简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Why NYU?(为何选择纽约大学)
送交者: 儿歌荟萃 2021年04月26日15:40:45 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2021-04-20

【Aiden in English】

We would like to know more about your interest in NYU. What motivated you to apply to NYU? Why have you applied or expressed interest in a particular campus, school, college, program, and or area of study? If you have applied to more than one, please also tell us why you are interested in these additional areas of study or campuses. We want to understand - Why NYU? (400 Word Maximum)

Our public education system prioritizes “core” subjects while sacrificing survival courses such as personal finance. To promote financial literacy among high school students, I launched the virtual Southeastern Pennsylvania Investment Conference (SEPAIC). My team and I invited speakers from the business, finance, management, and accounting fields to provide insight into their careers and experiences. Using Zoom, we opened sessions to my high school and surrounding school districts. Speakers usually gave a twenty-minute presentation, followed by a questions period during which the guest and students could interact. 

Watching the curiosity of my peers pour into the tiny chat box showed me that students only needed the opportunity to increase their financial literacy. In an audience exit poll, we asked a few questions, including whether they were interested in business as a future career path. With a quarter of submissions returned answering “no,” I realized that the conferences were also reaching a broader audience than just dedicated business majors. While it wasn’t much, that extra 25% of ears meant that those 30 students would approach their futures with more financial responsibility, contributing to fulfilling the mission of SEPAIC.

Through SEPAIC, I discovered the importance of effective management, and long-term planning with organized responsibilities resulted in success; however, to take my next step, I want to journey to NYU, a hub of diverse education and home to the Stern School of Business. Placed in the center of the New York City melting pot, NYU offers numerous real-world opportunities in and out of the school. In particular, classes like Developing Managerial Skills teach imperative skills—self-awareness, group communication, and effective team-building—while other courses like Growth Strategy and Management offer techniques to advance an idea into an enterprise. With my ambitions of helping those around me, small endeavors like SEPAIC would be greatly magnified with the Stern curriculum.

Outside of the classroom, NYU offers an array of services, the immediate stand-out being the NYU Management and Consultant Group. To educate students on consulting, the organization holds workshops, offers mentorships, and participates in case competitions. Above all, this real-world experience can improve students’ management skills while allowing them to interact with professionals in the field. In bridging the academic and professional gap, this group is a microcosm of NYU’s education. An education from NYU would provide me with the tools to pursue my mission of helping others through management.

【红霞译文】

我们想进一步了解你对纽约大学的兴趣,是什么促使你申请纽大的?为何你特别对校园、学校、学院、课程和/或学习领域甚感兴趣?如果你申请不止一个方面,请同时告诉我们你对其他学习领域或校园感兴趣的原因。我们就想弄清——为啥选择纽大? (最多400字)

我们的公共教育系统优先考虑“核心”科目,不惜割舍像个人财务这样的生存课程。为了推广高中学生理财知识,我发起了线上宾州东南地区投资会议,以我为首的团队成员邀请来自商务、金融、管理和会计等领域的演讲者就其职业经验各抒己见。借助Zoom视频渠道,我们为本校以及附近学区开设了多个场次,每位演讲者通常先阐述20分钟,接下来直入提问环节,在此期间来宾与学生可以互动。

同学们在好奇心的驱使下纷纷涌入我屏幕前小聊天框内,说明他们渴望提高理财知识。在与会者投票民意调查中,我们提出几个问题,其中包括征询将来是否走上商科之路,结果四分之一选择“不”,我意识到这次会议吸引了不少非商科专业的人士,虽然数量不多,但额外25%的听众意味着30名学生未来在财务上会有更多担当,为履行本次会议使命做出了贡献。

通过宾州东南地区投资网联会议,我发现有效管理的重要性,成功归咎于各尽其责和长远计划,不过欲求进一步发展,我想去纽约大学深造,它既是多元化教育中心,也是史登商学院所在地,况且又地处纽约大熔炉中心,因此能提供校内外诸多工作机会,其《培养管理技能》有的放矢地传授变通技能——-自我意识、团队沟通以及高效团建,而其它课程(如《增长策略与管理》)则为战略思想引入企业经济提供技术指南,我迫切希望能力所能及地帮助身边每个人,就像区区宾州东南地区投资会议那样,想必史登商学院定会最大程度地教育学生获得专业知识。

纽约大学还为课外生活提供一系列服务,其中最引人注目的便是它的管理咨询集团,为了培养学生咨询能力,该机构举办讲习班,提供专门指导,并开展案例竞赛。总而言之,这种工作实践不仅可以增强学生的管理才干,同时还让学生与该领域专家进行互动,由此说来,在弥合学术和技术差距方面,管理咨询集团可谓纽约大学教育的缩影,相信纽约大学教育将帮我完成使命,我会用所学到的管理技能去帮助他人。

Today in History(历史上的今天):

2019: We're Not Special(我们并无例外)

2015 GHCS Field Trip @ Green Lane Park(光华绿荫公园春游日)

2014: Spring Soccer Game I(春季足球之一)

2020-12-17_Shovel-20001.JPGRecord Snowfall of 24.7"/62.7 cm 

(24.7英寸/62.7厘米降雪纪录 12、17、2020)

Crosslink(相关博文):

12th Grade(高中四年级)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制