In me, past, present, future meet, 在我身上,过去、现在和未来交集,
To hold long chiding conference. 他们拥挤一处,相互推诿,争论不息。
My lusts usurp the present tense 形形色色的情欲在对我的现在掠取,
And strangle Reason in his seat. 他们把"理性"压制在座位上死去。
My loves leap through the future's fence 我的至爱们跳出未来的桎梏
To dance with dream-enfranchised feet. 踏着被梦想赋予权利的舞步。
In me the cave-man clasps the seer, 在我身上,原始洞人抱紧预言家,
And garlanded Apollo goes 戴着花环的阿波罗先知
Chanting to Abraham's deaf ear. 向耳背的亚伯拉罕唱起赞美诗。
In me the tiger sniffs the rose. 在我身上,猛虎在细嗅蔷薇。
Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble, 好心的朋友们,来看看我的内心吧,
Since there your elements assemble. 既然你们的基本要素与我相似,
你们也许会同样感到颤颤微微。