设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
再改直言和名城之英语,黑黑
送交者: 职老 2012年09月21日21:52:37 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

This forum is a place that people use English. If so, we talked as the way we think, a result from our logic and skill in language art, debate training, common sense, education background, social history and communicating interests. Thus, all of us are at a school-like group lesson, those who enjoy privileges of study for our own capability in sencondary native language, while, some are good teachers and some are bad students. Indeed, we are NOT writing a foreign language but we are become a part of it, a real English world rising from a kidhood. We are the kids, hei hei. 

I am all for using English at this forum. If we use English, we are more likely to be influenced by those masterful debaters whose theories we are relying on. We would be clearer about the definitions of terms used in our discussions. And we would be more careful with our logic and more rigorous about our arguments. We would soon be communicating with one another in more productive and meaningful ways if we survive the struggle of writing in a foreign language.

Sure we are all going to make mistakes. For this reason, I do not object to picking on others’ mistakes as long as it makes sense. Actually finding mistakes was a part of my job years ago when I was working for an online English journal. The key, I believe, is everyone had better show their own English writing before they pick on anyone else.

Wanna play the game? Put your money on the table first. That’s how it goes.

名城原文:

I fully support people to use English as well to communicate here. Using English, we naturally follow suit of those masters who laid the groundwork for different theories. In doing so we may not only better understand terms and meanings involved, but also follow logics and arguments therein more closely. More often than not, we find that we have reached some common ground indeed after we have successfully struggled in writing advanced English in debates.

Still, we all may make mistakes sometimes here and there. Therefore I don’t mind people to pick on other’s English as long as it makes sense. Actually that was a part of my job when I worked for an online journal in English years ago. But in order to prove you can cook good chicken as well, you will likely have to deliver your own masterpiece too.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2011: 今天联大将在纽约就巴勒斯坦建国申请举
2011: zt 网易辛亥百年系列:中医的危机