里 根 如 是 說
送交者: Viewer 2011年02月09日13:33:46 於 [史地人物] 發送悄悄話

九喻翻譯:里根如是說

http://standardfreepress.com/blog/?p=4119

By 魯克

Words of Wisdom from the Old Gipper里根如是說
里根如是說

作者:里根 翻譯:九喻

“We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.” - Ronald Reagan
永遠銘記,引以為傲,時刻準備–我們才得永保自由

“Here’s my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.” - Ronald Reagan
對於冷戰,我的策略是:我們贏,他們輸。

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” - Ronald Reagan
英文裡最恐怖的句子是:我是政府派來的,我到這裡來幫助你。

“Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don’t have that problem.” - Ronald Reagan
有些人一輩子都在思考他們是否改變了世界。真正改變了這個世界的海軍陸戰隊員倒沒有這個問題。

“The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant: It’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.” - Ronald Reagan
左翼自由派朋友的問題不是他們太無知,而是他們知道太多,可惜都是錯的。

“Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong.” - Ronald Reagan
我一生經歷的四場戰爭里,沒有一個是因為美國太強大而爆發的。

“I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.” - Ronald Reagan
我經常有這個念頭:如果摩西把十誡提交國會審議,它們會變成什麼樣子?

“The taxpayer: That’s someone who works for the federal government but doesn’t have to take the civil service examination.” - Ronald Reagan
納稅人,就是那些為聯邦政府服務但是不必參加公民服務考試的人。

“Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.” - Ronald Reagan
政府就像嬰孩:食道的一頭胃口很好,另一頭卻一點責任都不負。

“If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” - Ronald Reagan
一旦忘記了我們國家之上還有上帝,那麼我們國家就會真的往下走。

“The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.” - Ronald Reagan
政府項目是我們在地球上看到的最不容易死的東西。

“I’ve laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it’s in the middle of a Cabinet meeting.” - Ronald Reagan
我對你們每個人的要求是:無論發生什麼事,無論什麼時間,馬上叫醒我,即使我正在參加內閣會議。

“It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.” - Ronald Reagan
人們說政治是第二古老的職業,我發現它和第一古老的職業(賣淫)有驚人的相似之處。

“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” - Ronald Reagan
政府對經濟的做法可以總結為幾句話:如果經濟增長,徵稅。如果經濟繼續增長,制定規章限制它。如果經濟停止增長,補貼它。

“Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.” - Ronald Reagan
政治不是個壞職業。如果你成功,會有很多獎勵,即使丟人現眼,你依然可以寫本書。

“No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan
世界上沒有任何兵工廠,或者兵工廠里的任何武器,比自由男女的意願和道德勇氣更有威力。

“Our coins bear the words ‘In God We Trust.’ We take the oath of office asking his help in keeping that oath. And we proclaim that we are a Nation under God when we pledge allegiance to the flag.
But we can’t mention his name in a public school or even sing religious hymns that are non-denominational. Christmas can be celebrated in the school room with pine trees, tinsel and reindeers but
there must be no mention of the Man whose birthday is being celebrated. One wonders how a teacher would answer if a student asked why it was called Christmas.” - Ronald Reagan
硬幣上鑄着“我們信靠上帝”。我們就職宣誓的時候請求他幫助我們信守誓言。我們對着國旗宣布美國在上帝之下。但是我們不能在公立學校提起上帝,或者唱沒有教派色彩的宗教歌曲。在教室里,可以用聖誕樹、錫箔裝
飾和馴鹿來慶祝聖誕節,卻絕對不能提及那個出生日被紀念的人。人們不禁想知道:如果一個學生問為什麼這一天叫聖誕節,老師會怎麼回答。

“The men of Normandy had faith that what they were doing was right, faith that they fought for all humanity, faith that a just God would grant them mercy on this beachhead or on the next. It was
the deep knowledge — and pray God we have not lost it — that there is a profound, moral difference between the use of force for liberation and the use of force for conquest. You were here to liberate,
not to conquer, and so you and those others did not doubt your cause. And you were right not to doubt.

You all knew that some things are worth dying for. One’s country is worth dying for, and democracy is worth dying for, because it’s the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.”
- Ronald Reagan, 40th anniversary of the D-Day invasion at Normandy, France

參與諾曼底登陸的士兵有這樣的信仰–他們所做的是對的,他們在為人類戰鬥,公正的上帝會在這個海灘或那個海灘施下憐憫。我們深深的了解–祈求上帝不 要讓我們忘記這一點–用武力解放其他人和用武力征服其他人有本質的道德上的區別。你們曾經在這裡參與解放,而不是征服,因此你們大家沒有懷疑戰爭的目的。 你們正確的沒有懷疑。

你們都已經知道,有些事情值得為之獻身。國家值得獻身,民主也值得獻身,因為它是人能設計出來的最有尊嚴的政府形式。(諾曼底登陸40周年紀念日,於法國)

英文原文:Words of Wisdom from the Old Gipper
“Baxter County Republicans”網站整理
http://www.baxtercountyrepublicans.com/reagan.html

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖