簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
Special Talents (特殊才能)
送交者: 兒歌薈萃 2021年05月09日15:56:59 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2021-05-02

【Aiden in English】

〖Please indicate any special talents or skills you possess. You should write in either paragraph or bulleted-list format (250 words).〗

Creativity is difficult to achieve. I’d realized this at a young age, banging my head against the desk trying to overcome writer’s block; however, with time, I discovered the best method to break the creative slowdown is to force your pencil onto the paper, make something up, and go with it.

The beauty of this strategy unveiled itself at a recent, virtual Science Olympiad invitational. One of my events, Experimental Design, decided that the best procedure would be to list tools and materials rather than provide images. While this made it open for creativity, an event prioritizing the construction of a thorough experiment while not supplying detailed pictures did not seem reasonable.

My team awaited my instructions. Much like pushing through writer’s block, I decided to open myself to all options and make something up. I imagined sitting in front of a lab bench with a Bunsen burner, copper and aluminum sheets, metal tubing, tweezers, and safety gear lying in front of me. The theme for the event popped into my head: Thermal Expansion.

I was foreign to chemical physics, but creativity and problem-solving can be found in unexpected places. Through context clues, we designed an experiment that explored the relationship between an increase in temperature and the expansion of copper. Despite having little knowledge of molecular physics, our work on this experiment earned us a 1st place medal.

【紅霞譯文】

〖請註明你所擁有的特殊才華或技能,用段落或列表方式書寫(250 字)〗

創造力是很難實現的,我在很小的時候就已經意識到這一點,用頭撞桌子,試圖突破寫作筆障,但隨着時間流逝,我發現改變靈感呆滯的最佳方就法是拿起筆來胡編亂造,然後再從雜亂無章的字跡間整理文思。

在最近一次線上科學奧林匹克邀請賽中這種策略之美展現得淋漓盡致。我參加的活動之一“實驗設計”確定最佳步驟是列出方法和材料而非提供圖像,儘管這樣做可以激發創造力,但在沒有詳細圖片的情況下優先進行全面實驗似乎不合常理。

我的團隊正等待我下達指示,如同突破寫作筆障,我決定放飛遐思,然後再找到解決問題的辦法。我想象坐在實驗室台前,面對煤氣燈、銅鋁板、金屬管、鑷子和安全裝置,活動的主題突然浮現在腦海中:熱膨脹。

我不熟悉化學物理,只是無意間創造性地解決了問題。通過上下文線索,我們設計了一個探討升高溫度與銅膨脹關係的實驗,儘管對分子物理學了解甚少,但我們還是在該實驗比賽上摘得桂冠。

Crosslink(相關博文):

12th Grade(高中四年級)

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖