简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
YMCA Camp─Stuck @ Home(基督教青年会营─第二天病休在家)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月04日08:26:46 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-07-30

Aiden in English

If you are sick, you can get away with it or stay home from school. Being home during the mid-summer is the worst, especially when it turns to the 2nd time after treatment. I have to go through an ordeal because of all the same fever yesterday.

The fever didn't sound too bad, however, just bad enough to make me not go to the summer camp. I really missed the sports at Lansdale Catholic High even though it's only been two days. But still no accompany and entertainment, but routine Chinese homework, the worst experience to spend the summer. Luckily, it's because of a fever, so staying at home hopefully isn't permanent.

Staying at home isn't truly intolerable. It's the fever that's torturing me. My skull was constantly throbbing, and I was always grumpy. Nothing cheered me up even when I beat my neighbors in horse, which rarely happened. That's the thing. Having a cold/flu/fever/high temperature never makes me happy because it just never LEAVES ME ALONE! One second my head feels fine, the next it's splitting open. Yet, I'm gradually getting better (by that, I mean slow-as-a-snail getting better). It looks as if I can finally see the end of this misery.

【红霞译文】

人固有一病,或带病坚持上阵,或卧床深居简出,最差的选择莫过于仲夏之际不得不病休在家,而且连续两天疗效甚微,昨日发烧的热度一直未减,我必须硬着头皮打好这场无准备之仗。

乍听起来发烧没啥了不得,可糟就糟在我因此而无法参加夏令营。说心里话,我非常想念兰斯代尔天主教高中体育运动,尽管缺席不过两天。没有玩伴,没有娱乐,唯有中文作业一如既往,这种暑假太过凄惨。好在祸根出自发烧,希望病休在家仅为权宜之计。

病休在家本身不赖,只不过发烧把我折腾得够呛,脑袋一厥一厥地疼不算,脾气也跟着见长,干什么都无精打采,即使难得赢了邻居定点投篮也高兴不起来。实在无奈,旷日持久的感冒/流感/发热/高烧缠身,叫我垂头丧气﹗刚才还好好的,过了一会儿脑袋瓜子好像快要裂开。然而,我的身体状况确实慢慢地好转起来(所谓慢慢地,犹如蜗牛爬行),相信否极泰来,一切苦楚终将结束。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 同白兔网友关于科学哲学的对话
2019: 哲学教人怎么做人。科学教人怎么偷懒。