簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
Selection of Study Areas(選專業)
送交者: 兒歌薈萃 2021年05月05日12:34:38 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2021-04-27

【Aiden in English】

〖For applicants to Columbia College, please tell us what from your current and past experiences (either academic or personal) attracts you specifically to the areas of study that you previously noted in the application.〗

In stockmarketgame.org’s 2020 spring event, my team spent hours each week brainstorming how to separate ourselves from the hundreds of opposing squads. Struggling to advance, we decided to short travel stocks such as American Airlines and Boeing during Covid-19’s initial news, a move that launched us into the leaderboard top five. This experience reinforced my interest in economics.

Beyond the stock market, economics is fundamentally a societal problem-solving process: to help more with less. As I searched for real-world economics experience, I launched the virtual Southeastern Pennsylvania Investment Conference (SEPAIC) to address the lack of financial literacy opportunities for high school students. My team and I invited speakers from the business, finance, management, and economic fields to provide insight into their careers and experiences. Using Zoom, we opened free sessions to my high school and surrounding school districts. Speakers usually gave a twenty-minute presentation, followed by a questions period during which the guest and students could interact. Watching the curiosity of my peers pour into the tiny chat box demonstrated that students only needed the opportunity to increase their financial literacy. With a stronger foundation in economics, I hope to expand SEPAIC and develop programs to help even more people.

【紅霞譯文】

〖對於申請哥倫比亞學院的學生,請告訴我們你根據哪方面積累的經驗(學術或個人方面)選擇專業(不超過 200 個字)〗

在股市遊戲網站開展的2020年春季活動中,我的團隊每周都投注若干小時考慮如何從數百個競爭對手中勝出。我們過五關斬六將,決定在新冠肺炎病毒疫情爆發初期做空美國航空和波音等與旅行相關的股票,結果讓我們躋身排行榜前五名之列,此番經歷引發了我對經濟學的興趣。

除股票市場外,經濟學本質上涵蓋解決社會問題的過程:小成本大收益。為了增加實際經濟學經驗,我發起了線上“賓州東南地區投資會議”,旨在普及高中學生理財認知,我和團隊一起邀請來自商務、金融、管理和會計等領域的演講者分享職場經驗。藉助“聚焦”視頻渠道,我們為本校以及附近學區開設了多個場次,每位演講者通常先闡述20分鐘,接下來直入提問環節,以此推進嘉賓與學生的互動。同學們在好奇心的驅使下紛紛湧入我屏幕上聊天窗口前,說明他們渴望獲取理財知識。我希望憑藉較為紮實的經濟學基礎來擴大完善“賓州東南地區投資會議”,更多地幫助他人。

2019-09-08_Freakonomics-10001.JPG

Freakonomics (《魔鬼經濟學》09/08/2019)

Crosslink(相關博文):

12th Grade(高中四年級)

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>