設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
Christmas Eve Celebration @ CGCC(神州基督教會平安夜)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年05月11日07:54:25 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2015-12-24

Aiden in English

A family tradition means it happens every year. I wish that definition would change and say not ‘every’ but ‘sometimes’. This year, another family tradition on Christmas Eve was set to China Grace Christian Church (CGCC). As usual, it was going to be another tradition for me.

It wasn’t just me that thought it was going to be a similar performance to last year. The Church program had a bunch of shows, nativity skit, music offering, prayers, hymns, and anything that is related to God. Most of my friends all were prepared if they weren’t performing. Obviously, phones had horrible battery life. Screw Apple! With the night just starting, one of my buds was already relying on my iPad for fun and the ability to stay awake. I wasn’t quite used to the dim lights in the nave which fit the occasion but to keep my friends alive, I had played some games on my iPad from time to time, and even that was limited since there apparently had to be no Wi-Fi available. So, it was the regular, old-fashion Angry Birds. Of course, I happened to attract a crowd of youngsters. Two kids that sat in front of me had their backs turned on the stage to watch us. Whenever the show had us stand to hymn, one of them would always stare back at us.

The show every year revolved around the same idea. We talked about how Jesus Christ was born on Christmas and sang the same songs as they did every year. The first few years were cool, but since I didn’t perform, I got tired extremely of them fairly quickly. As for the next four years, I starred in two shows, if you counted five-minute performances a show. Except for those years, I felt quite lame although I messed up a lot on both performances. This year, sitting with my friends, it wasn’t so fun since the trio I was regularly with was missing a person, and we were forced to stay in the auditorium. For Thanksgiving in the last month, we even were allowed to play Manhunt outside. After that event, my friend’s mom made sure we were always in the light of the church. Next year, I’m totally ditching him.

Every year the best part of the Christmas celebration was the potluck food. However, the annual dinner is not annual anymore. So, my favorite part of the night is now poof! Disappeared. Yeah, yeah, you might say Aiden, you’re so fat! Well, actually, the virus I just got over eliminated 15 pounds/6.8 kg of fat, and my stomach shrunk to the size of a walnut. Like I couldn’t even eat a slice pizza, I was always starving coming into every meal. At least there’s still dessert after the celebration.

Christmas is a time for fun, sports games, and giving. Well, this year is the same as ever. We say all these things, but how many of those actually come true? Heck, I have hardly gotten a Christmas present from Santa Claus for two years now! At least the NBA games are nice.

【紅霞譯文】

家庭傳統涵蓋歲時節俗,我反倒情願這種定義有所更新,與其年年往復,不如時而進行。今年又一個家庭傳統首推賓州神州基督教會平安夜,對我而言,這將是又一個踵事增華的家庭傳統。

並非我一個人認為今年的節目與去年的表演大相徑庭,教堂安排了許多才藝表演、聖誕小品、兒童獻詩、經書禱告、崇拜唱詩以及其它與神靈有關的慶祝活動,所有朋友早已做好演出以外的各項準備。顯然手機電池太不給力,“蘋果產品”實在可氣!隨着夜幕降臨,其中一位哥們的雅興與神志狀態完全取決於我手中的iPad,再說我自己也不習慣主廳內微弱的燈光,無疑這種設計對教堂恰到好處,欲求這些年紀輕輕的同伴保持頭腦清醒,若不間斷地調動iPad發揮奇功談何容易,然而凡事都有兩面性,因為教堂沒有無線上網,我只好順手拈來那款玩得爛熟的益智遊戲《憤怒的小鳥》,無意之間吸引了一大群小不點們的注意力,前排兩位毛孩索性掉過身來背對舞台,每當全場起立唱詩,他倆當中的一位照樣死盯着我們後排不放。

每年慶祝活動都圍繞同一主題進行,大家暢談聖誕節耶穌誕辰,反覆吟唱讚美頌歌。開頭若干年叫人耳目一新,我因不參與表演,所以在整個過程中極易犯困。接下來四年,我先後兩度獻藝,每次露面僅有五分鐘而已,其實不登台便罷,如若上場免不了洋相百出。今年我跟朋友並排而坐,感覺少了點什麼,原來我們三俠客當中有一員無故缺席,況且大家必須留守大廳,不像上個月感恩節允許外出放風客串“俠盜獵魔”,打那以後,朋友的媽媽再三叮囑我們嚴守教規,看來明年我得離他遠點。

以往每次聖誕聯歡最搶眼的當屬各家自備的拿手菜餚,然而從現在開始,節日聚餐已成為過去式,我所熱衷的食品“噗”的一聲!消失得無影無蹤。是也好,不是也罷,有人或許會說:“兒歌,你這麼胖!”實際上,最近由於罹患病毒感染,我已狂甩15磅/13.6斤肥膘,胃口也縮到核桃大小,以至於強塞不進一片比薩餅,難怪每到吃飯的時候我肚子總是飢腸轆轆,幸虧慶典結束之後尚有甜點宵夜可供我打打牙祭。

聖誕節的到來拉開了娛樂、球賽以及奉獻之序幕,今年將一如既往,人們往往信誓旦旦,然而究竟有多少夢想成真?哎喲,迄今我已連續兩年未收到聖誕老人的節日禮物!好在美職籃伴我度過美好時光。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2019: ------------------------------------
2019: 劉鶴該給川爺和美國貿易代表播放這個