设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
安娜:诗歌 Be Thou My Vision(zt)
送交者: 安娜 2012年10月20日20:08:25 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话

Be Thou My Vision  is a traditional hymn from Ireland, It is popular among English-speaking churches around the world

The original Old Irish text, Rop tú mo Baile is often attributed to Dallán Forgaill in the 6th century.[1] An attribution given mostly by the Catholic Church. The text had been a part of Irish monastic tradition for centuries before its setting to the tune, therefore, before it became an actual hymn.[2]]

The music is the Irish folk song, Slane. Besides this general connection to Christianity, the folk song has little prior connection to the text. The two were first combined by Welsh composer David Evans in the 1927 edition of the Church of Scotland's Church Hymnary.

Lyric translate to English by Eleanor Hull, 1912; this version was popularised by virtue of its place in the English Hymnal

Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart,Be all else naught to me, save that thou art;Thou my best thought in the day and the night,Both waking and sleeping, thy presence my light.Be thou my wisdom, be thou my true word,Be thou ever with me, and I with thee Lord;Be thou my great Father, and I thy true son;Be thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.Be thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;Be thou my whole armour, be thou my true might;Be thou my soul's shelter, be thou my strong tower:O raise thou me heavenward, great Power of my power.Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise:Be thou mine inheritance now and always;Be thou and thou only the first in my heart;O Sovereign of Heaven, my treasure thou art.High King of Heaven, thou Heaven's bright sun,O grant me its joys after victory is won!;Great heart of my own heart, whatever befall,Still be my vision, O Ruler of all.
0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2011: 何許人:再过死荫幽谷(八)
2011: beiqian:ZT基督徒归天家是无比的荣耀