送交者: lesson 2011年07月10日12:07:45 於 [天下論壇] 發送悄悄話
美網民聲援海地拒收孟山都奪命糧種
作者:weili 文章發於:新浪博客 點擊數: 2282 更新時間:2011-7-10
【字體:
【複製本文】 【下載本文】

方舟子孟山都的神秘背景要徹查(摘錄)

weili

編劇趙華按語:

2010年5月,美國轉基因糧種巨頭孟山都向海地地震災區捐贈了幾百噸“專利雜交種子”、化肥和農藥。但海地農民認為這是孟山都公司為將其“不育系”雜交糧種產品打入海地市場並留下“轉基因”毒種“後門”的邪惡圖謀。最初孟山都計劃“慷慨”捐贈的是抗“草甘磷”轉基因玉米種子,但遭到海地農業部斷然拒絕。為了維護本國糧食主權,海地農民遊行抗議孟山都“奪命糧種”的“捐贈式”入侵,並象徵性燒毀了一些孟山都捐贈的專利雜交玉米種子。一個擁有20萬會員的全國聯盟鼓勵海地農民燒光已分發的孟山都種子,呼籲本國政府拒絕更多孟山都糧種。海地農民拒絕孟山都“奪命糧種”的舉動,獲得了美國網民的聲援,並批駁了孟山都公司及其槍手“水軍”的無恥狡辯,很值得我們中國人深思。

海地農民拒絕孟山都地震賑災捐贈並焚燒轉基因種子  

Haitian Farmers Reject Monsanto Earthquake Relief Donation and Burn GMO Seeds

Monday, July 19, 2010 by: Tony Isaacs, citizen journalist (托尼.艾薩克斯,公民記者,2010年7月19日,星期一) 

http://www.naturalnews.com/029222_GMOs_Haiti.html  

(自然新聞網)孟山都向海地地震災區捐贈了幾百噸專利雜交種子、化肥和農藥,但許多人認為這是一次為了將其產品打入新市場並留下後門的圖謀。最初,孟山都計劃捐贈抗“草甘磷” 轉基因玉米種子,但遭到海地農業部的拒絕。雖然孟山都把捐款說成是為賑災盡一份力量,但其“慷慨”卻遭到質疑並被斷然拒絕。(NaturalNews) In what many believe to be an attempt to backdoor its products into a new market, Monsanto has donated hundreds of tons of patented hybrid seeds, fertilizers and pesticides to earthquake stricken Haiti. Initially, Monsanto planned to donate GMO "Roundup ready" seeds, but that offer was rejected by Haiti's Ministry of Agriculture. Though Monsanto termed their donation an effort to help provide earthquake relief, Monsanto's "generosity" is being met with skepticism and outright rejection.

上個月,一萬農民遊行抗議孟山都,一組小農戶在以農業為主的安什鎮中心廣場象徵性地燒毀了一些雜交玉米種子。一個有20萬會員的全國聯盟鼓勵海地農民燒光已分發的孟山都種子,並呼籲該國政府拒絕更多(孟山都的)貨品。

Last month, 10,000 farmers marched in protest against Monsanto and a group of small farmers burned a symbolic quantity of hybrid corn seed in the central square of the agricultural town of Hinche. A 200,000-member national coalition is encouraging Haiti farmers to burn all Monsanto seeds already distributed, and has called on the government to reject additional shipments.  

農民領袖查萬斯.讓巴蒂斯特對“新聞通訊社”記者說:農民們要保留傳統的“尊重環境並抵抗退化的的有機農業。我們保護本土種子並捍衛農民們使用土地的權力”。讓巴蒂斯特還說:“反擊雜交和轉基因種子對拯救我們的產品多樣性和我們的農業至關重要”,並堅持認為,“郡里有權制定自己的農業政策,種田要先為家庭,再為當地市場,並按照尊重環境和地球母親的方式種植健康農產品”。

Peasant leader Chavannes Jean-Baptiste told IPS News: Farmers want to preserve their traditional "organic agriculture that respects the environment and fights against its degradation. We defend native seeds and the rights of peasants on their land." Jean-Batiste also said "Fighting hybrid and GMO seeds is critical to save our diversity and our agriculture" and maintained that a "county has a right to define its own agricultural policies, to grow first for the family and then for local market, to grow healthy food in a way which respects the environment and Mother Earth."  

另一位農夫說:“種子和水是人類的共同遺產。”

Another peasant farmer stated, "Seeds and water are the common patrimony of humanity."

“全球研究”稱孟山都最初捐贈的475噸種子和化學品是“新地震”和“奪命禮品”。 

Global Research called Monsanto's initial donation of 475 tons of hybrid seeds and chemicals a "new earthquake" and "deadly gift".  

孟山都捐贈給海地的的玉米種子已用殺真菌劑Maxim XO處理過,而卡利普索番茄種子則用福美雙處理過。福美雙是一種劇毒化學品,環保局審定為高危險級,現在規定農業工人必須穿防護服才能使用。

The corn seeds Monsanto donated to Haiti have been treated with the fungicide Maxim XO, while the calypso tomato seeds were treated with Thiram. Thiram is a highly toxic chemical which the EPA examined and deemed to be so dangerous that agricultural workers are now mandated to wear protective clothing when handling them.  

眾所周知,跨國巨頭種子公司孟山都的轉基因和雜交種子政策一貫咄咄逼人,其另一個名聲是恐嚇、起訴農民和小農業公司,聲稱他們違約和侵犯專利,包括土地受到鄰近地里轉基因作物花粉污染的農民,或者上年所留種子自動發芽的農民。 截止2007年,孟山都僅在美國通過打官司就賺了2150萬美元

Multinational seed giant Monsanto is known around the world for its aggressive GMO and hybrid policies. It is also known for intimidating and suing farmers and small agricultural companies it claims have violated its contracts and patents, including farmers whose fields have been contaminated by pollen from adjacent genetically engineered crops or who have had voluntary seed sprout from a previous year's crop. By 2007 Monsanto had already collected over $21.5 million in judgments in the U.S. alone.  

孟山都臭名昭著的事情還有他們的劇毒除草劑“橙劑”造成的死亡和健康問題,讓許多老年人染上了癌症。 越南政府說使用“橙劑”導致他們有400000人死亡或者殘廢, 500000兒童天生缺陷。(譯者忍不住插嘴:這個美國記者與方舟子和國內主流媒體以及喪盡天良的專家學者們有一拼啊,明知是美國政府和美軍在越戰期間的反人類犯罪行為,卻隻字不提,諸位在哪裡見過方舟子和國內主流媒體以及喪盡天良的專家學者們說轉基因有害了?)

Monsanto is also infamously known for the deaths and health problems resulting from its highly toxic herbicide product Agent Orange, which caused cancer in large numbers of U.S. Veterans. The Vietnamese government claims that 400,000 of their citizens died or were disabled and 500,000 children were born with birth defects as a result of Agent Orange.  

雖然孟山都說種子是捐贈的,但明眼人不難看出,一旦農民上鈎,他們作為唯一的供貨商必將財源滾滾而來,他們這一招在世界其他地方屢試不爽 - 最得計的是在美國和加拿大。一旦引種孟山都的種子,他們也常常從銷售化肥、農藥和除草劑中大賺其錢,這些產品的需求量一般都隨着種子使用量的增加而增加。   

While Monsanto is calling the seeds a donation, it isn't hard to see how the company will benefit by getting farmers hooked on a need that only it can supply, as it has done elsewhere around the world - most notably in the U.S. and Canada. Once Monsantos seeds are introduced, they often also profit from sales of their fertilizer, pesticides and herbicides, whose demand usually increases in proportion to the use of its seeds.  

巨頭種子公司孟山都、先正達、杜邦、拜耳控制了世界上超過一半的種子專利。孟山都的種子專利近650種,其中大部分是棉花、玉米和大豆種子專利。該公司還擁有世界上所有生物技術研發項目30%的股份

Seed company giants Monsanto, Syngenta, Dupont and Bayer control more than half of the world's seed patents. Monsanto has almost 650 seed patents, most of which are for cotton, corn, and soy. The company also owns almost 30 percent of the share of all the world's biotechnology research and development.  

世界上最大的農民聯合會,農民之路,稱孟山都是“各國人民可持續農業和糧食主權的主要敵人之一”。

The world's largest confederation of farmers, Via Campesina, has called Monsanto one of the "principal enemies of peasant sustainable agriculture and food sovereignty for all peoples."  

美國網民聲援海地農民痛斥孟山都及其轉基因 (選自3個網站): 

1 ZedeZ Wed,  08/04/2010  - 4:21pm   

海地幹得好啊!  

祝賀他們公開反對有史以來的最邪惡黑手黨!!!這些奪命種子的唯一目的:通過誘發疾病和癌症控制人口數量,現在正發生在南美洲和美國。美國農民在做什麼?什麼也沒做,他們為了$$$而合作。  

GOOD for HAITI!!!  

Congratulations for speaking out against the most EVIL MAFIA of all times!!!  

These DeathSeeds are for one and only purpose: to control the population, by causing illnesses and cancer. It's happening now in south america, and usa.  

So what american farmers do ??? nothing. they co-operate for $$$  

2 Judyssmile Wed,  08/04/2010  - 5:27pm   

轉基因農業是危害這個星球上空前絕後的最大災難!我們已經吃進了、喝進了超量的農藥。只要稍作調查的人都知道農藥會導致癌症和其他疾病。但政客們不聽我們的聲音!他們為大公司服務。我們必須打擊他們的利益錢包。雖然我們美國公眾成了豚鼠,似乎沒權利去貼(轉基因)標籤,以便做出我們自己的選擇,但我們可以拒絕購買玉米、大豆、甜菜糖、菜籽油和棉籽油。我正在寫信給本州的蒙大納小麥有限公司,因為它們還沒有被污染。我感謝他們還是非轉基因公司;我會把調查中找到的很多信息發送給他們。孟都山把農民看成是無知的狗。他們欺騙農民種植被他們破壞的種子,進而必須購買他們有毒的除草劑。我們必須教育人民。人多力量大。政客們(至少他們大多數)似乎麻木不仁!我一吃任何含轉基因的食品就出現可怕的反應。當你知道你吃的是什麼以後就不足為怪了。  

GMO farming is the worst--the very worst disaster ---to ever hit this planet! We are already eating and drinking more than enough pesticides. Anyone who has done any research at all knows that pesticides increase cancer and other diseases. Our politicians will NOT listen to us! They serve the big corporations.  

We must hit them in the wallet. Even though we, the American public, are guinea pigs with seemingly no right to labeling so we can make our own choices, we can still refuse to buy the corn, the soy, the sugar beet sugar, canola, and cottonseed oil. 

I am writing to Montana Wheat Co. in my state because they are not polluted yet. I am thanking them for being a non-GMO company; and I am sending them lots of information that I have found through my research. Monsanto treats farmers like they are ignorant dogs. They deceive them into planting their corrupted seeds which require their poisonous herbicides. we must educate people. Power is in numbers. The politicians (at least most of them) don't seem to give a damn! I get terrible reactions when I eat anything containing GMOs. No wonder when you learn what you are eating!   

3 Steve Wed,  08/04/2010  - 7:20pm   

哇!!!聽起來像是個販毒集團!!!!!  

控制並分發毒品卻不管帶來的傷害。  

他們對食物、環境和人們身體健康的所作所為是一種犯罪!!!!!  

“化學讓生活更美好”……胡說八道!!!!!  

產生毒性的正是化學品,造成傷害的正是毒性。植物吸收了毒性,人再把毒性吃下去。  

哦,好極了!!!現在我不得不買一個食物過濾器!!!!!!  

而且要命的是,你可能擺脫不了美國這些種子集團公司的轉基因產品!!!!!我以前認為轉基因的整個構想是讓植物減少對化肥和農藥的依賴,首要的是變得更強壯更有抵抗力!!!!!!!!  

然而,他們的轉基因種子越來越多地要使用化肥和農藥?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?他們說的強化食品純屬無稽之談,實際上是在消弱食品!!!!!!!!!

讓食品更加依賴化肥和農藥……他們的專利種子必須施用他們的專利化肥和農藥!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 全球品牌!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!哇!!!!!!!!!!!!!

環保局必須禁止他們這些破爛玩意兒!!!!!這是很禮貌的說法了!!!

Wow!!!  

It sounds like a DRUG CARTEL!!!!!  

Control and distribute the drug regardless of harm.  

It is a CRIME what they are doing to food, the environment, and PEOPLE'S HEALTH!!!!!  

"Better Living through Chemistry"......NOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!  

It is the chemicals that are causing the toxicity. It is toxicity that is harmful. The plants absorb that and then you eat it!!!!!  

Oh, Great!!! Now I have to buy a FOOD FILTER!!!!!!  

And the Hell of it is that you can probably NOT get away from these genetically modified products from these Seed Syndicate companies here in the USA!!!!!  

I thought the whole idea behind GMO was to make the plant LESS dependant on fertilizer and pesticides, by making it stronger and more resistant in the first place!!!!!!!!   

And yet they give more and more F & P's with their GMO SEEDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  

Does not make sense that they are strengthening the food, but at ACTUALLY WEAKENING IT!!!!!!!!! Making it more dependent on F & P's.....THEIR PATENTED F & P's for THEIR PATENTED GMO SEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

GLOBAL BRANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

THE EPA NEEDS TO JUST BAN THEIR CRAP!!!!! And that is the polite word!!!  

4 Todd Thu,  08/05/2010  - 12:02am   

對不起,他娘的?

環保局的“保“字不是“保護”的意思嗎?

他媽的誰在保護我們啊?

環保局多年來一直只保護大企業,而不是他們理應保護的人民大眾

食品藥品局、環保局、農業部都是騙子,因為他們只為公司利益服務,而不是公眾利益。現在站起來發出自己的聲音吧!讓我們的政府為我們工作!畢竟,是我們支付他們的工資,不是嗎?

Excuse me, but WTF?  

Isn't the "P" in in EPA supposed to stand for PROTECTION?  

Where the freakin' hell is our protection?  

The EPA is and has been for years protecting only big business instead of the the PUBLIC whom they were implemented to protect.  

FDA, EPA, USDA, are all a sham because they are solely serving corporate interests over the public interest. Stand up now and be heard ! Let's make our government work for us ! After all, we pay their salaries, don't we?  

5 Tosca Z Thu,  08/05/2010  - 4:48am   

為海地農民歡呼。不像美國大部分農民,他們很明顯已經研究過了,知道轉基因只是西方某些公司控制世界糧食供應的鬼把戲。

孟山都把他們有毒的“捐贈”謊說成是想幫助海地,太無恥了。孟山都靠剝削貧困人們並攫取控制權,太無恥了。

孟山都以及其他侵害我們多樣性和自由選擇權的跨國公司,太無恥了。我為你們的子孫感到羞愧,因為他們沒有意識到他們微不足道的舒適生活是建立在幾百萬其他孩子們的苦難、貧窮和飢餓之上的。我為他們感到羞愧,直到有一天他們意識到他們的同胞被迫吞食有毒食品是因為你們的貪婪

政客們要不要做點什麼阻止轉基因食品?當然應該。 但他們大多數都有染指牟利大餅,就像他們染指醫藥大餅和軍火大餅一樣。別想在這些方面求助。

倒是我們要採取行動,投下有意義的選票,支持那些非轉基因的工業和農場。倒是我們要為健康食品多付點錢,以便更多的農民和小商店通過給我們供貨可以過上體面的生活

Bravo to those Haitian farmers. Unlike most of our farmers, they've obviously done their research, and know that GM food is just another way for certain Western companies to control the world food supply.  

Shame on Monsanto for pretending that their toxic 'donation' was intended to help Haiti. Shame on Monsanto of exploiting the hardship and poverty of others to grab control.  

Shame on you and the other multinationals who are eroding our diversity and free choice. I feel ashamed for your children and grandchildren who do not realise that their comfortable little lives are built on the misery, poverty and hunger of millions of other little children. I feel ashamed for them when one day they realise that their own countrymen are being fed toxic food because of your greed.  

Should politicians do anything to stop GM foods? Of course they should. But most of them probably have fingers in the profit-making pie, as they do in the big profitable pharmaceutical pie and the armaments pie. Don't look for help there.  

It's up to us to demand action, to put our votes where they count, to support GM free industries and farms. It's up to us to be willing to pay a little more for healthy food, so that more farmers and small grocers can make a decent living providing it for us.  

6 Anonymous Thu,  08/05/2010  - 2:46pm   

沒錯,到目前為止,海地方面形勢大好,轉基因種子似乎是他們最不用擔心的。 

Right, things have worked so well for Haiti so far. GM seeds seem to be the least of their worries.  

7 Wheaton Thu,  08/05/2010  - 4:53pm   

呃,6樓這位,我確信這差不多是要害問題。海地的情況很糟糕,在苦難和動亂之中。孟山都這個魔鬼企圖乘人之危牟利。為那些深陷重大災難卻勇於為保持尊嚴和傳統生活抗爭的農民們歡呼,更不用說阻止這些有毒作物的蔓延了。 

Uhh Anonymous 6 I do believe that was kinda the point. Conditions are terrible in Haiti and in the midst of the hardship and turmoil the evil that is Monsanto is trying to take advantage. Cheers to the farmers who even in the face of this trajedy are fighting to maintain their identity and traditional way of life. Not to mention keeping those toxic crops from spreading.  

nmcd72 7/21   

孟都山公司是所有人的敵人。  

Monsanto is everyone's enemy!  

ThomasW 7/21   

孟山都是奪命鬼,而他們卻樂此不疲,噁心啊!!!!! 

Monsanto spells DEATH and their happy with that designation....sick!!!!!  

renee 7/21  

鑑於他們還要忍受如此巨大的困難,這需要多大的勇氣啊。6個月後看了CNN報道他們的特別節目,什麼都沒變好。美國承諾的美鈔依然無影無蹤,醫院關着門或者無人,他們一切照舊。Sean Penn值得誇獎,他在那裡一呆就是幾個月,提供救助,建起了一個醫院,等等。孟山都真是無恥之尤!!!!貪得無厭!!!!!!!!  

what great courage given that they are still enduring such great diffaculty. watched the cnn special on them 6 mths later, nothings gotten better. the promised US $'s, still havent shown up, the hospitols are closing or empty. they are still in the exact place they were, kudo's to Sean Penn, who's there and has been for months, helping, setting up a hospital, etc. HUGE SHAME ON MOSANTO!!!! greed!!!!!!!!   

nmcd72 7/21   

是啊,我也喜歡Sean Penn和Oliver Stone對烏戈.查韋斯的評價。我們的洗腦媒體把查韋斯描繪成一個壞蛋,而實際上他是個好人,主流媒體都是謊言製造機。  

Yeah, I like what Sean Penn and Oliver Stone have said about Hugo Chavez as well. Our brainwashing media make Chavez out to be the bad guy, when really he is the good guy. Mainstream Media is a lying machine.  

D. 7/21   

海地的一些農民怎麼會知道孟山都和他們被投毒的種子呢?老天,就在我們腳下的美國卻有一半或者更多的人不知道 – 而你告訴他們,他們還不相信。 如果你要問我,這聽起來象是異想天開。  

How would a bunch of Haitian farmers even know about Monsanto and their drugged up seeds? Hell, half or more of the people right here in American don't know it -- and when told, they don't believe it. This sounds more like wishful thinking if you ask me.  

nmcd72 7/21   

很多很多事情全世界都知道,就是美國人不知道。  

Americans don't know A LOT of things that the rest of the world knows.   

Gary C 7/20   

想想這個骯髒齷齪的劊子手孟山都吧!是讓大化學公司、大銀行、大醫藥公司、大石油公司、大政府和其他歪門邪道的大大們老老實實的時候了,或者讓他們完蛋!他們都在毀滅這個偉大的國家。  

Take that you dirty rotten murderous Monsanto! it's time to put Big Chemical, Big Ag, Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Government and the rest of the crooked Bigs back in their place or Out-of-Business! they ALL are ruining this Great country.   

naturerocks 7/21   

真精彩啊!要是世界其他地方的人也這麼做就好了

FANTASTIC! now IF ONLY PEOPLE IN THE REST OF THE WORLD WOULD DO THE SAME...  

brink of sanity 7/20   

為海地叫好,有人需要反思了。我很難想象 “截止2007年,孟山都僅在美國通過打官司就賺了2150萬美元。” 而這是通過起訴那些拒絕使用它們致命種子的好農民得來的,這本身就是在犯罪!全美國都應該憤怒。不能指望政府保護人民了,他們正是讓這一切發生的罪魁禍首!!!! 醒醒吧,該死的麻木的人們。  

Good for Haiti, someone needs to reflect some sense. This is difficult to wrap my head around "By 2007 Monsanto had already collected over $21.5 million in judgments in the U.S. alone." That was done by sueing good farmers who refuse to use their deadly seed. That itself SHOULD be criminal. All of USA should be outraged. The goverment can't be counted on to protect it's people, they are the ones that have allowed this in the first place!!!! WAKE THE F#*K UP PEOPLE.   

Cee 7/20   

啊,感覺好極了…人們生活貧困並不意味着就愚蠢!!!!兄弟們,幹得好!!!我真希望看到更多的國家痛打孟山都這條惡狗。看看這個惡魔公司對美國農民的所作所為吧,他們的破爛種子被吹進了傳統玉米地。他們就誣告這些農民侵犯了他們的版權!!!!而這些農民壓根就沒有在他們的土地的任何地方栽種過或者想要過那些邪惡的植物!這些玩意兒應該被取締,世界範圍的轉基因種子都要被燒毀。一旦行動,也要把孟山都有實權的主管層燒掉。那些人純粹是罪大惡極的魔鬼!  

Ahhhh, God that felt good...just because people live in poverty, doesn't mean they're stupid!!!! WAY TO GO FOLKS!!! I'd really like to see more nations bitchslap Monsanto. Just look at what this SATANIC company has tried to pull on farmers here in the U.S. where their rotten seeds have blown into traditional cornfields. They SUED those farmers for copyright infringement!!!! These people didn't plant or even want these evil plants anywhere near their property! These things SHOULD be outlaw and ALL GMO seeds worldwide BURNED. While we're at it, let's also burn Monsanto's leadership at the stake too. The people are just plain EVIL!  

E. 7/20   

幹得好,海地!!!很高興他們在孟山都壓榨之前就自己站立起來了!!  

Way to go Haiti!!! Glad they are standing up for themselves before they're oppressed by Monsanto!!   

Gary C 7/20   

海地人比美國人聰明嗎?加油,海地!!!  

are haitians smarter than american farmers? Go Haiti!!!  

NARDA 7/20   

這一大耳光把孟山都扇得好。加油,海地!!;)   

Big slap in the face for Monsanto. Go Haiti!! ;)  

Multiverse Dancer 7/19   

非常高興他們站起來反抗孟都山!這篇文章讓我笑逐顏開。:-)  

I'm glad they are standing up to Monsanto! This article brought a big smile to my face. :-)  

Anastasia Bodnar 06/07/2010 8:24AM   (孟山都槍手

對此局面,文中使用了不必要的危言聳聽。背後的水還深着呢。希望你在“生物強化”雜誌上核實海地的雜交玉米。  

This article uses alarmist language that seems unnecessary for the situation. There is more to the story than presented here. I hope you'll check out Hybrids in Haiti on Biofortified.  

Carol 06/07/2010 9:37AM   

要不是最近看了電影“食品公司”,我還以為孟山都是慈善家呢。這些農民很明智,就是不要讓孟山都得逞。  

I would have thought Monsanto was being philanthropic had I not recently seen the film, "Food, Inc." These farmers are wise to not even get started with Monsanto.   

Kathleen 06/07/2010 12:15PM   (孟山都槍手

孟山都給海地農民捐贈蔬菜種子是為了有助於增加糧食生產並援助這個國家的復甦。我們捐贈種子的理由是什麼呢?海地人民需要優良種子,因為種子越好,越有機會從同一塊土地上獲得更多的食物。   

關於孟山都的種子捐贈,上面的帖子有些不準確的信息,包括說福美雙屬於乙烯-二二硫代氨基甲酸(EBDCs)類的化學品。這是不正確的。當前的分類是(二甲基二硫代氨基甲酸)DMDC。來源:俄勒岡州立大學,1996

要進一步了解孟山都的種子捐贈並回答提出的許多問題,請瀏覽孟山都博客上的帖子。我們在自己的網站上對種子捐贈討論得更多。謝謝!

Kathleen Manning

孟山都公司   

Monsanto donated vegetable seeds to farmers in Haiti, to help increase food production and aid the country during its recovery. The reason for us donating the seeds that we did? The Haitian people need good quality seed, because the better the seed, the better the chances for more food from the same land.  

The post above has some inaccurate information regarding Monsanto's seed donation, including information that Thiram belonged to the ethylene bisdithiocarbamates (EBDCs) class of chemicals. This is incorrect. The current classification is (dimethyl dithiocarbamate) DMDC. Source: Oregon State University, 1996.  

For more information on Monsanto's seed donation and to answer many of the questions asked, you can see the post on the Monsanto blog.  

We talk even more about the seed donation on our website   

Thank you,

Kathleen Manning

Monsanto Company   

Casey 06/08/2010 7:53AM   (孟山都槍手

我只有一個問題:海地有其它的途徑獲得6000袋(475噸)種子嗎?我本來準備給海地捐贈,但既然他們不再需要我的錢,我現在不用捐贈了。謝謝!  

I just have one qusetion. do the Haitians have another source that will give them 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of seeds? I was donating to Haiti but I can stop now since they don't need my money anymore. Thanks!  

Bob 06/08/2010 12:46PM   

了不起啊!!!讓巴蒂斯特先生幹得好!!!告訴孟山都收起那些垃圾滾蛋!!它們毫不尊重大自然母親,它們只尊重強大的美元+用他們的垃圾控制世界或者如先生您所說的“一場新的地震”。  

OUTSTANDING!!! WAY TO GO MR. JEAN-BAPTISTE!!! TELL MONSATO TO TAKE THEIR JUNK AND HEAD OUT!! THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR MOTHER NATURE, ONLY FOR MIGHTY DOLLAR + WORLD CONTROL WITH THEIR JUNK / OR AS YOU PUT IT SIR "A NEW EARTHQUAKE"  

Doc Mudd 06/08/2010 4:57PM   (孟山都槍手

馬上還回我們運往海地所有的慷慨捐贈,以現金和實物。我們現在才明白犯了一個可怕的錯誤,我們是在援助一個曾經驕傲和繁榮的農民王國,在他們的精心打造的烏托邦式的生態系統裡繁榮昌盛。

我們不知道我們錯誤的同情心會威脅到一個長達幾個世紀的宏大遺產,高雅低調、純天然繁榮的海地。 我們錯誤的判斷夠天真的。沒有侮辱之意。還回贓物我們就扯平了。不必傷心難過。  

Promptly return to us all of the generous donations, in cash and in kind, we have shipped to Haiti. We now understand we have made a terrible mistake in offering assistance to an otherwise proud and thriving peasant royalty lanquishing in their exquisitely crafted utopian ecosystem.   

We had no idea our misplaced compassion would threaten a grand legacy, centuries old, of tastefully understated all-natural prosperity in Haiti. Our error in judgement was innocent enough. No insult was intended. Just return the loot and we will call it even. No hard feelings.  

EvoLife 06/09/2010 4:39PM   

我覺得道理很簡單:  

1. 海地需要幫助以便從自然災害中復甦。  

2. 海地需要為了未來重建一切。  

3. 拒絕孟山都的“捐贈”並不意味着海地不需要幫助,卻意味着孟山都的“幫助”代價太高昂。 

4. 如果使用了孟山都提供的種子,海地未來的食品生產和生物多樣性將或者可能受到無法挽回的損害。以明天為代價的今天的幫助並不是真正的“幫助”。  

如果美國向海地派遣陸軍工程兵部隊和海軍工程營用紙板重建他們的城市,可以提供避難所,但能用多久呢,但將來的代價多大呢?這是一個有價值的捐贈嗎?  

不是每一個禮物都值得收下。具體到孟山都的種子,海地農民在保護他們的未來和後代方面很小心謹慎,失去的捐贈會有損失,但長期的損失要會比他們現在的損失大。  

我們美國人難以認識到明天比今天重要。海地人對這個問題的認識比我們深刻得多。  

I think the point is quite simple:

1. Haiti needs help recovering from their natural disaster

2. Haiti needs to rebuild everything for their future

3. The rejection of Monsanto's "donation" does not mean Haiti needs no help, it means the "help" from Monsanto comes at too high a price

4. The future of the food production and biodiversity of Haiti will/may be irreparably compromised if the seed provided by Monsanto is utilized  

Help today at the cost of tomorrow is not exactly "Help".   

If we sent the Army Corps of Engineers and the Navy CB to Haiti to rebuild their city out of cardboard it would provide shelter, but for how long, and at what cost in the future? Would that be a valuable donation?  

Not every gift is worthy of receipt. In the case of the Monsanto seed, the Haitian farmers are careful and cautious about preserving their future and the future of their young at the expense of a donation that may cost them more in the long run than it cost them now.   

Americans (we) have a difficult time recognizing that tomorrow is more important than today. The Haitians have a much stronger grasp on that concept than we do.  

Jjdoublej 06/10/2010 7:35AM   (孟山都槍手

請注意孟山都捐贈的是雜交種子,而不是轉基因。雜交種子在美國種植幾十年了。由於不是轉基因,任何種子都可以留下來年種植。它們不需要施用任何化學藥品。相信這種廢話的人真是荒唐。  

Please realize that the seeds Monsanto is donating are hybrid seeds, not GMO. Hybrid seeds have been planted in the US for several decades. As these seeds are not GMO, any seeds CAN be saved and planted the next year. They are NOT required to use any specific chemicals on them. People that buy in to this type of crap are ridiculous.  

Fytthefutr 06/10/2010 12:38PM   

Jjdoublej:即使它們只是雜交種子,大部分也是不育的。那麼,你可以留下想要的所有種子,但如果有發芽,也很稀少。所以你來年還是得老老實實回去買更多的種子。大多數種子公司都知道這點,所以往往提供更多的雜交種子,結果你只能向他們買更多的種子,而你自己卻留不了自己的種子。所以,你應該仔細看看你的那些言論,而不是說別人在說荒唐的廢話,把你的頭埋進沙子吧。  

jjdoublej Even if they are just hybrid seeds, most hybrids are sterile. So you could save all the seeds you want, but would get very few if any to germinate. So you would still be right back to buying more seeds next year. Most seed companies are aware of this, and tend to offer more hybrids, so that you have to buy more seeds from them, rather than being able to save your own. So maybe you should actually look into the claims that you are making instead of saying its ridiculous crap and burying your head in the sand.  

David C 06/10/2010 1:12PM   (孟山都槍手

孟山都可能做過一些壞事,但批評他們的人毫無道理地反對轉基因。我記得有人批評他們製作的種子造成植株不育(也就是不繁殖不結出新的種子),也有人批評他們向世界基因庫傾倒他們的轉基因。對於這兩點,只有隨心所欲的不嚴肅反動白痴才會批評。  

monsanto may do things that are bad but their critics are mostly opposed to gmos for no sane reason. i remember them getting criticized for making seeds that make sterile plants (that won't reproduce and make new seeds) and they get criticized for their gmos dumping their genetics into the global gene pool. you can't criticize them for both without flagging yourself as a capriciously unserious reactionary idiot.  

Anna 06/13/2010 6:40PM   

致David C:   

讓我給你澄清一下。  

1.“我記得有人批評他們製作的種子造成植株不育” – 植株不育的意思是你不能使有些植株結出種子, 你不能留種子,來年就不能讓種子繁育成新的作物。相反,你得回頭去找孟山都,來年要花更多的美鈔。  

2. “也有人批評他們向世界基因庫傾倒他們的轉基因” – 由於玉米類作物是風媒授粉,轉基因作物就可自由地與其他非轉基因作物混雜,這意味着作物的整體基因種類萎縮,逐漸地,更多作物被轉基因花粉授粉。更多的同類作物(在基因層面上)意味着這些更大的可能性:更寬廣的病害傳播途徑、缺乏抗病力、甚至有可能降低營養價值。由於異花授粉,轉基因植物的種植使其他農民難以保護他們同種作物的正宗品種 (眾所周知,孟山都此時就起訴非轉基因農戶,因為他們的作物沒有被認為是孟山都作物)。  

如果你不明白這些道理,那你就應該深思到底誰才是真正的白痴。  

@ David C.

Let me clarify for you:

1. "i remember them getting criticized for making seeds that make sterile plants" - sterile plants means you can't let some plants go to seed, save them, and generate a new crop from those seeds the next year. Instead, you have to head back to Monsanto and spend more $ next year.   

2. "they get criticized for their gmos dumping their genetics into the global gene pool" - GMOs freely mixing with other non-GMO plants thank to air pollinating crops such as corn means the overall variety of crop genetics becomes dwindled and gradually more crops become fertilized w. GMO pollen. More of the same type of plant (on a genetic level) means higher likelihood of broad disease spread, lack of disease resistance, and possibly even a reduction in nutritional value. GMO cropping makes it difficult for other farmers to protect the heirloom varieties of the same crop thanks to cross-pollination (at which point Monsanto has been known to sue the non-GMO farmer because their crop could not be considered Monstanto crop).   

If that doesn't make sense to you, you should think deeply about who the real idiot in this situation is.  

Jonnyutaw 06/13/2010 11:02PM   

我在海地海軍幹過兩個月。海地曾經是肥沃豐產的國家。海地沒有農業問題。它現在和過去只有政府和階層的問題。他們不需要孟山都的種子。他們需要諸如建築法規、道路、基礎設施和大眾教育。  

孟山都企圖把腳插進那裡的農業大門,幸好一些海地人很聰明,迎面把門給關上了。  

I've spent 2 months in Haiti working for the Navy. Haiti was once a very fertile and productive country. Haiti does not have an agriculture problem. It has/had a government and social class problem. They don't need seeds from monsanto. They need things like building codes, roads, infrastructure and public education.

Monsanto is only trying to get their foot in the door on the agriculture market. Luckily there are a few Haitians that are smart enough to close the door in their face.   

Raymond Peringer 06/14/2010 4:03PM   

那些支持孟山都“慷慨”的言論很虛假,我懷疑他們無私地支持這個公司的動機。我也很偏激。我看過“孟山都恐怖的收穫。” 谷歌一下吧,你就會知道為什麼了。  

The comments of those supporting Monsanto's "generosity" do not ring true, leaving me with the suspicion they have more than altruistic motives for supporting this business. I too am biased. I have read "Monsanto's Harvest of Fear." Google it, and you'll learn why.  

Doc Mudd 06/14/2010 6:35PM   (孟山都槍手

辦公室農學家和其他形形色色的進步仇恨者是不會讓人道主義努力逍遙法外的。  

Let no humanitarian effort go unpunished by armchair agronomists and other versatile haters of progress.  

Mom 06/22/2010 11:18AM   

致孟山都Kathleen:   

孟山都是不是還在起訴那些作物被使用孟山都種子農場作物授粉的農民、迫使這些小農們失業啊

我也想知道印度那些以自殺方式逃避做孟山都債奴農民的更多情況。  

謝謝。  

一個擔憂的媽媽媽

To Kathleen at Monsanto,  

Is Monsanto still in the practice of suing farmers whose crops have been pollinated by crops on other farms that have used Monsanto seeds, and putting those small farmers out of business?   

I'd also like to know more about the farmers in India that are committing suicide as the only way to escape being debt-slaves to Monsanto.   

Thank you,  

A Concerned Mom  

Jig 07/13/2010 11:50PM   

孟都山:這個星球上最大的禍害之一,千真萬確。   

Monsanto: one of the largest destructive forces on the planet.

The truth of the matter.  

Sheila 07/19/2010 12:30AM   

美國捐贈並期待農民們表示感激,這是美國的一貫做派。他們竟敢說不要美國的種子?難道他們不知道美國統治着世界嗎?  

How typical of America to donate and expect the peasants to be grateful. How dare they say they don't want the seeds? Don't they know that America rules the world?  

Celione 07/20/2010 9:32AM   

孟都山不是美國!聽着!我完全反對孟山都的胡作非為。咱們不要想着省事。孟山都肯定有一些隱藏“不深”的動機!但是請不要把整個國家等同於一個公司。  

Monsanto is not America! Come on! and I am really against Monsanto practices. Let's not take shortcuts. Monsanto has some "not-so" hidden motives for sure! But please do not equates a whole country with one company!  

Zimb 09/22/2010 10:52PM   

Doc Mudd,我明顯感覺到你是一個受僱的槍手,目的就是要掩蓋真相。  

孟山都的本質特性以及有案可稽的違法和暴虐行為都揭示出這樣一個陰謀:他們優先考慮的是利潤,而不是健康、安全和市場的獨立性。  

我說“如果我說得不夠清楚”的時候,請允許我裝傻。我操孟山都那些麻木不仁的烏龜們的娘。如果用一種災難性的方式去掠奪一個未來的市場可以被定義為“慈善”,那麼我寧願不要孟山都這樣的施主,我寧願挨餓  

Doc Mudd I get the distinct impression you are a hired goon intent on not seeing the truth of the matter.  

Monsanto's general nature, and record of illegal and abusive activity evinces a scheme where profit is prioritized over health, safety, and market independence.  

Allow me to play the fool when I say, if I haven't said it clearly enough, fuck the monopolistic uncaring cunts at Monsanto. If using a tragedy as a method to secure a future market is defined as "charity" then I rather not have Monsanto as my benefactor. I would just as soon starve.   

Woody 09/29/2010 9:42PM   

Doc Mudd, 如果你一直看書的話,用好像僅僅作為“辦公室農學家”來評論這篇文章是不夠的。我就是農學家,碰巧在第三世界花了很多時間。我可以告訴你開放授粉(正宗)種子的優勢種子是真實的。海地人明智地拒絕這些所謂禮物的原因有很多,但至少不是因為孟山都可怕的跟蹤記錄。轉基因種子和雜交種子總是對開發者有利,一直這樣!雜交種子在某些農場會產生優勢,但不是在發展中國家或者不穩定國家  

Doc Mudd,

If you have been reading, there appears to be more than just "armchair agronomists" commenting on this article. I happen to be an agronomist that spends much of my time in the third world, and I can tell you that the advantages of open pollinated (heirloom) seeds are real. There are many reasons why the Haitians are wise to reject this so called gift, the least of which is not Monsanto's horrible track record. Gm and hybrid seeds are always going to favor the producer,always! Hybrid seeds have their advantages in certain farm production, but not in developing or unstable countries.   

Billie 10/01/2010 4:39PM   

(譯者註:是的,海地可以種植這些種子產出糧食,但代價是什麼?!一旦種子打入了他們的農業,孟都山就主宰了這個島國。海地人可不像美國人那麼傻。他們明白孟山都強加給美國農民的專利會毀掉他們。)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6a412c290100m8pq.html

左派公眾提請公訴茅于軾辛子陵誹謗毛澤東專輯
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144272.html
方舟子妻劉菊花論文抄襲醜聞專輯(持續更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144278.html
方舟子造假、抄襲、剽竊鐵案專輯(持續更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144298.html
美國導演方舟子團伙毀華三大戰役(持續更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201105281144301.html
抵制轉基因、揭露禍國賊博文專輯(持續更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201010191026403.html
被新浪博客刪除博客中國收留博文(持續更新)
http://www.blogchina.com/201011021035431.html
編劇趙華:博文網刊《絕頂閱世》第一至九期
http://www.blogchina.com/201103271111388.html

【拒吃大豆油,抵制轉基因,不當小白鼠】
【反轉基因大本營:
http://www.wyzxsx.com/
【轉基因專題網站:
http://www.zhuanjy.com/
【簡明資料:什麼是轉基因食品?】轉基因,就是把A生物比如昆蟲、動物、細菌的一部分基因,轉移到B生物比如蔬菜、水果、糧食中去,改變B生物的自然特性,達到人的要求。例如,科學家將北極魚體內某個有防凍作用的基因抽出來植入西紅柿里,製造出耐寒西紅柿,就是一種“轉基因食品”。例如,把細菌中的有毒基因植入水稻中,水稻就能產生抗蟲毒素,殺死水稻害蟲。對人有劇毒的轉基因食品三大危害:一代致病,二代致傻,三代絕育。
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_67928ef80100jk9g.html

ArticleContent.innerHTML = ArticleContent.innerHTML.replace(/alt=((['""])[^'""]*2|S+)(?=[^>]*>)/ig,""); ArticleContent.innerHTML = ArticleContent.innerHTML.replace(/title=((['""])[^'""]*2|S+)(?=[^>]*>)/ig,""); var hwk="("; var hw=""; var keywords="美國網民,海地,孟山都,轉基因"; var keys=keywords.split(","); var keylength=keys.length; var keywordscode="關鍵字 "; if(keys!=""){ for(var ks=0;ks"+keys[ks]+" "; } var regex = new RegExp(hwk,"gi"); ArticleContent.innerHTML = ArticleContent.innerHTML.replace(regex,hw); document.write(keywordscode); } 關鍵字 美國網民 海地 孟山都 轉基因
聲明:文章僅代表作者個人觀點,不代表本站觀點 ----- 烏有之鄉 http://www.wyzxsx.com
分享到:
var jiathis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};

烏有之鄉新浪微博地址:http://weibo.com/wyzxwyzx
手機便捷瀏覽烏有之鄉:http://wap.wyzxsx.com http://3g.wyzxsx.com

文章錄入:zhaohua021 責任編輯:利永貞
【複製本文】 【下載本文】我要評論】【加入收藏】【打印此文】【關閉窗口
相關文章
[文藝新生]討金龍魚檄! [網友時評]道德的血液析!
[網友時評]損害“商業利益”還是保護“商業利益”? [網友時評]袁隆平:孟山都在中國的對手及其策略
[網友時評]最新證據證明:吃了轉基因,人絕對被轉基因… [合作之路]小農農業面臨挑戰
[網友時評]海地的“民主總統”證明了什麼?“藿香正氣… [時代觀察]N個轉基因玉米被叫停,哪個部門來做總結試驗…
0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2010: 岩石:毛澤東詩詞是創作還是抄襲? 轉
2010: 邏輯: 毛澤東繼續革命理論荒謬的根源