In me, past, present, future meet, 在我身上,過去、現在和未來交集,
To hold long chiding conference. 他們擁擠一處,相互推諉,爭論不息。
My lusts usurp the present tense 形形色色的情慾在對我的現在掠取,
And strangle Reason in his seat. 他們把"理性"壓制在座位上死去。
My loves leap through the future's fence 我的至愛們跳出未來的桎梏
To dance with dream-enfranchised feet. 踏着被夢想賦予權利的舞步。
In me the cave-man clasps the seer, 在我身上,原始洞人抱緊預言家,
And garlanded Apollo goes 戴着花環的阿波羅先知
Chanting to Abraham's deaf ear. 向耳背的亞伯拉罕唱起讚美詩。
In me the tiger sniffs the rose. 在我身上,猛虎在細嗅薔薇。
Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble, 好心的朋友們,來看看我的內心吧,
Since there your elements assemble. 既然你們的基本要素與我相似,
你們也許會同樣感到顫顫微微。