设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:阿飞的剑
万维读者网 > 茗香茶语 > 帖子
岳东晓要起诉网友,痴人说梦
送交者: 天文台 2011年09月20日15:03:48 于 [茗香茶语] 发送悄悄话

第一、需要万维合作。 如果万维只LOG网友的ACTIVITIES有限的期限,例如7天,那么所有的IP记录都消失。 这个情况下就是最高法院也无可奈何。 岳东晓他自己可以偷IP,但是那是非法得到的证据,不能被法院接受。 几位网友的言论都是几个月以前的,万维不会LOG如此长时间的ACTIVITIES。 而且万维也可以不合作。任何国家(中国除外)都没有一条法律规定网站必须LOG用户的ACTIVITIES,也没有规定要LOG多少天。 如果万维答应岳东晓的无理要求,那下一次另外一个网友一高兴也会找万维索取别的网友的IP,这么一来万维就要破产,不但名誉受损,也会为这一类的无理索求疲于奔命。 所以万维宁愿把LOGs做的很小,无法满足这种无理诉讼的索求,而不愿意满足岳贼的要求。 从岳贼立案到法院发出文件至少要几个月的时间。 很少有ISP会把LOGS保存这么长的时间。

第二、即便找到了IP,也要ISP合作,把IP在那个特殊期间的使用者的真实身份提供出来。 这就遇到和上面一样的难题: ISP会不会LOG这么长时间的ACTIVITIES? 即使他们这样做,也面临一个法律问题。 ISP一般不会为这么小的事情交出IP的,怕用户投诉或反诉,也怕失去客户。 每一个被岳东晓起诉的网友的ISP不是一样的,他要向数个ISP索取IP,难于上青天。

第三、如果网友是使用单位的网络上网发帖的,单位可以不合作。 因为他们没有必要提供这一类的信息。除非你是DHS。

第三、即使把网友找到了,法院要考虑究竟个别网友的语言造成了对岳的什么具体损失。 如果没有具体的损失,法院不会作为的。 就是法院有所作为,一般也就是勒令网民把原帖撤掉,并不会要谁赔偿损失的。

以下是有关这个方面的法律知识:

http://webreputationmanagement.net/blog/professional/118/internet-slander-libel-slander-and-defamation-explained.html

Internet Slander – Libel, Slander, and Defamation Explained
Posted on March 8, 2010 by Admin
Internet slander is on the rise, and with it, a lot of questions about what slander really is, and isn’t. So today we’re going to go over it as much as possible.

Now first, let me say that I’m not an attorney, nor do I claim to be. These explanations are what I understand to be true, but if you are considering a defamation case in a court of law you are going to want to consult an attorney that specializes in this area. This blog is about reputation management and our goal is to help people dealing with online slander.
Now, that being said, let’s get started:

Defamation: Also called Defamation of Character.

Spoken or written words (commentary) on a living person that affects his or her reputation. It can be in regard to business or have personal connotations. If a blog, website, or forum writes something negative about you that lowers your reputation, defamation has occurred. Both libel and slander are forms of defamation of character.

Now, in many stats I believe that you have to actually have suffered a financial loss in order to have cause for action, but once again you are going to want to consult a lawyer in order to determine whether or not you have a case.

Slander:

Slander is when someone says something negative about you, with spoken words. Internet libel is often confused with internet slander, but slander primarily means the spoken word. If I say something negative about you to all of my friends that hurts your business and is totally not true, this is slander.

Libel

Libel is the written word, as well as the recorded word. Ordinarily this includes radio and television broadcasts. If a reporter says something about you that is false, it is classified as libel. This also ordinarily includes written reviews on blogs and forums, as well as review websites.

Can you Sue for Internet Slander / Libel?

Yup, that’s the money question, right? Someone has slammed you online and you want to know if you can make them pay. The answer is maybe. Many product review websites, like Ripoff Report, My3Cents, Yelp, Complaints Board, and the rest are all protected by a law called The Communications Decency Act ( or “CDA,” : 47 USC 230), which completely protects website owners from being held libel for content created by their website users.

Could you possible sue the actual person that generated the content? Maybe, if you knew who they were. But website owners don’t have to divulge this information to you, nor do they have any responsibility to log any user info at all. So finding who to sue can be an issue when it comes to most the review sites.

Most of what I have read comes down to the 3 top questions a lawyer asks –

Do we have someone to sue?

Do we have a case?

Does that person have the means (money) to pay if we win?

Ability to pay probably being the biggest deciding factor of the three.

In some states, you have to actually prove a loss, because the court wants to restore you, or put you back where you would have been if the defamation had not occurred. They want to “make you whole.” In order to right the wrong that has been inflicted upon you. You are not supposed to get a windfall here, only correct the wrong that has been done.

In other states, they can out and out make a person pay. But again, it comes down to actually being able to collect a judgment that matters. Having a piece of paper saying you won a million dollars in a libel or slander suit means nothing if you never see the payment.

Does a person have a right to speak their opinion?

Absolutely, it’s a protected right that we hold dear, and constitutional. However, an opinion must remain an opinion and be stated as such. It can never contain specific facts that can later be proven untrue.

For example, I can say, “In my opinion, Bob is a terrible person.” But I can’t say, “Bob is a thief, I know he is”, if it’s not true and can be proven that it’s not true. This would fall under slander if I speak the words, libel if I write them (internet libel if it’s written on a blog or website). If Bob can prove that I’ve cost him money by my statement I could be in big trouble in court.

Can a person defend defamation in court?

Yup, with the cold, hard truth. Let’s face it, the truth hurts. If you sue someone for defamation (libel or slander) and they prove in court that what they said or wrote is true, you’re going to lose your case. Just because something is embarrassing or hurtful isn’t enough. If it’s true, you shouldn’t sue. You’ll only lose time and money and then ultimately, your case.

Can I remove internet slander / libel from offending websites?

Probably not, unless you can prove that the site owner wrote it and that it was untrue. If it was user generated they do not have to remove the content, nor disclose to you who wrote that content. It’s all protected by the CDA (Communications Decency Act) we mentioned before. Ripoff report and it’s clones have almost all stated that they will NEVER remove user generated content.

Why should they remove it? They are 100% protected by the CDA and the user generated content is the basis for their ugly, little business. Completely responsible for ALL of their web traffic.

Nope, they are never going to remove those reviews. But we can help. If you or your company are suffering from internet slander or online libel, please give our office a call at 800-818-6286 and let us show you how we can remove negative information from the first page of the search results.

http://internet-defamation-attorney.com/sue-for-defamation-internet/2011/03/

Can I Sue For Defamation On the Internet?
March 21st, 2011
Our clients often ask “Should I Sue For Defamation of Character” when they discover a post, comment, blog or other publication on the Internet which falsely harms their reputation.  Defamation if character on the Internet can cause serious damage and emotions often run high when you are falsely accused or attacked.  But the question of “Should I Sue for Defamation” is one you need to consider carefully with your attorney.  A defamation lawsuit is expensive and there are sometimes strategies which can remove the defamatory statement posted o the Internet without resorting to a lawsuit. Contact one of our defamation law attorneys for more information about your options and how we can help.  The first step is to get educated about your legal rights and options. Then you can decide how to proceed.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/457648/can_you_sue_for_defamation_of_character.html

Defamation of character is a legal term that is slung about quite often, especially now that the Internet has become so broad. The reality, however, is that most defamation cases hold little merit, and many are dismissed before they ever see the inside of a courtroom. To determine if you can sue for defamation of character, you must have a viable claim of either libel (written defamation) or slander (verbal defamation).

Are you a public figure?

It is extremely difficult for a public figure (celebrity, politician, etc.) to win a law suit for defamation of character. If you intentionally place yourself in the public spotlight, you must be able to prove not only that the statements made by the accused are false, but also that they intended malice when the statements were uttered or published. Very few people who read this article will fall into this category, so I'll get it out of the way now.

Have you lost income as a result of the statement?

In most cases, you can sue for defamation of character if you can prove that you've lost income as a result. This isn't the only requirement for a case, and there have been successful cases where the plaintiff didn't lose any money, but it will help if you can prove that your job was compromised because of the statement. For example, if someone tells your customers that you pad your hourly invoices when you don't, you could easily have a strong case.

Has your reputation been tarnished because of the statement?

Can You Sue for Defamation of Character?
How to Determine If You Have a Case
 Steve Thompson, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Nov 28, 2007 "Contribute content like this. Start Here."
.More: cam newton Obama john boehner macbook Brett Favre .tweet0PrintFlag Close
Post a comment The hallmark of a lawsuit for defamation of character is the damage to the victim's reputation. This is the main thing you will have to prove in court, and can take some doing if you don't have solid physical evidence. This isn't a situation where you just have to prove that it could tarnish your rep; you have to prove that it did, which is another ballgame entirely. Affidavits from the aforementioned customers, for example, would constitute proof that you lost business and faithful clients because of the statement.

Are you acting in a timely fashion?

All criminal and civil cases (except for murder) have a statute of limitations, which varies depending on jurisdiction. In order to be successful when you sue for defamation of character, you must act within the time allowed by law. For example, if the statute of limitations runs out in six months, you couldn't win if you brought the suit after a year has passed.

Can you prove that the statement was false?

The final leg of your defamation lawsuit is the nature of the statement itself. If someone runs around telling people that you evaded taxes for the last fifteen years, and the court discovers that this is true, you don't have the right to sue. You must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the statement was false, and that it damaged your reputation. If it's true, then you don't have a case at all, and you're better off letting the matter drop.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2010: 北京上海的房子还会上
2010: 上悠悠,看锵锵