設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:納川
萬維讀者網 > 天下論壇 > 帖子
The West still gets China's economy wrong
送交者: 江靈颺 2021年11月05日11:25:37 於 [天下論壇] 發送悄悄話

If you happen to watch business news networks such as Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox, to name just a few, you'd better take their gurus' analyses with a grain of salt especially when it comes to China's economy. I am not saying that the Western experts on your screen necessarily have an ax to grind. I am just saying that, more often than not, Western economic theories don't apply to China. It would be a grave mistake, in my humble opinion, to sinicize what you have learned about economics from your US college. Harvard Business Review may not make much sense of China's business world.

Take Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for an example. Informed Chinese living in China understand that GDP exists for one reason and one reason only: politics. For Beijing, economy is economic politics. In other words, economics is a political tool serving the powers that be.

Another example is One Belt One Road, which the Western media genuinely believe is a big deal to symbolize and substantiate China's prowess as a global player. But for Beijing, the Belt Road project is too much debt-burdened to go on. China's economic growth is debt growth. So are the Belt Road countries'. All signs indicate that Beijing has to slow down on debt growth. That means the Belt Road countries' economies will be shrinking, if not collapsing, as Beijing is turning off its money spigot. I haven't even mentioned that the US Navy, if needed, could grasp all the choke points on China's sea trade routes around the globe.

This is the world's second largest economy with Chinese characteristics. Get used to it.

Author: Lingyang Jiang

Image: Google

4c63c3cc-3c8b-11ec-a1b3-e785d5c8830c_image_hires_010327.jpeg

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖