简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:诤友
万维读者网 > 教育学术 > 帖子
Invalidity of E = mc2
送交者: c_y_lo 2018年10月25日12:45:52 于 [教育学术] 发送悄悄话

Invalidity of E = mc2 -- A major Error of Einstein

Dear Professor Wilczek:

I am writing to you because I have found that E = mc2 can be invalid [1, 2]. I understand that you and your colleagues have used this formula to derive the asymptotic freedom in the theory of strong interaction [3]. But you have not justified the validity of applying E = mc2. In view of that this formula may not be valid for this case, such a justification is necessary. Although this deficiency is originated from Einstein, you simply accept Einstein’s erroneous claim as valid. However, the application of this formula must be proven to be valid. Since your derivation is at least incomplete, it is your responsibility to assure its validity.

Many considered E = mc2 as Einstein’s major achievement. However, if one looks carefully, it is clear this is a major error of Einstein due to his over-looking that this formula is inconsistent with the Einstein equation ( Rμν - (1/2)gμνR = -KTμν ). Since Einstein equation implies the curvature  

R=KgμνTμν.                          (1)

The electromagnetic energy cannot affect the curvature R since the trace of an electromagnetic energy-stress tensor is zero, but the mass can. Thus, mass and the electromagnetic energy cannot be equivalent. In fact, equation (1) was first derived by Einstein himself. His failure to see this inconsistency is clear due to his over-sight.

Einstein claimed that a piece of heated-up metal would have an increased weight. However, experimentally, A piece of heated-up metal actually leads to a decrease of weight. Therefore, Einstein is wrong on this issue. Moreover, a charged capacitor and a charged metal ball also have reduced weight. So, Einstein is clearly incorrect.

Also, there are some minor errors in your Nobel speech [3]. 1) In Einstein’s 1905 paper, he used L/c2 as the mass. His proof is incomplete because he did not show how the radiation energy L is related to the energy of an electromagnetic wave. 2) It is in 1912 Einstein changed L to a general energy E. Thus, his claim of E/c2 can always regarded as a mass is incorrect.

If you have any questions, I shall be happy to answer them. Thank you for your kind attention.

Sincerely yours,

C. Y. Lo

MIT Physics 77

P. S. I may go to Hong Kong in December to report the errors on E= mc2. If a reporter asks me the opinion of MIT on this matter, I shall answer him as you would say.

c.c.:  David J Gross, H. David Politzer

References

1.         C. Y. Lo, David P. Chan, and Richard C. Y. Hui, “Oversights of Einstein & Maxwell and their Errors,” the 11th Symposium in honor of Vigier, Aug. 6-10 at Liege, Belgium, 2018.

2.         C. Y. Lo and Richard C. Y. Hui, Comments on the Invalid Proof of Einstein on L = mc2 and E= mc2, Phys. Essays Vol 31, No. 1, 2018.

3.         Frank A. Wilczek, “Asymptotic Freedom from Paradox to Paradox, “ Nobel Lecture (Dec. 8, 2004).

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2017: 不要对“PA2015”说我不感兴趣
2017: “北京哥们”当年举荐习近平上大学 如