設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:諍友
萬維讀者網 > 教育學術 > 帖子
如何學好高中英文
送交者: 麗貝卡愛米 2013年08月23日12:43:00 於 [教育學術] 發送悄悄話

My son will be attending Princeton University this year, and he wrote a book over the  summer that he believes addresses a very important issue in the Asian-American  community: many of our children perform well in Math and other quantitative fields of  study but struggle in English class. Here is an excerpt from the book:

"I am a male Asian-American kid who spent a decent amount of his high school years  procrastinating. My parents are both Peking University graduates who moved from  mainland China as students. In 2013, I was accepted to Princeton, Yale, Columbia,  UPenn, Cornell, Brown, Duke, Caltech, and many other good universities in one of the  most competitive college admissions years in history.

"I wasn’t a model child by any means. I played a ton of video games (I still do), and I  rarely accepted parental discipline without a fight; my parents always allowed me to  argue my way out of punishments and unreasonable restrictions. Though I didn’t realize  it then, my tendency to launch into sporadic debates led me to cultivate a knack for  analysis and logical reasoning.

"I have consistently received A and A+ grades in my English classes throughout my high  school career. Essay writing is an activity that I greatly enjoy, and a typical essay  only takes a day or two for me to write. However, I do not consider myself to be a  “humanities person.” I have a great passion in computer science and will be pursuing a  Computer Science B.S.E. major at Princeton University this year. My purpose in writing  this article is to reach out to students like me who consider themselves to be “science  people.” English is without a doubt one of my most favorite academic subjects, and I  believe that any self-described “math person” or “science person” can excel in English  once they learn the truly wonderful world that hides beneath this discipline.

"This is the story of how I learned to enjoy English, a story that contains the tricks,  tips, and secrets that I discovered as a high school humanities student."

My son's website for the book can be found here: www.proofsandmethods.com/. 

Here is the link for the book on Amazon.com (by the way, you do not need a Kindle to  view the book; you can read it on PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android as well):  http://www.amazon.com/Proofs-Methods-Excelled-English-ebook/dp/B00EPQWLS4/ref=sr_1_1? s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377224746&sr=1-1.

I hope that this book can contribute in eliminating the stereotype of Asian-Americans  as being only good at math and science. We can be good at the humanities as well!

Thank you very much.

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2012: 《自然》雜誌向葉詩文道歉的背後