设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
On white horse prophecy
送交者: mean 2012年11月01日10:11:29 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话

Yesterday someone told me that Mitt Romney, if winning the presidency office, would fulfill a prophecy made by a certain Mormon prophet, that one day a Mormon would rise to lead and save America.

I was quite fascinated, so I searched and found the so-called "The White Horse Prophecy", allegedly a statement made by Joseph Smith Jr himself, who used the concept of the "White Horse" in the Books of Revelation, and predicted that one day the US constitution will one day "hang like a thread" but will be saved "by the efforts of the White Horse". This has variously been speculated to mean that Mormons would one day make US into a theocracy, or at least, Mormons will one day save the imperiled US Constitution. Mitt Romney's father, George Romney, once alluded to this when he was a presidential hopeful. Now with the polarization of America, this prophecy once again was brought to surface. Glen Beck, a popular conservative radio host and a Mormon, repeated talked about how the US constitution "hangs by a thread" under Obama. The hope is that Mitt Romney would fulfill the prophecy and save America.

The official position of the LDS church however, says that this is "not official [LDS] church doctrine", but rather a matter of speculation. Likewise the same thing was confirmed by Mitt Romney himself, who talked about this as merely a matter of speculation and discussion.

Anyway, an interesting factoid you can use at your cocktail party. :)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2011: 何許人:再过死荫幽谷(九)
2011: aijia:救恩就是毫無理由的臨到他的身