简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
July 4th Party(独立节聚会)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月31日13:51:22 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

美国独立节,2014-07-04

【Aiden in English】

When people think of parties, they think of delicious food, awesome drinks, colorful Piñata, outdoor games. Only the first few items on the list applied at today's party. The adults were having a long conversation (boring) and drinking beers and wines (not cool), which forced the kids (Lynden, the hosts' son, me, and my little sis) downstairs and limited to the Wii in the basement.

Lynden played most of the time. Since I had no clue how to play, I watched and chilled on my iPad, crushing through YouTube. Let's just say, this was one of my favorite parties ever! No adults to tell us the time. No parents to warn us to rest our eyes. There was nobody to ask us what to do. And let’s not forget the delicious, dazzling barbeque that Lyndon's dad, York whipped up. The lamb was baked fantastically, even though it seemed slightly on the chewy side. The beef tasted absolutely perfect, easy to swallow, a lot of juice, and packed with flavor. There was nothing like it.

Maybe sometimes parties are just about having a good time. If so, this party is something worth returning too.

【红霞译文】

人们一想起聚会,一定将美味佳肴、时尚饮料、彩纸皮纳塔、户外娱乐联系起来。可这回仅有前两项出现在我们今天的聚会上,大人们有聊不完的话题(没劲),喝不完的金啤红酒(落俗),忆往昔看今朝感慨未来,唯独把孩子随从置之度外,让龙龙──主人家的公子、我还有妹妹呆在地下室,完全沉湎于“任天堂视频游戏”。

龙龙几乎一直在玩,而我因暂时搞不清从何入手,一边观摩,一边查看“苹果便携电脑”优管示范,毫无夸张地说,这是迄今为止我参加的最好的聚会﹗既没有长辈提醒时间钟点,也没有父母告诫保护眼睛,更没有任何人颁布清规戒律,我们想干什么就干什么。对了,差点忘记提及精湛可口赏心悦目的烧烤大餐,这是龙龙爸爸彦民叔叔的拿手好戏。烘焙的羊肉色调古香,含在嘴里筋斗耐嚼﹔烧烤的牛肉汁多香嫩,吃到口中松软绵细,堪称绝世超伦。

也许有时聚会就是为了共同分享快乐时光,既然如此,这样的聚会多多益善。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 并非信教深更暴力, 而是她们会认为她