版主:奇異恩典
萬維讀者網 > 彩虹之約 > 帖子
Ron Paul是唯一在眾議院反對祝賀劉曉波的議員
送交者: 思齊 2010年12月10日15:37:34 於 [彩虹之約] 發送悄悄話

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul709.html

Don't Meddle in China

by Ron Paul

Recently by Ron Paul: Focus on the Policy, Not WikiLeaks

Before the US House of Representatives, December 7, 2010, on resolution congratulating Liu Xiaobob on Nobel Peace Prize

Mr. Speaker, I rise in opposition to this resolution as I do not believe it is our place, as Members of the U.S. Congress, to dictate internal policy to the Chinese government. Obviously, as an advocate of minimal government and personal liberty, I do not support imprisoning individuals for their political views and believe that anyone held anywhere for merely holding unpopular views – including anyone held in the United States – should be released. I do object to the meddling in this bill which falsely advertises itself as a non-controversial expression of congratulations to a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

As one who believes strongly in national sovereignty and is opposed to the idea of a world governmental authority, I particularly object to the sentiment expressed in this bill that "violations of human rights in general ... are matters of legitimate concern to other governments.'' This idea is the recipe for abominations such as the "humanitarian'' bombing of Serbia in 1999 and is used by those who wish to maintain the current disastrous occupation of Afghanistan. As we can see from interventions such as the U.S. attack on Iraq, which was at least partly sold as a humanitarian-inspired overthrow of a dictator, sometimes the "cure'' is worse than the disease particularly when one calculates the number dead from the intervention and the number actually killed by the regime being replaced.

I find it ironic that, at a time when the U.S. government is desperately attempting to censor the publication of sensitive leaked information that it considers embarrassing and is demonizing and calling for the prosecution or worse of the publisher of that information, Julian Assange, this resolution "calls on the Government of China to cease censoring media and Internet reporting of the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Liu Xiaobo and to cease its campaign of defamation against Liu Xiaobo.''

In the interest of a non-interventionist U.S. foreign policy I must therefore oppose this resolution and will continue to oppose any meddling in the domestic affairs of foreign countries.

December 10, 2010

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

--------------

Dr. Ron Paul 講的中肯之至,劉曉波是中國人(雖然他說他恥於做中國人),在中國的土地上做顛覆中國政府的事,他就是觸犯了中國的法律,是非法的。阿桑奇不是美國人,也沒在美國犯案,他的WikiLeaks至今也沒傷害任何人,只不過是揭露了真相而以,那麼美國的法律就管不着他,他們就不是非法的。如同,已經入了美國國籍的新民若要揭露中國的真相/秘密,或在美國(不是在中國)從事顛覆中國政府的事,那麼他也不是非法的,中國政府奈他不何。

美國一邊要迫害阿桑奇,一邊追捧劉曉波,實在是雙重標準得離譜。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2009: 靠主喜樂。請XDJM為我禱告。