设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
YMCA Camp─Renaissance Fair(基督教青年会营─文艺复兴节)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月04日08:36:22 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-07-31

Mt. Hope0001.JPG

Aiden in English

The Renaissance Fair reflects the medieval cultures in Mount Hope, PA. Women wore dresses that trailed behind them, while men did flashy suits in about any color with cool, fluffy (stiff) collars as I expected. But I had no idea that there was a Mud Comedy Show. It was totally all about the gross and disgustingness of a mixture made up of two basic ingredients: soil and H2O.

It turned out that there was a lot more than having a few actors play a show in a mud pit. It was them trying to get mud on us. Most of the kids were fine, but some weren't lucky.

As much as it was gross, my favorite part came out when a counselor from our camp took the mud test. She was asked to prove if the mud was real or not. First, she had to touch a chunk of mud. Then she gave it a sniff (and gagged). Finally, she wasn't doing it, so the actors called daredevils did. They shoved some of the gooey substance into their mouths. After a long mumbling inside, they spit it out. (Whew!)

I only got a few drops of mud during the performance and learned the show much more than mud. From now on, I declare that mud is greatest thing on my top 10 gross list.

【红霞译文】

宾州望山城举行的“文艺复兴节”集中表现中世纪文化,女士们身穿落地长裙,男士们西装革履,不仅色调迥异,酷劲十足,而且领花蓬松(坚立),与我想像的差不离。出乎意料的是泥人喜剧表演,泥土和水两种东西搅和在一起的混合物实在令人反胃。

泥人喜剧表演并非局限于几位演员呆在泥坑里现场表演,他们有意要把烂泥往观众身上泼,多数同伴躲闪及时,而有的则没有那么幸运。

恶心无庸赘述,叫我感兴趣的部分倒是来自夏令营本部的辅导员尝试泥巴,亲自验证泥巴到底是真的还是假的。她先用手触摸大块泥巴,然后再把鼻子插入泥中闻来闻去,最终未能坚持到底,只好由一帮号称“冒险家”的演员代替。他们将泥巴填进嘴里,经过慢慢咀嚼之后才吐了出来。(嘚!)

演出期间,我仅沾上些许泥巴,得以把更多精力投注在表演上而非这些稀巴烂的玩艺。从现在起,我宣布泥巴名列本人十大恶心东西排行榜榜首。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 同白兔网友关于科学哲学的对话