简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
1st Day @ Lavner Camp(记拉沃尔营第一天)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月15日08:05:22 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2013-10-02

【Aiden in English】

My heart was pounding as I hopped off Mom's car, for it was my first day at Lavner Video Game Design. The program was new to GA (Germantown Academy) summer camp, so I decided to see what it was all about.

The first person I met was the instructor, Dan. He was one of those casual, easy-going guys. As I rounded a corner, I literally smacked into Dan's assistant, Ricky. He looked a lot like Dan, but instead of a smile, a large frown sat on his face. I was wondering what the bad news was. But before I could think about it, I entered the computer room. Immediately, my mouth popped open. The room contained five long tables stacked with computers iOS6 and up. It was then that I realized that there were other children in the room and that I was looking like a complete dork. So with a lot of effort, I managed to shut my mouth.

A few moments later, Ricky marched into the room, followed by Dan. They walked to pass the tables checking each Desk-Top and partnering us up. I didn't even have time to introduce myself before we were asked to open up a window called Multi-Fusion 2. It was blank screen with a toolbar to the left and a game selection on the bottom. I tapped the game selection as Dan instructed, pulling up a new window listed with games from Brick-Break to Super Mario Bros. The game instructed was Space Invaders. Immediately, the screen became a white slate. In the toolbar section, there was an endless list of aliens. A box was used for the conditions. I still had no clue what the condition box did, but I was sure we were going to find out. Before I was able to explore, we were told to save our work and leave for lunch.

After being refreshed from recess, I sat down and turned on the computer. Ricky explained that to begin, we needed to select our own ship. Then, we placed three rows of aliens. Next, Dan taught us how conditions worked. Conditions were how the player moved, how the enemy shifted, how things blew up, and lives, scores, and bosses. Conditions made the game a game. After we entered the basics that allowed us to move, shoot, and kick alien butt, we were told to add a few finishing touches including a barrier shield and a boss that could blast you to atoms. I could finally feel the game coming together. My first video game is almost complete!

Next, we added a high score board. It was then commanded that when we blew up every alien, or we exploded in glorious HD (which I prefer not to), the game would save our scores listed from greatest to least. I played through Space Invaders a few times to check for flaws in the game. But I got carried away and played until we were told to shut down.

I saved the game and got my bags. I felt like walking in quicksand, each step harder than the last. I really didn't want to go. I was still thinking about it when I hopped aboard Mom's car. Before I realized it, GA was already fading into the distance.

【红霞译文】

今天是我拉沃尔游戏设计第一天,难怪自打与妈妈分手之后,我的心脏便怦怦直跳。拉沃尔游戏设计可谓捷门堂夏令营新增设的活动项目,正因如此,我打算身临其境好好探究一番。

我遇到的第一个人是教员丹,他穿戴简单为人随和。走过拐角时,我又撞见丹的助理瑞奇。瑞奇很像丹,但不爱笑,一副愁眉苦脸的样子,好像大难临头。来不及多想,我已经走进教室。一进教室,我立刻惊喜万状,五个长桌上摆满了苹果移动操作系统6以上的计算机,这时我才注意到房间里还有其他孩子 ,自己像个傻子似的好不容易镇定下来。

不一会儿,瑞奇率先步入房间,丹紧随其后。他俩走过课桌,一边查看电脑,一边给我们分组。来不及自我介绍,大家即刻打开多面融合2视窗,空白屏幕上工具栏居左,游戏选择居下。按照丹的指意,我点击游戏选择,出现一新视窗,里面从《劈瓦》到《超级马里奥兄弟》,游戏五花八门。随后,我打开《太空侵略者》,屏幕马上变成白色石板,工具栏里外星人不计其数,有一个盒子存放条件,我搞不懂条件盒子有何功用,相信到时一定会弄清楚。我本想进一步摸索游戏,却被告知要先将现有程序备盘存好,午饭后再接着继续做。

午休过后,我坐下来打开电脑。瑞奇解释说,设计一开始,我们首先需要选择各自的战舰,并安置三排外星人,然后再使用不同的条件。其实,条件就是玩游戏的人如何移动,坏蛋如何变位,东西如何引爆,还有性命、积分、上司,条件是游戏的组成部分。在初步掌握移动、射击、置外星人与死地等基础知识之后,我们可以添加饰物,比如防御工事以及能叫你付之一炬的上司。我终于把游戏编排出来,由此第一个视频游戏即将完成﹗

接着,我们新设大积分板,这样一来,每当我们消灭一个外星人,或者英勇就义(我情愿不是如此),游戏本身都会由高到低记录积分。我玩过几回《太空侵略者》,借以检查自己编排的游戏中有何不足,结果爱不释手,不觉已到离开的时刻。

我收藏好游戏,并装进包里。细想起来,感觉自己如同走在流沙之中,后面的总比前面的难。我实在恋恋不舍拉沃尔游戏设计,直到登上妈妈的汽车,依然回味游戏场景。等我翻然醒悟,捷门堂早已不见踪影。

2013-09-02_Outside In0001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 民科并非不能做,但两个条件,