设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:诤友
万维读者网 > 教育学术 > 跟帖
中华文化一直在变,为什么单单文改成为中国人失去文化标志的原因
送交者: 言真轻 2009月01月06日11:21:00 于 [教育学术] 发送悄悄话
回  答: A quick word on 汉语vs. English文字狱 于 2009-01-05 23:17:03
I like any articles with serious argument on this topic, although I may not agree with them. Let me put it this way in answering your questions:

1.Culture or civilization is merely the collective outcomes of a nation’s intelligent where language plays critical roles. I will say language is the very basic of all since it shapes human being’s thought or intelligent. The nature of thought has been closely connected to the language itself by modern linguistic studies.

2.The differences of all cultures identify themselves from each other. Every culture changes over the history all the time, no exception. It keeps changing and never stopped and there still no two cultures are the same. Even the nations using same languages can identify themselves from each other, such as the United States and Canada. The concerns of losing nation’s identity are groundless. One can paint his nose in blue to identify himself. He should not worry about losing identity if he wipe out the color on nose since there will never be lack of differences to identify him with others.

3.In recent 100 years, China has changed dramatically from its distinguish backward status in Qing Dynasty to now, while we are still pretty much using the same old writing system. It seems that most of Chinese people are desperate for the changes and have put their long efforts to make the changes happen. If culture changes all the way, I don’t know why losing nation's culture ID should be a concern. Probably what we should concern about is rather to change it for better or to keep it for worse.

4.Culture identity of a nation is determined by its people based on their value system that is developed over time. I do not think Chinese people want to go back to where they were in the Qing dynasty. People in Qing dynasty dressed up very differently and that was their distinguish identity at the time in front of whole world. Do we want to dress like that just for keeping our identities? I don’t know others, I am suddenly not.

5.What I have suggested here is to change writing system of the old Chinese characters into alphabetical system, which is referred as the Hanzi reform to be specific. The Chinese language itself will not be changed but enriched. I really do not know why people are scared by that. To change writing systems is not some new. Japanese did it, Korean did it, Vietnamese did it, Indonesian did it, Malayan did it, Hongkong people did it… We will never short of examples for that kind of reform.

Chinese people have used Hanzi for thousands of years and it has been proved to be an awful writing system. It is hard to learn, hard to use, hard to communicate with other peoples, and worst of all, it is way insufficient in developing Chinese language. Chinese people are isolated by Hanzi spiritually and that is why Chinese ways of thinking are so unique.
0%(0)
0%(0)
  Thanks for taking the time - 文字狱 01/06/09 (174)
    都愚昧得很 你哪个level可以直接和"神"交流 晕不晕啊  /无内容 - 万尊 01/06/09 (179)
  Can you clarify? - stinger 01/06/09 (276)
      anything else than language .. - stinger 01/06/09 (277)
        民主是建立在法律,道德,充分的社会交流之上的 - 言真轻 01/06/09 (268)
          it is my feeling... - stinger 01/06/09 (211)
标  题 (必选项):
内  容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2008: 九十年代的海归易纲教授
2007: 庞加莱猜想完整证明的原创属于佩雷尔曼
2007: 公平的美国人为丘先生抱不平, 丑陋的中
2006: 吃茶来去入真禅——与潘宗光居士品茗记