59 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2017-12-22

【Aiden in English】

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that your child has been assigned some reading for the holiday break (12/25/2017-01/01/2018). I hesitate to give homework over a holiday, but I felt that it was necessary for us to stay on pace. Just to clarify the assignment, please note the following items.

Chapters 9 through 14 are due in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. This is about 40 pages of reading. The due date is Wednesday, January 3rd of 2018, so it is not due the day we return. That day, January 2nd, students will have most of the class to read, so they should be able to finish a chapter or so during class.  Also, I let the kids know about it on Wednesday, and we've had no homework the last two nights, so there's a good chance they've already begun.  

Given all this, I hope you'll agree that this is not an especially burdensome amount of work. Nevertheless, I'm sure some of you will hear some complaints, so I hope this information will help you talk them through it!

Thank you for your support and I hope you have a pleasant holiday.

Regards,  

Mr. English Teacher

【紅霞譯文】

大家好:

謹此告知家長有關令愛令郎寒假(2017/12/25聖誕節―2018/01/01元旦)少許閱讀作業的安排,其實為節日布置課外作業我猶豫不決,但畢竟為了保持進度,我還得針對作業問題,敬請各位注意如下事項。

英國作家查爾斯·狄更斯長篇小說《遠大前程》第九~十四章需要閱讀完畢,前後大約有四十頁,截至日期為二〇一八年元月三號星期三,並非是返校當天;元月二號上課那天,同學們大部分時間都用來閱讀,因此人人差不多可以完成個把章節。星期三課堂上,我也會跟學生講明這兩天沒有家庭作業,好讓他們趁機攻克閱讀。

談到這裡,我期待能得到各位家長的共識,這種安排尚不至於引起什麼負擔。不管怎樣,我敢保證難免有人怨聲載道,僅求你們心中有數,向孩子透徹解釋課業要求。

感謝大家支持,祝願節日愉快。

致禮!

英語老師

Today in History(歷史上的今天):

2013: Big-O-Points over the Indian Ocean(遊戲積分)

2012: Valparaiso—Jewel of the Pacific, Chile(智利瓦爾帕萊索港—太平洋明珠)

2010: 二年級螺旋教學法(Spiral Approach)

2017-08-25_PHL_Downtown-10001.JPG

Crosslink(相關博文):

6th Grade Argumentative─Homework(初一議論文─論家庭作業)

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2019: 如果小時候注射了水痘疫苗,讓人得水痘
2019: 重貼:笑死我了。我對一個新認識的同陣