簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:諍友
萬維讀者網 > 教育學術 > 帖子
看南開大學新任院長有感
送交者: kboring 2007年03月16日15:02:01 於 [教育學術] 發送悄悄話

看南開大學新任院長有感
kboring

It is a bit unfortunate to see that China is still recruiting such inexperienced investigator to run key operation.

Xiang, Rong is listed as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Immunology in the Scripp. However, he does not seem to be independent. I don’t see how a person without such experience could run any medical school in this world in the capacity of Dean. Judging from his publication, I will say that he is a mediocre postdoctoral fellow in the top institutions of US and must be promoted internally without vigorous competition.

As most of you may know, the Scripp is one of very few US institutes which still keep old Germany education system: A senior professor is allowed to run a large lab or department with “dependent” junior faculty under him/her. Junior faculty does/do not have own research direction and usually do not have their own funding but are largely dependent on the funding from the institute or from senor professor. Xiang, Rong is dependent on Ralph Reisfeld, a senior professor. In this context, it will not be surprise to see that most of Xiang, Rong’s paper has Reisfeld’s name as senior author. It will also not surprise that Reisfeld lists Xiang, Rong as his lab member (http://www.scripps.edu/imm/reisfeld/person.htm). I did not investigate but I am sure that Xiang, Rong does not have significant funding to be independent.

When I say it is unfortunate to see this, I don’t have my personal feeling attached. My intention is not to attack him personally. The issue here is that China is still not capable of recruiting true leaders in each field to run top notch operation. My purpose is to use this as an example to say that China’s research is booming but it still has a long way.

News

南開大學新任醫學院院長 中國博士 Scripps研究所助理教授

向 榮 男, 1958年3月14日生,教授,博士生導師
工作單位:重慶醫科大學第二臨床學院
重慶醫科大學病毒性肝炎研究所
省部共建感染性疾病分子生物學教育部重點實驗室
工作地址:重慶市渝中區臨江路76號
Email: r_xiang@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

■ 主要學歷
1989.07-1992.07 上海第二醫科大學細胞生物學與實驗核醫學系,獲醫學科學博士學位(Ph.D. Degree)
1986.07-1989.07 重慶醫科大學臨床生物化學專業,獲碩士學位
1978.02-1982.02 重慶醫科大學,獲學士學位
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

■ 主要工作經歷
2004.7至今 重慶醫科大學第二臨床學院 教授 博士生導師
重慶醫科大學病毒性肝炎研究所
省部共建感染性疾病分子生物學教育部重點實驗室
2001.5-2004.6 美國Scripps研究中心免疫系,Assistant Professor
1999.5-2001.5 美國Scripps研究中心免疫系資深博士後
1996.5-1999.5 美國Scripps研究中心免疫系博士後
1992.7-1996.5 上海醫科大學 助教、副教授

■ 榮譽和獎勵
2001 獲92屆全美腫瘤年會傑出青年科學家獎(AACR-Ortho-Janssen Scholar awarded by the American Association for Cancer Research, Inc.)
1992 無藥鹼對β-腎上腺素受體作用的研究,獲中華人民共和國衛生部的獎勵

■ 學術兼職
2000-至今 美國免疫學會會員
1996-至今 美國腫瘤協會會員
1992-1996 中國免疫學會會員
1984-1996 中國生物化學學會會員

■ 主要研究方向:腫瘤免疫治療研究
■ 主要學術成績
向榮博士曾為重慶醫科大學優秀的學士和碩士畢業生,在上海第二醫科大學獲得博士學位後,曾任上海醫科大學免疫系助教,副教授及系副主任等職。1996年起在世界著名的醫學研究中心-Scripps Research Institute從事基因疫苗抗腫瘤免疫的研究,並進行了大量的具有開創性的研究工作,共有數十篇論文發表在PNAS、CANCER RESEARCH以及Journal of Immunology等世界權威雜誌上。由於在腫瘤研究領域傑出的工作成就,在2001年第92屆全美腫瘤年會上被授予傑出青年科學家稱號,並由大會執行主席Dr.Foti親授證書。2004年7月回重慶醫科大學病毒性肝炎研究所/省部共建感染性疾病分子生物學教育部重點實驗室工作。在國外期間所做的有開創性的工作主要在以下三個方面:(1)構建基因工程抗體細胞因子(KS 1/4-IL-2)融合蛋白,並進行了一系列抗直腸癌、肝癌的體內外動物實驗,以及相關的腫瘤生物學,免疫學機理的研究。該工作已在美國進入一期臨床實驗。(2)創建了以腫瘤和CD40三聚體配基融合蛋白為基礎的抗消化道腫瘤的裸DNA疫苗。(3)建立並提出了腫瘤疫苗的新概念,即通過DNA疫苗誘導新生腫瘤血管內皮細胞的程序性死亡和細胞毒T細胞的抗瘤效應。 回國後,開展肝癌、乳腺癌的DNA治療性疫苗和腫瘤分子標誌物研究,先後承擔2項國家自然科學基金,參加任紅教授博士生課題組,指導博士生8人。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2006: 哈佛大學校長辭職始末
2006: 哈佛校長栽倒在俄羅斯項目上?