简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Fourth of July Fireworks(独立节烟花)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月31日13:54:32 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-07-05

【Aiden in English】

In the USA, the 4th of July is probably the most celebrated holiday every year, whether it's going to the beach, staying at Grandma's house or watching fireworks locally. Dad and I decided to celebrate the day of Independence in the traditional way with a spectacular show of fireworks. Unfortunately, it was July 5th, but at least Wissahickon High School in greater Philadelphia postponed the events to today.

The beginning was a huge upset. It was one firework at a time. Then, in about ten minutes, things heated up. Multiple displays were shot into the air simultaneously. A single ignition barrage split into hundreds of smaller sparks as a loud bang was made with a flash. It was funny that there were also plenty of fireworks which featured the colors of red and green. And the last time I checked, Christmas was still 5 and half months away. My favorite was the red, white, and blue fireworks. It symbolized our country. Even though it looked very plain, the colors had a ton of meaning that carried the USA for 238 years.

The 4th of July marked the beginning of the great USA. And there is nothing like a good show of fireworks to celebrate the nation's birthday and cheer people up.

【红霞译文】

在美国,七月四日可能是一年中最有名的节日,人们要么赶去海边消暑度假,要么与祖母欢聚一堂共享天伦之乐,要么就近观赏礼花燃放焰火。我和爸爸决定将采取传统方式,在花炮声中一起欢度独立节。可眼下已是五号,比真正国庆的日子错后了一天,好在宾州大费城地区威萨黑肯高中恰巧将庆祝活动推迟到今天,使我们得以如愿以偿。

刚开始的时候特别令人失望,焰火并非连珠炮地朝天上发射,而像挤牙膏似的单个往外窜,直到大约十分钟后才进入白热化状态。多台发射器同时启动,一枚枚礼花弹腾空而起,随着电闪雷鸣,争相迸发出数以百计的火树银花。有趣的是,不少燃放的焰火不是红就是绿,而据我新近核实,圣诞节距今尚需五个半月才会来临。我喜欢红、白、蓝色烟花,它们象征着美国,虽然看上去单调乏味,但三种颜色寓意深刻,而且伴随美利坚走过了238年漫长历程。

七月四日标志着彪汉美国的崛起,没有比燃放烟花更能营造出举国同庆万众欢腾的热烈场面。

04-06-12_ Fireworks-10001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖