设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:纳川
万维读者网 > 天下论坛 > 帖子
"Abigail" : A So-so Vampire Movie
送交者: renqiulan 2024年04月22日17:11:06 于 [天下论坛] 发送悄悄话

Picture a group of vampires terrified of blood, opting for tomato juice instead. They're also allergic to garlic, resulting in uncontrollable sneezing whenever near it. Imagine them attempting to blend into modern society, leading to uproarious mishaps as they navigate awkward social situations. Add slapstick comedy, eccentric side characters, and a plot twist where horror meets humor, thereby breathing new life into the vampire genre.

However, "Abigail" is none of the above. Instead, this latest vampire flick is another bloody mess that doesn't quite fit the bill. Nevertheless, it starts with an aesthetically pleasing scene featuring Abigail gracefully twirling to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake theme, just before being abducted for ransom. Before long, the abductors realize that it's they who are in deep trouble.

Overall, the movie doesn't promise much suspense. It didn't keep me on the edge of my seat anyway. I'd rather have a rerun of Roman Polanski's classic, "The Fearless Vampire Killers."

Author: renqiulan

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/UNY47ixW0tM?si=Md-bszZtJ4VYpBP1

(This video is age-restricted. Please watch on YouTube.)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2023: 美国作家.我们人民都是47总统;假新闻
2023: 如果中共不要台湾的地不要台湾的人,只