簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
July 4th Party(獨立節聚會)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年03月31日13:51:22 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

美國獨立節,2014-07-04

【Aiden in English】

When people think of parties, they think of delicious food, awesome drinks, colorful Piñata, outdoor games. Only the first few items on the list applied at today's party. The adults were having a long conversation (boring) and drinking beers and wines (not cool), which forced the kids (Lynden, the hosts' son, me, and my little sis) downstairs and limited to the Wii in the basement.

Lynden played most of the time. Since I had no clue how to play, I watched and chilled on my iPad, crushing through YouTube. Let's just say, this was one of my favorite parties ever! No adults to tell us the time. No parents to warn us to rest our eyes. There was nobody to ask us what to do. And let’s not forget the delicious, dazzling barbeque that Lyndon's dad, York whipped up. The lamb was baked fantastically, even though it seemed slightly on the chewy side. The beef tasted absolutely perfect, easy to swallow, a lot of juice, and packed with flavor. There was nothing like it.

Maybe sometimes parties are just about having a good time. If so, this party is something worth returning too.

【紅霞譯文】

人們一想起聚會,一定將美味佳餚、時尚飲料、彩紙皮納塔、戶外娛樂聯繫起來。可這回僅有前兩項出現在我們今天的聚會上,大人們有聊不完的話題(沒勁),喝不完的金啤紅酒(落俗),憶往昔看今朝感慨未來,唯獨把孩子隨從置之度外,讓龍龍──主人家的公子、我還有妹妹呆在地下室,完全沉湎於“任天堂視頻遊戲”。

龍龍幾乎一直在玩,而我因暫時搞不清從何入手,一邊觀摩,一邊查看“蘋果便攜電腦”優管示範,毫無誇張地說,這是迄今為止我參加的最好的聚會﹗既沒有長輩提醒時間鐘點,也沒有父母告誡保護眼睛,更沒有任何人頒布清規戒律,我們想幹什麼就幹什麼。對了,差點忘記提及精湛可口賞心悅目的燒烤大餐,這是龍龍爸爸彥民叔叔的拿手好戲。烘焙的羊肉色調古香,含在嘴裡筋斗耐嚼﹔燒烤的牛肉汁多香嫩,吃到口中鬆軟綿細,堪稱絕世超倫。

也許有時聚會就是為了共同分享快樂時光,既然如此,這樣的聚會多多益善。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2019: 並非信教深更暴力, 而是她們會認為她