设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
I saw someone commenting
送交者: mean 2014年12月09日12:19:26 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话
somewhere that: "Many Christians are under the mistaken impression that things will always get better, things always get fixed, things always get resolved, and better things are are just around the corner if I can just hold on because 'Jesus loves me, this I know.' But that is in error. Yes, Jesus loves me. But (and this is a phrase that has strengthened my faith more than anything), 'sometimes the baby still dies.' Sometimes there isn’t a happy ending; sometimes trouble wins – what do you do with that? Jesus never promised to shield us FROM life, he promised to give us NEW life … IN this life. Even the bad parts."

For this reason it was written in Romans that "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. ...For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God." As Paul followed: "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Indeed, "all things work together for good", that we may truly proclaim -- “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.” And not happy endings.

“Now, among the Christians there are also new Stoics, who count it depraved not only to groan and weep but also to be sad and care ridden…Yet we have nothing to do with this iron philosophy which our Lord and Master has condemned not only by his word, but also by his example. For he groaned and wept both over his own and other’s misfortunes…And that no one might turn it into a vice, he openly proclaimed, “Blessed are those who mourn” [Matt. 5:4]. No wonder! For if all weeping is condemned, what shall we judge concerning the Lord himself, from whose body tears of blood trickled down [Luke 22:44]? If all fear is branded as unbelief, how shall we account for that dread with which we read, he was heavily stricken [Matt. 26:37; Mark 14:33]? If all sadness displeases us, how will it please us that he confesses his soul “sorrowful even to death” [Matt. 26:38]?” -- by John Calvin.
0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2013: 约翰福音 20:24~31 “那没有看见就信
2013: 再说何为邪教