设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:丁丁家长
万维读者网 > 海 二 代 > 帖子
黎昉: 女儿的英文写作
送交者: 黎昉 2005年02月17日15:36:28 于 [海 二 代] 发送悄悄话

最近女儿的英文课要求孩子们读一本书,并给书的主人翁写一封信,信的内容要给书的主人翁提一些孩子想知道,但书中没有谈到的问题。我女儿读的是“The World at her Fingertips”,这是盲聋女士海伦的自传,我的女儿十一岁,六年级。下面是信的内容。请大家来评一下做文章的优点和不足,有无抄袭或摹仿的痕迹?:-)

Dear Helen Keller, I am astonished at how triumphant you are. You appear to be like any other human, but you cannot see or hear. You have accomplished more in one decade than many others can accomplish in their lifetime. Many of us can see and hear, yet we are not even close to as successful you are. What motivated you to work hard and persevere? When you encountered difficulties that blocked you from your goal, you defeated them rapidly and knowledgeably. When I read “The World at her Fingertips”, I imagined myself with those problems. I had no idea how to overcome many of the obstacles, and I did not know where to begin. You acquired a different solution for every one of the complexities beautifully. I understand how you figured out the difference between “water” and “mug” in the manual language, but how did you recognize the difference between other synonyms? Were the words in the manual language difficult or effortless for you to learn? When you first learned the word “doll” in the manual language, were you giddy with excitement or filled with boredom? You appeared to be in-between because you liked the doll and a moment later, you had a fit when Annie Sullivan tried to take it away. I cannot understand why Radcliffe decided that you deserved only a cum laude. I like the positive attitude you have when you approach things. In my opinion, you deserve a summa cum laude because of the enormous amount of effort you put in your work. It is not everyday that they have an intellectual deaf and blind teenage girl at their school who works as hard as possible to achieve her goals. The people of Radcliffe said you earned that because you retired from all social activities associated with your graduation. Do you think that Radcliffe appreciated your efforts to turn in your homework with your efforts put in, like any other top student? Do you like being an influential lecturer and essayist? Is it fun and enjoyable? When you first started to become a lecturer and essayist, you appeared a bit hesitant. Even so, people acknowledge you as a celebrity. How did you manage to complete everything on your demanding schedule? Some people do not have a schedule close to as busy as yours is, yet they cannot finish everything. I am very impressed at the amount of endurance you must have had. I am quite sure that I probably would have relinquished the possibility of victory if I were handicapped and had many difficulties to overcome. Your friends concerned about you and soon put pressure on you to join their judgment of matters without knowing it. How can you stand the pressure that you grasp from politics? I was surprised to discover that you did not accept any setbacks. Your fortitude and intelligence are quite a display to the strength of the human character. Your life has inspired many people for generations, including me.

Sincerely,Xxxxx Xxxxx

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖