簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
Hospital Visit(醫院探訪)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年03月28日11:06:35 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2014-06-16

【Aiden in English】

It's sad to have a family member experience a surgery ordeal. The treatment is painful, and so is the recovery. That's why I go to the rehabilitation center where Grandma stays to cheer her on to full recovery.

The arthroplasty was performed about grandma's right knee due to a severe osteoarthritis. Earlier last week, Dr. Grant, an orthopedic surgeon, replaced her kneecap or patella with a large metal tray in Einstein Medical Center, PA. It sounded so complicated and I was scared to death. After surgery, she has to be transferred to a rehab center and put though tough exercises everyday before she is able to get back on her feet. 

I feel really bad for her, considering the pain she's been through. Worst of all, I can't do anything but pray. She is clearly in discomfort even though she takes a variety of painkillers. I know that grandma will benefit from the medical treatment in a long run. Yet it is tough just standing by and to wait.

【紅霞譯文】

外婆的近況令我難過,最為無奈的是,除了祈禱減輕疾苦之外,我束手無策。儘管每天外婆遵照醫囑服用大劑量止痛藥,但是病痛還會無情地折磨她老人家。我心裡明白,從長遠來看,外婆終將從眼下手術治療中獲益。然而,讓我呆在旁邊眼巴巴地目睹一切,實在於心不甘。

外婆患有老年性骨關節炎,嚴重到不得不接受人工膝蓋置換手術治療的程度,上星期早些時候,賓州愛因斯坦醫學中心整形外科醫生給她右膝蓋換上了人造金屬替代品,聽起來複雜得要命,看上去卻又可怕得要死。手術出院後,她被轉送到康復中心,夜以繼日地進行艱苦訓練,為的是能夠儘快過上正常生活。

看到家人要動外科手術,心裡真不是滋味,治療期間飽嘗痛苦,康復過程同樣歷經磨難,正因如此,我要趕到外婆所在的康復中心給她打氣加油,盼她早日恢復健康。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2019: 致淡紫:為什麼共和黨的理念不能完全Wo
2019: I Love you all