设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
加爾文相信「有限代贖論」嗎?(转贴仅供参考·待续)
送交者: nngzh 2017年09月16日13:42:28 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话

加爾文相信「有限代贖論」嗎?

定義:「有限代贖」(Limited Atonement),又稱為「特定救贖」(Particular Redemption),是加爾文主義五要點(通常簡稱為 TULIP)的第三點。 意思是「主耶穌在十字架上的死,雖然足以(sufficient)拯救所有人,但只是對蒙揀選的人有效(efficient)。 」或者說,十字架的死雖然足以使所有人都得著救恩的益處,但神卻定意只給祂所揀選的人。

這個神學體系冠以宗教改革家加爾文(John Calvin)之名,但加爾文本人是否屬於加爾文主義呢? 我們就以「有限代贖」為例,作點簡單的說明。

摘錄自加爾文(John Calvin)著,趙中輝、宋華忠譯,《羅馬人書注釋》,五18

保羅認為恩惠是普及眾人的;普及的意思並不是在事實上臨到眾人,卻是說因為人人都可以來得的。 雖然基督是為全世界的人類而受死,神的恩慈也是不論何人都可以來領取;然而並不是人人都接受了基督。
He makes this favour common to all,because it is propounded to all, and not because it is in reality extended to all; for though Christ suffered for the sins of the whole world, and is offered through God’s benignity indiscriminately to all, yet all do not receive him.

英文譯者歐文(John Owen)在注腳列出拉丁文,然後補充說:「從這句話似乎可以看出:加爾文主張普遍的救贖」(It appears from this sentence that Calvin held general redemption)。

摘錄自加爾文(John Calvin)著,《以賽亞書注釋》,五十三12
祂卻擔當多人的罪

⋯⋯因為當祂如此蒙羞受辱,丟臉到極致,為要叫我們這些已經被宣判為永久滅亡的人可以與祂一同享受不朽的榮耀,我們就在祂身上見到神的愛的一個驚人而值得紀念的證據。
⋯⋯祂孤身一人承擔多人的刑罰,因為整個世界的罪都歸在祂身上。從其他經文——尤其從羅馬書第五章——可以明顯看見:「多人」有時是指「所有人」。
He bore the sin of many. This is added by way of correction, that, when we hear of the shame of Christ’s death, we may not think that it was a blot on the character of Christ, and that our minds may not, by being prejudiced in that manner, be prevented from receiving the victory which he obtained for us, that is, the fruit of his death. He shews, therefore, that this was done in order that he might take our sins upon him; and his object is, that, whenever the death of Christ shall be mentioned, we may at the same time remember the atonement made for us. And this fruit swallows up all the shame of the death of Christ, that his majesty and glory may be more clearly seen than if we only beheld him sitting in heaven; for we have in him a striking and memorable proof of the love of God, when he is so insulted, degraded, and loaded with the utmost disgrace, in order that we, on whom had been pronounced a sentence of everlasting destruction, may enjoy along with him immortal glory.
I have followed the ordinary interpretation, that “he bore the sin of many,” though we might without impropriety consider the Hebrew word רבים (răbbīm) to denote “Great and Noble.” And thus the contrast would be more complete, that Christ, while “he was ranked among transgressors,” became surety for every one of the most excellent of the earth, and suffered in the room of those who hold the highest rank in the world. I leave this to the judgment of my readers. Yet I approve of the ordinary reading, that he alone bore the punishment of many, because on him was laid the guilt of the whole world. It is evident from other passages, and especially from the fifth chapter of the Epistle to the Romans, that “many” sometimes denotes “all.”

And prayed for the transgressors. Because the ratification of the atonement, with which Christ has washed us by his death, implies that he pleaded with the Father on our behalf, it was proper that this should be added. For, as in the ancient Law the priest, who “never entered without blood,” at the same time interceded for the people; so what was there shadowed out is fulfilled in Christ. (Ex. 30:10; Heb. 9:7.) First, he offered the sacrifice of his body, and shed his blood, that he might endure the punishment which was due to us; and secondly, in order that the atonement might take effect, he performed the office of an advocate, and interceded for all who embraced this sacrifice by faith; as is evident from that prayer which he left to us, written by the hand of John, “I pray not for these only, but for all who shall believe on me through their word.” (John 17:20.) If we then belong to their number, let us be fully persuaded that Christ hath suffered for us, that we may now enjoy the benefit of his death.

——John Calvin, Commentary on the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, vol. 4, trans. by William Pringle (Baker Books, 2009), pp. 130-32

摘錄自加爾文(John Calvin)著,《加拉太書註釋》,五12

加拉太書五12:「恨不得[他們]⋯⋯把自己割絕了。」

⋯⋯這位使徒應該是願意所有人都得救,沒有一個人滅亡的⋯⋯因為神的旨意是要我們尋求所有人——毫無例外地——得救,因為基督是為全世界的罪而受苦的。⋯⋯

12. Would that they were even cut off. His indignation proceeds still farther, and he prays for destruction on those impostors by whom the Galatians had been deceived. The word, “cut off,” appears to be employed in allusion to the circumcision which they pressed. “They tear the church for the sake of circumcision: I wish they were entirely cut off.” Chrysostom favours this opinion. But how can such an imprecation be reconciled with the mildness of an apostle, who ought to wish that all should be saved, and that not a single person should perish? So far as men are concerned, I admit the force of this argument; for it is the will of God that we should seek the salvation of all men without exception, as Christ suffered for the sins of the whole world. But devout minds are sometimes carried beyond the consideration of men, and led to fix their eye on the glory of God, and the kingdom of Christ. The glory of God, which is in itself more excellent than the salvation of men, ought to receive from us a higher degree of esteem and regard. Believers earnestly desirous that the glory of God should be promoted, forget men, and forget the world, and would rather choose that the whole world should perish, than that the smallest portion of the glory of God should be withdrawn.

——John Calvin, Commentary onTHE EPISTLES OF PAUL to the GALATIANS AND EPHESIANS,  trans. by William Pringle (Baker Books, 2009), pp. 156-57

另一個譯本:

⋯⋯這位使徒應該是願意所有人都得救,沒有一個人滅亡的⋯⋯因為神所託付我們的,是所有人——毫無例外——的救恩,正如基督是為全世界的罪而受苦的。⋯⋯

… for God commends to us the salvation of all men without exception, even as Christ suffered for the sins of the whole world….

——John Calvin, Calvin’s New Testament Commentary: GALATIANS, EPHESIANS,  PHILIPPIANS AND COLOSSIANS, trans. by T. H. L. Parker (Eerdmans, 1965), p. 99

(未完待续)

Link:

Part 01

Part 02

Part 03

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制