设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:纳川
万维读者网 > 天下论坛 > 帖子
The West still gets China's economy wrong
送交者: 江灵飏 2021年11月05日11:25:37 于 [天下论坛] 发送悄悄话

If you happen to watch business news networks such as Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox, to name just a few, you'd better take their gurus' analyses with a grain of salt especially when it comes to China's economy. I am not saying that the Western experts on your screen necessarily have an ax to grind. I am just saying that, more often than not, Western economic theories don't apply to China. It would be a grave mistake, in my humble opinion, to sinicize what you have learned about economics from your US college. Harvard Business Review may not make much sense of China's business world.

Take Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for an example. Informed Chinese living in China understand that GDP exists for one reason and one reason only: politics. For Beijing, economy is economic politics. In other words, economics is a political tool serving the powers that be.

Another example is One Belt One Road, which the Western media genuinely believe is a big deal to symbolize and substantiate China's prowess as a global player. But for Beijing, the Belt Road project is too much debt-burdened to go on. China's economic growth is debt growth. So are the Belt Road countries'. All signs indicate that Beijing has to slow down on debt growth. That means the Belt Road countries' economies will be shrinking, if not collapsing, as Beijing is turning off its money spigot. I haven't even mentioned that the US Navy, if needed, could grasp all the choke points on China's sea trade routes around the globe.

This is the world's second largest economy with Chinese characteristics. Get used to it.

Author: Lingyang Jiang

Image: Google

4c63c3cc-3c8b-11ec-a1b3-e785d5c8830c_image_hires_010327.jpeg

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖